Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

This thread is stupid and this Dodo has a backpack.

I'm 95% sure I'm right about this.

large.Dodo.jpg.492e91cfce3d36ff7261d0452d24ecdb.jpg

Remember to inhale and exhale when looking at this Dodo's purse . No you do not have to adjust your screen resolution. There comes a point in every dodo's life where he feels the need for the single most bad * sling backback under the sun. Do not adjust your television sets for only 19.95 you too can be a piece of this legacy.  Mr. Tiny feet has etched into the stitching of this pack the deed from the Dragon Master of his clan Bruce Willis.  Inside you will find only the most awesome dodo assassin tools known only to the Crux of the Squishy Dodo......

15 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

I highly doubt any intentional "catastrophic server failure" is in the cards. That's not something a company plans for in business decisions, but it does make for some good conspiracy theory if that's your thing lol

Specific servers have had issues, though... mainly happened when Obama was president

2 hours ago, Titus said:

Almost to 90 pages of server wipe theory. Still no response from the devs. I think they would have made a statement to calm the paranoia if there was to be no wipes. I think their silence speak volumes. I personally think that all a wipe will do is buy WC about 30 days of games sales before the word gets out about the bugs. Then like many other games it will be a quick sensation plummet then fade away with most of its base players

They did make a statement, and as I also stated many times in this thread it won't matter because nobody will listen? This is something people are very passionate about- everyone sees their perspective as the correct choice and not much is going to change that 

1 hour ago, KingCobraXxXz said:

The only people upset about the wipes are those duping [causing the lag] and those that spent real money on the game [illegal and pathetic]. anyone who went the pay to win route deserves to lose that money for breaking the 4th rule listed on arks rule list. gain some common sense. be a decent human being for onec.

That's a very narrow perspective for something being commented on by pve and pvp, three different platforms. That's like someone saying the only reason anyone wants a wipe is so they can compete and don't have to work for it. Neither one is true 

22 minutes ago, Glockmaster said:

PVP or PVE don't matter, and who said anything about statistics? This was asking for an OPINION about the cry baby losers saying they will never play again if a wipe happens and the correlation to them actually being the cheaters making the need for a wipe necessary.

Let them leave it will just bring the server dino cap for us on PVE 

I know this is about after a wipe just less people building up and hoarding dinos

On 7/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, bkrafty said:

Yeah, this whole thread should be published in a nice leather bound, Ark themed book and given out with the collector's edition for the new folks to see the history of ARK.

U know what, Ima do that for WC for the next anniversary. If you want to help me I'll PM you my email, I can make a scrap book and send it to them lmao 

I constantly dupe my implant and i still want a wipe. OH!! and the Coca-Cola cans with the christmas print on them are 33% better because of that. The 1% think they're in the 99%. I'm almost 100% sure i can pull off other bullcrap % out of my head, but im 50% sure i wont do it.

I'm 1001% sure i never posted something so irrelevant and stupid.

What's...the point of this thread again? Because I highly doubt any of these cheaters are going to willingly post here saying 'Oh yeah I'm one of those people!'.

If only it was that easy...and I would only hope that a wipe would make these cheaters go away, but doubtful...as long as WC patches out being able to dupe, then maybe some progress can happen, or they pull down the ban hammer HARD...

1 hour ago, KingCobraXxXz said:

The only people upset about the wipes are those duping [causing the lag] and those that spent real money on the game [illegal and pathetic]. anyone who went the pay to win route deserves to lose that money for breaking the 4th rule listed on arks rule list. gain some common sense. be a decent human being for onec.

I don't dupe and haven't spent real money on the game and would be upset over a wipe so your point is ???

33 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

They did make a statement, and as I also stated many times in this thread it won't matter because nobody will listen? This is something people are very passionate about- everyone sees their perspective as the correct choice and not much is going to change that 

Lets be honest. This is not a black  and white issue. Both sides have valid points and good reason for picking that respective sides.

However I have said it once and will say it again. The co-founder of the company has said there wont be a wipe in an official statement and that that was the final word in the matter. So the real discussion is if he/WC will keep their word. Yes, as people keep stating things do change and a lot of time has passed amd if the stance has changed the least they could do is tell us, people would understand if given proper reasoning and time. But until then the official stance is no wipe and lets bet honest if a wipe is to happen at launch... is the game even going to be fit for a wipe at launch ???

My God I am back at the beginning of that dratted circle again. Someone please send  help...

5 hours ago, bkrafty said:

No ill probably be having a jack n coke on the golf course and thanking them for ending my suffering and enjoying summer. I'm almost becoming pro wipe as I type this?

