Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

Let's get back on topic.

Again, everyone is allowed to post an opinion in this thread, including PVE or PVP.

Also, I have not seen any recent posts from WC saying what they will do, wipe or no wipe or something in between, much less PVP only or PVE only or everything or something in between.

Guest chancho33015

Well, is you are an old solo player who spend 4k hours to have his game deleted... that is not a fair thing. not to mention i am not a pillar person. small base..with dinos under the cap by 300...so yes. it would be a big F to us single player who have been playing in official server. new players should stop complaining about alpha tribe... like i do and build where ever you can. be creative and stop acting like little boys lol 

28 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Let's get back on topic.

Again, everyone is allowed to post an opinion in this thread, including PVE or PVP.

Also, I have not seen any recent posts from WC saying what they will do, wipe or no wipe or something in between, much less PVP only or PVE only or everything or something in between.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

1 hour ago, bkrafty said:

I don't know how people with responsibilities even manage to play 12 hours/day?

They don't.

I like you have taken my opportunities with holidays and breeding events etc to build up over the last two years to get to the stage where I can do bosses etc, but life goes on and there are plenty of responsibilities to attend to.  I'm not going to spend another two years to get to this stage again.  Sure if someone can spend 12 hours a day on it then they will probably not have a problem hitting the bosses in a few months but most people don't have that luxury.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Sleiva said:

Keyword in my post, was "recent".  I am well aware of that post, as I have quoted it before.  But there are also other recent sources that might conflict with that.

In short, I have not seen a recent, as in a close to launch statement, that says what will or will not happen.  We will all know for sure, when they finally tell us.

1 hour ago, arkark said:

Nice, I was occupied yesterday but I was able to compile the info in the last hour.

2173 total posts

350 unique users posted

And the top15 most active users on the thread with number of posts:

361 Volcano637
     93 DeningWei
     83 bkrafty
     82 OGCookies
     81 Insomniak
     63 GP
     63 YUSHOETMI
     58 Lucifina
     39 Vrallox
     31 arkark
     30 Wal62
     29 Joebl0w13
     28 Paneross
     25 Irk
     24 AngrySaltire

It would be faster to get the info using a single query at the db, but python and beatifulsoup did a good work

Wow good info nice job

43 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh God I made the  top 15... Apparantly I need a life hahaha. Didnt think i posted  that much...

I was surprised I was in the top 10 but then I thought of how much fun this thread has been. Some people watch comedies on TV and some people watch interactive comedies on forums play out before their eyes.

I suppose the wipe...er...POSSIBLE wipe (hehe) would go down easier if the tribe system wasn't so broken. I've been wanting to invite people for some time but it's just not set up to even trust ARK acquaintances let alone new players. You'd think there would be more safeties in place for PvE tribes but it's the same crap PvP tribes have to deal with.

Hell. I think if a tribemate in PvP attacks an animal they're not authorized to ride then everything in the area should go after them including the turrets.

Almost to 90 pages of server wipe theory. Still no response from the devs. I think they would have made a statement to calm the paranoia if there was to be no wipes. I think their silence speak volumes. I personally think that all a wipe will do is buy WC about 30 days of games sales before the word gets out about the bugs. Then like many other games it will be a quick sensation plummet then fade away with most of its base players

So I've played ark since release on beta and hand on my heart have grinded and grafted everything I have. I am well established and ascended yesterday but still feel like it's no sort of achievement as I see that only tribes who dupe and dupe constantly grow to stupid sizes with no consequences will rule the ark. Therefore all my honest work is for nothing. How will the devs fix this and will honest tribes ever be rewarded or will it only be cheats that succeed  at ark. Will we get a definite answer on server wipes for launch or will the cheats be rewarded for their efforts 

7 minutes ago, Titus said:

Almost to 90 pages of server wipe theory. Still no response from the devs. I think they would have made a statement to calm the paranoia if there was to be no wipes. I think their silence speak volumes. I personally think that all a wipe will do is buy WC about 30 days of games sales before the word gets out about the bugs. Then like many other games it will be a quick sensation plummet then fade away with most of its base players

I have to admit that it's a possibility. I mean it wouldn't be the first time a company with an early access game just grabbed the money and ran after releasing their broken game.

Come to think of it...wasn't the lawsuit about one of Wildcard's founders breaking a contract by jumping ship from their last company? To the conspiracy van! It's parked down by the river!

12 minutes ago, Titus said:

Gotta get to 100 ??

9 minutes ago, Titus said:

But after 2 hours of good gameplay people cannot refund, so it is another reason to wipe.

Also low level pvp was really great, we all can remember how it was when we began to play on freshly started servers. Knocking people out just to get some berries, taming a trike and a few dodo's buidling a wooden castle, with a few people who reached metal tools trying to break down a wooden door or wall, just realizing the inside was made of stone when they finally got in. :D

Reality Check -

1. there will be no wipe - no announcement from WC means that their official statement (from a year ago) still stands

2. Servers are crashing like crazy - people are being wiped due to data loss by the server setup/ no back up ????

3. Game will not be full ready by the August 8th release date - lag is horrible, servers crash, updates are put off, Chaos reigns...

4. People are gong to be upset when the release date gets moved again its going to be hard for any potential new players to wait for the game to come out...

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Lucifina said:

Reality Check -

4. People are gong to be upset when the release date gets moved again its going to be hard for any potential new players to wait for the game to come out...

It's not going to be moved again, it's not an ETA, it's a hard date no matter what happens. It will be released on 8.8.2017.

The only people upset about the wipes are those duping [causing the lag] and those that spent real money on the game [illegal and pathetic]. anyone who went the pay to win route deserves to lose that money for breaking the 4th rule listed on arks rule list. gain some common sense. be a decent human being for onec.

17 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

Everyone's just gonna point out that he said that a year ago.

Yeah they point that out with good reason, since then they removed that post from sticky and officially said they were still discussing wiping the servers on release.

Also they have officially said that a decision has not been made very recently, in the past few weeks/months. So indeed that post has become so very obsolete.

Also, more important the whole game has changed, the game has become far more elaborate than one year ago we all could imagine. There are now real story lines (explorer notes), boss fights which get more tricky than simple throw in 20 rexes and win. 

And we must not forget, all the incidents in between a year ago and now, where servers have already been wiped or reset! For so many different reasons, from hardware failure to excessive cheating/ bug abuse

So Let's all just wait for official Wild Card announcement on this topic and stop refering to a year old obsolete message, whatever will happen some people will be happy and others will be sad, but in the end we have to remember this is Ark, is a game in which you can decide your own fate, play style, make new friends and enemy's and just have a lot of fun and the more you play it the more fun you will have!. :)

I say there needs to a wipe because of all the mega tribes duping they have enough stuff to build giant bases for the remainder of the games life without even having to grind anything it's crazy how much this has became a problem, I'm on Xbox and I know every tribe I've talked to (bout 30 servers) even tho that's not the majority of people but they say there should be a wipe and have of those tribes are duping themselves because that's the only way they can keep up with bigger tribes trying to raid them

5 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

I bet they do isolated servers on release. They seem to be testing the idea with Ragnarok. Low population servers will be wiped, hardware failures happen (wink), and eventually the new servers will be as corrupted as the old ones. I also think new maps will replace a lot of the need for server wipes. Maintaining multiple bases on multiple servers will get old for some of the alphas.

I highly doubt any intentional "catastrophic server failure" is in the cards. That's not something a company plans for in business decisions, but it does make for some good conspiracy theory if that's your thing lol

• GP locked this topic

Archived