Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Good idea but players would just claim it was rigged and believe me, this one would look rigged. 

True so what I'm confused about is why not make BRAND NEW ARK servers which are called OFFICIAL (Limited) where you start with absolutely NOTHING and it's an official server but your character cannot transfer to servers which are OFFICIAL and likewise OFFICIAL servers cannot transfer to OFFICIAL (Limited) for 6-12 month.

So Official (Limited) = OL, Official = O, ----> = can transfer in between servers, --/--> = cannot transfer between servers:

OL ----> OL

OL --/--> O

likewise,

O ----> O

O --/--> OL

Then after the 6-12month buffer period the limited servers are integrated into the official ark with no block and this period is likely to see epic raids and stuff going on or like some celebration event where new dingos or maps or breeding events are released with new structures 

They are still discussing what to do, I have a friend who has told me they where not planning to, but it seems more and more that the general pop of ark wants it, the duping has gotten so out of control that people are just sick of it want want a fresh start.

So they may very well do a full wipe, they won't say until it happens because who wants to play knowing in two weeks it won't matter? No one.

8 minutes ago, Bamm said:

They are still discussing what to do, I have a friend who has told me they where not planning to, but it seems more and more that the general pop of ark wants it, the duping has gotten so out of control that people are just sick of it want want a fresh start.

So they may very well do a full wipe, they won't say until it happens because who wants to play knowing in two weeks it won't matter? No one.

But wouldn't knowing a wipe was imminent create epic battles on the PvP servers? The PVE player base may even join declaring war on one another. Sure alot of people would stop playing , I would and it'd be an instant uninstall as I'm not going to restart again. I don't have the time, not anymore. But that's just me.

14 minutes ago, Bamm said:

Points for creativity 

39 minutes ago, Bamm said:

The general population? Over 7 million copies have been sold on all platforms. No one on this forum or anywhere else knows what the general population wants. They're too busy playing the game. We know what some of the vocal minority want. That's about it.

With the huge amount of duping that is going on atm I don't see how the Devs really have any other choice. There are hundreds on youtube and forums all showing how to dupe and pretty much all of the big tribes are involved in it and even now smaller tribes getting in on the act given how easy it is to do. For instance I won't name any names but you go to the home server of certain tribe and just sit on there server and sure enough it will constantly have certain 'issues' at various times of the day.  Now this server is pretty dead with a max of 10 players on it at peak hours. There will be 3 people on and suddenly the servers having issues. I know for a fact from a recent ex member of theirs that they are definitely not super farmers by any means but you wouldn't know it by the amount of TEK structures and resources they have.

The devs wiped servers nearly 2 years ago for something far smaller then this so it makes perfect sense especially given the game is soon to be released that they wipe the servers on release. It will happen. It has to happen. There is no other option, the devs might be playing for time but at the end of the day they know what they need to do.

The majority clearly are in favor of a wipe and I sure like always there will be some PVE players that spent years building some giant lag inducing monument to their vanity who will absolutely hate it but I guess that just bad luck. If they are truly concerned about PVE players being upset they could always just wipe Official PVP servers that would quieten them down.

20 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

Good idea but players would just claim it was rigged and believe me, this one would look rigged. 

That's because people can have have multiple accounts and could vote multiple times. To me, if someone bought 4 times the game (and still has them 4 not being banned), well he should have 4 votes. Im all for a vote but as lon as it's 1 vote by base copy, DLCs does not count, only the base game. Vote once upon login and done. 

41 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

But wouldn't knowing a wipe was imminent create epic battles on the PvP servers? The PVE player base may even join declaring war on one another. Sure alot of people would stop playing , I would and it'd be an instant uninstall as I'm not going to restart again. I don't have the time, not anymore. But that's just me.

So...you will quit if they wipe, because you don't have anymore time for this game...

Soooo...what's your excuse to keep playing if they DON'T wipe, if you don't have the time anymore? Sounds like you're gonna or even SHOULD quit no matter what (and that's fine, but would be pointless to weigh in your thoughts if you already know what you'll do with each outcome...). Rebuilding soudns way more fun than endgame farming and upkeep don't you think?