5 hours ago, Demonslaye said:

then why are you saying do not wipe the servers for?

This is if the wipe the servers obviously9_9 If they do not I will probably still be playing. Although, not as much because I don't have to punch trees again and build a new base and tame new dinos. This is one of the main reasons I have stated I am not in favor of wiping because I do not have the time to do all of that again, but would still like to play  with all of the stuff I had to do to get to the point where I could play casually and not have to grind all the time.

All the people saying they don't want to start over cause it takes too much time make me laugh...there are unofficials and the ability to rent or make your own server with boosted rates for a reason. Officials aren't the only servers out there...it's like you are purposely sabotaging yourselves to one kind of server and not even realizing there are other options that can rectify your 'will take too long issue' should a wipe happen or not.

It's not our faults that WC's core game modes is a grindfest. And if you play official only because you liked that sort of pacing then you wouldn't complain to doing it again. It's just so...baffling.

16 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

The co-founder of the company has said there wont be a wipe in an official statement and that that was the final word in the matter.

No it wasn't. The most recent 'Will there be a wipe?' question was answered by Jen with a 'We are still discussing it'. Every RECENT wipe question in lesser known areas like the E3 interviews and such have also been met with similar answers.

So no...that 1 year old statement is clearly being turned back on it's head because something is making them consider otherwise. People have every right to treat this silence from WC as a possible yay or nay to a wipe, just because of those 'were still thinking on it' statements devs have made RECENTLY.

27 minutes ago, Ulta said:

No it wasn't. The most recent 'Will there be a wipe?' question was answered by Jen with a 'We are still discussing it'. Every RECENT wipe question in lesser known areas like the E3 interviews and such have also been met with similar answers.

So no...that 1 year old statement is clearly being turned back on it's head because something is making them consider otherwise. People have every right to treat this silence from WC as a possible yay or nay to a wipe, just because of those 'were still thinking on it' statements devs have made RECENTLY.

Shhhhh. Your logic will not work here!!

Sticking chairs/mini gun turrets/rocket turrets in lava,spamming to sit on them.

Easiest most successful way to crash the server and cause a rollback.

Im sick to death of chasing tribes around lava when they come to the server to dupe. 

In a day one alpha thats still alpha,just wipe the lot,we wont be back but the games torn to pieces,you have no idea how much duped items there is,now glitched rocket launchers with 323 durability have emerged,firing stacks of rockets.

50 minutes ago, Ulta said:

All the people saying they don't want to start over cause it takes too much time make me laugh...there are unofficials and the ability to rent or make your own server with boosted rates for a reason. Officials aren't the only servers out there...it's like you are purposely sabotaging yourselves to one kind of server and not even realizing there are other options that can rectify your 'will take too long issue' should a wipe happen or not.

It's not our faults that WC's core game modes is a grindfest. And if you play official only because you liked that sort of pacing then you wouldn't complain to doing it again. It's just so...baffling.

Let me correct you on a couple things. No rentable servers for Xbox that I know of. Unofficials come and go too frequently, thus we went official and don't want to be wiped for the very reason we are on officials. There is a community on officials (good community on some if they are managed right) again the reason we don't want them wiped. We like official because of pacing doesn't mean we want to do it again. Maybe we liked it because it took 2 years to get to  the end. That doesn't mean we want to do it again. Less baffling now, I hope? 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

I don't dupe and haven't spent real money on the game and would be upset over a wipe so your point is ???

Lets be honest. This is not a black  and white issue. Both sides have valid points and good reason for picking that respective sides.

However I have said it once and will say it again. The co-founder of the company has said there wont be a wipe in an official statement and that that was the final word in the matter. So the real discussion is if he/WC will keep their word. Yes, as people keep stating things do change and a lot of time has passed amd if the stance has changed the least they could do is tell us, people would understand if given proper reasoning and time. But until then the official stance is no wipe and lets bet honest if a wipe is to happen at launch... is the game even going to be fit for a wipe at launch ???

My God I am back at the beginning of that dratted circle again. Someone please send  help...

Better question for people to ask themselves is why public figures- responsible for making decisions- give vague answers that can be taken either way before an election. Let's say a candidate, already in office, has a history of raising taxes but he/she are campaigning saying they will try everything in their power to not raise taxes. Clearly, the candidate is currently making referendums that would suggest they are raising taxes regardless of anything otherwise suggested... so if you look close enough you can tell what will probably happen. Maybe we need to look at clues that WC has given us of what might happen as far as resetting servers the pieces are there to put together if anyone wants to read official statements for 5 minutes 

• GP locked this topic

Archived