But you do make one point. PVP could get quite heated. Could...or they'll stop knowing it's pointless to bother until release. Probably one of the reasons WC isn't saying anything yet.

20 minutes ago, Ulta said:

So...you will quit if they wipe, because you don't have anymore time for this game...

Soooo...what's your excuse to keep playing if they DON'T wipe, if you don't have the time anymore? Sounds like you're gonna or even SHOULD quit no matter what (and that's fine, but would be pointless to weigh in your thoughts if you already know what you'll do with each outcome...). Rebuilding soudns way more fun than endgame farming and upkeep don't you think?

But you do make one point. PVP could get quite heated. Could...or they'll stop knowing it's pointless to bother until release. Probably one of the reasons WC isn't saying anything yet.

I don't have the time to rebuild everything I have. I'm limited to about an hour maybe 2 a day which is enough time to tame what a low level trike? How is My opinion pointless? Because I can't dedicate every waking minute to the game I'm less important?  Let me put it another way, I have the gear and the dinos now to accomplish tasks such as boss battles or cave runs. I do not have the time to build back up to where I am currently as I have a kid who is trying to potty train and kinda requires attention. But let me just tell him to Raptor off so I can focus on rebuilding if there is a wipe shall I? And as I have stated numerous times, I don't want to start from scratch for the umpteenth time. It may appeal to you but it doesn't appeal to me. Here's another way to explain it and I'm hoping one of these makes sense as I'm not sure I was clear enough in my original post but here goes nothing. I don't have time to grind anymore. I am established. I has things. Shiny loots. Starting over not fun, too many restarts for me, I stop playing rather than start over again. 

There short concise sentences. 

Oh wait one more thing, don't you think it's the people with less time to play who have built up to a degree over the past 2 years who have the most to lose? But what do I know my opinion is pointless as you so gallantry put it.

37 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

That's because people can have have multiple accounts and could vote multiple times. To me, if someone bought 4 times the game (and still has them 4 not being banned), well he should have 4 votes. Im all for a vote but as lon as it's 1 vote by base copy, DLCs does not count, only the base game. Vote once upon login and done. 

The problem still being, and yes even with once per login is the losing side would still be back here- probably on this thread and social media claiming they have "proof" that it was rigged because of all the people who posted agreeing with their opinion. Don't get me wrong I'm all for this but it would end right back here lol 

After all this experience a wipe is a must, its not only about duping, but about giving the game a fresh start, if you really like the game you will keep playing, else the game will get boring once you get to the point where you have everything.

After 2.4k hours I say wipe, it will bring a new set of players and will make the game a whole new experience without the glitches we all know about, glitches that people abuse and the devs are trying to fix resulting in a broken game.

As a PVE player I can tell you that I have most of the things I can ask for, I have a nice base next to the red ob, plus 3 more bases where I keep my dinos, I am 30 dinos away from dino cap, have enough element to run my tek troughs and craft the stuff I need and I still think that the game needs a fresh start, if you did it once, there is no reason for not being able to do it again.

I have reached the point where the game has become a feed your dinos and hatch babies routine, do a couple boss runs to keep the tek gens running and repeat. PVE old tribes are also abusing their power by controlling land and resources making it hard for new players to grow. If they don't wipe and the game stops selling copies WC will stop putting money and effort into it, imagine if they devote less resources to it...

WC is a company and they probably are running out of "ingots" which explains the price they ask for the game, so they need to turn the game into profitable or else its doomed, the other option being pay to play or getting rid of the official servers.

WC, get rid of the old lag infected servers, create a good and stable cluster and implement all the improvements you keep promising us, devote your resources to make official (PVE and PVP) a playable game with room for new players.

I wont stop playing and neither will my friends on the server (I am in a 2 people tribe), we are already making plans on how we are going to do things if it gets wiped.

23 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

I don't have the time to rebuild everything I have. I'm limited to about an hour maybe 2 a day which is enough time to tame what a low level trike? How is My opinion pointless? Because I can't dedicate every waking minute to the game I'm less important?  Let me put it another way, I have the gear and the dinos now to accomplish tasks such as boss battles or cave runs. I do not have the time to build back up to where I am currently as I have a kid who is trying to potty train and kinda requires attention. But let me just tell him to Raptor off so I can focus on rebuilding if there is a wipe shall I? And as I have stated numerous times, I don't want to start from scratch for the umpteenth time. It may appeal to you but it doesn't appeal to me. Here's another way to explain it and I'm hoping one of these makes sense as I'm not sure I was clear enough in my original post but here goes nothing. I don't have time to grind anymore. I am established. I has things. Shiny loots. Starting over not fun, too many restarts for me, I stop playing rather than start over again. 

There short concise sentences. 

Oh wait one more thing, don't you think it's the people with less time to play who have built up to a degree over the past 2 years who have the most to lose? But what do I know my opinion is pointless as you so gallantry put it.

No need to feel offended. Not once did I criticize your ark methods, nor am I saying you should stay away from your kid, geeze...you are overblowing what I was trying to understand from your end.

If you mean everything you say, and I'm going to assume you are, then okay I get it. You wouldn't WANT to do that. That's fine then, you will most likely be quitting soon because a wipe is a logical route for WC. If it doesn't wipe, cool you get to keep your status at end game, but you'll quit anyway when those 2 hours get used up by something more important and even to when you get bored of the upkeep. That is FINE...

This is also assuming that you have gone through every other option ARK has available when it comes to your playstyle. Which means you are either avoiding PVE mode and Singleplayer (again fine, not everyone's type of playmode), or you are completely unwilling to host your own server or find an unofficial PVP that's active and has good admins and rules, in which you could do so much more in that 2 hour window than just tame a Trike should they have boosted rates.

In the end, you make your decision. I just thought maybe you haven't gone through all the cards to see that maybe you could enjoy ARK just a bit longer if you'd only...move servers or game modes, should a wipe happen. And if I were you...I'd prepare for a wipe. Just friendly advice in case you are actually wanting to continue playing ARK beyond a possible wipe.

37 minutes ago, Ulta said:

No need to feel offended. Not once did I criticize your ark methods, nor am I saying you should stay away from your kid, geeze...you are overblowing what I was trying to understand from your end.

If you mean everything you say, and I'm going to assume you are, then okay I get it. You wouldn't WANT to do that. That's fine then, you will most likely be quitting soon because a wipe is a logical route for WC. If it doesn't wipe, cool you get to keep your status at end game, but you'll quit anyway when those 2 hours get used up by something more important and even to when you get bored of the upkeep. That is FINE...

This is also assuming that you have gone through every other option ARK has available when it comes to your playstyle. Which means you are either avoiding PVE mode and Singleplayer (again fine, not everyone's type of playmode), or you are completely unwilling to host your own server or find an unofficial PVP that's active and has good admins and rules, in which you could do so much more in that 2 hour window than just tame a Trike should they have boosted rates.

In the end, you make your decision. I just thought maybe you haven't gone through all the cards to see that maybe you could enjoy ARK just a bit longer if you'd only...move servers or game modes, should a wipe happen. And if I were you...I'd prepare for a wipe. Just friendly advice in case you are actually wanting to continue playing ARK beyond a possible wipe.

I play on both PVE and PvP have to alternate of course but I do as for playing unofficial servers well that's a bit difficult for console players as was pointed out by someone earlier in the thread. As for single player well i find that its much more fun with other people around dont you? I mean isnt The whole point of the game to join tribes and get built up and rule the ark? That's the only way to unlock everything ark has to offer or so the loading screen lead you to believe. Bad enough I'm tending to the servers I'm on alone because no one wants to play with a wipe hanging over their heads. So for now I'm treading water. Should they wipe I'm gonna move on. I might return most likely will. But as I sit and type this I know what I'm doing should they wipe. I may be a member of the minority as far as that goes but that doesn't qualify my opinion as pointless..  Whether you think it is or not.

3 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

I play on both PVE and PvP have to alternate of course but I do as for playing unofficial servers well that's a bit difficult for console players as was pointed out by someone earlier in the thread. As for single player well i find that its much more fun with other people around dont you? I mean isnt The whole point of the game to join tribes and get built up and rule the ark? That's the only way to unlock everything ark has to offer or so the loading screen lead you to believe. Bad enough I'm tending to the servers I'm on alone because no one wants to play with a wipe hanging over their heads. So for now I'm treading water. Should they wipe I'm gonna move on. I might return most likely will. But as I sit and type this I know what I'm doing should they wipe. I may be a member of the minority as far as that goes but my opinion is still valid.  Whether you think it is or not.

Most of the people I talk to would either be very upset about a wipe or they would just move on.

5 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

I play on both PVE and PvP have to alternate of course but I do as for playing unofficial servers well that's a bit difficult for console players as was pointed out by someone earlier in the thread. As for single player well i find that its much more fun with other people around dont you? I mean isnt The whole point of the game to join tribes and get built up and rule the ark? That's the only way to unlock everything ark has to offer or so the loading screen lead you to believe. Bad enough I'm tending to the servers I'm on alone because no one wants to play with a wipe hanging over their heads. So for now I'm treading water. Should they wipe I'm gonna move on. I might return most likely will. But as I sit and type this I know what I'm doing should they wipe. I may be a member of the minority as far as that goes but my opinion is still valid.  Whether you think it is or not.

I not once said your methods were 'invalid'...

Ah well, Moving along then. I'll be playing wipe or no wipe and will still be enjoying the game in the months to come with my 'plan'.

5 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

The problem still being, and yes even with once per login is the losing side would still be back here- probably on this thread and social media claiming they have "proof" that it was rigged because of all the people who posted agreeing with their opinion. Don't get me wrong I'm all for this but it would end right back here lol 

Oh i totally agree with you on this, just because, there is gonna be backlash whatever they end up doing. There's no good option for the current situation, just worst and less worse ones.

1 hour ago, BulletForce said:

With the huge amount of duping that is going on atm I don't see how the Devs really have any other choice. There are hundreds on youtube and forums all showing how to dupe and pretty much all of the big tribes are involved in it and even now smaller tribes getting in on the act given how easy it is to do. For instance I won't name any names but you go to the home server of certain tribe and just sit on there server and sure enough it will constantly have certain 'issues' at various times of the day.  Now this server is pretty dead with a max of 10 players on it at peak hours. There will be 3 people on and suddenly the servers having issues. I know for a fact from a recent ex member of theirs that they are definitely not super farmers by any means but you wouldn't know it by the amount of TEK structures and resources they have.

The devs wiped servers nearly 2 years ago for something far smaller then this so it makes perfect sense especially given the game is soon to be released that they wipe the servers on release. It will happen. It has to happen. There is no other option, the devs might be playing for time but at the end of the day they know what they need to do.

The majority clearly are in favor of a wipe and I sure like always there will be some PVE players that spent years building some giant lag inducing monument to their vanity who will absolutely hate it but I guess that just bad luck. If they are truly concerned about PVE players being upset they could always just wipe Official PVP servers that would quieten them down.

It's pretty bad for sure. I wonder why they have even bothered wiping individual tribes for duping lately if they are going to wipe all servers at launch?

4 hours ago, Ulta said:

I disagree. Just because he does not have the time to redo 2 years worth of stuff, doesn't mean he doesn't have an hour or so a day to finish off the end game. 

5 minutes ago, Plaguerat13 said:

Its just a shame that its a possibility they will be wiped PVE just because PVP players are louder. 

I play PVE and im for the wipe. It's not like the problem doesn't affect PVE too, saying that would just be a lie.

You can be sure of something, WC won't wipe until they first fix most of the duping exploits, which lead me to believe a potential wipe may come AFTER release. Nothing prevent them from waiting till the flux of new players drops (if there's even one) and wipe after the money as been secured.

• GP locked this topic

Archived