Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

11 minutes ago, Snix said:

I have one question and that is will the official ark pvp servers be wiped on release I feel like this will make the mega alpha's upset but make the smaller tribes happy I am currently raising a giga and im if im not going to be able to keep it for more then a week screw that 

Lol, even if the servers don't wipe.... I doubt you'll be able to keep your giga for more than a week on official pvp

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Someone started a topic asking about a potential server wipe of officials ? For some reason mods merged with this thread ? Note sure why. I want to know more about the turkeys personally.

It's a great alternative to a straight wipe... make every spawn a max level super turkey, Giga, or Titan for a week prior to release... That would likely clean the servers fairly well PvE and PvP and they could confidently say we kept our word no server wipe will happen.

11 minutes ago, Lucifina said:

It's a great alternative to a straight wipe... make every spawn a max level super turkey, Giga, or Titan for a week prior to release... That would likely clean the servers fairly well PvE and PvP and they could confidently say we kept our word no server wipe will happen.

Aaannddd back on topic and off joke mode. I like this idea. I would be all for max level dodorex. Loved that thing in the haloween event. Nothing struck fear into the heart more than logging in for two weeks hoping the darn thing hadnt spawned into my base.

Dupers who have duped 1,00's of tek turrets with the element to power them though could cream any Dodorex in minutes though...that wouldn't solve anything...

Unless...that is WC's way of seeing who the dupers ARE...I mean no normal ARK player should feasibly maintain a base strong enough to defend against 50 Dodorex's except for the dupers...easy way to weed them out and still not go back on their word of no 'wipe' :DodoRex-Mask:

Might be on to something here folks haha.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Aaannddd back on topic and off joke mode. I like this idea. I would be all for max level dodorex. Loved that thing in the haloween event. Nothing struck fear into the heart more than logging in for two weeks hoping the darn thing hadnt spawned into my base.

1 hour ago, Ulta said:

Dupers who have duped 1,00's of tek turrets with the element to power them though could cream any Dodorex in minutes though...that wouldn't solve anything...

Unless...that is WC's way of seeing who the dupers ARE...I mean no normal ARK player should feasibly maintain a base strong enough to defend against 50 Dodorex's except for the dupers...easy way to weed them out and still not go back on their word of no 'wipe' :DodoRex-Mask:

Might be on to something here folks haha.

Even with me being 100% anti wipe I love this Idea and even the dupers would have issues keeping up for a week against the constant onslaught of angry creatures... keep it up in the ocean too alpha Megalodon, Leedsichthys, and Tusoteuthis everywhere. and heck if you survive that well you win LoL. They could call it the Early Access Armageddon Event with 2x taming, harvesting, and experience LMFAO

3 hours ago, Lucifina said:

Even with me being 100% anti wipe I love this Idea and even the dupers would have issues keeping up for a week against the constant onslaught of angry creatures... keep it up in the ocean too alpha Megalodon, Leedsichthys, and Tusoteuthis everywhere. and heck if you survive that well you win LoL. They could call it the Early Access Armageddon Event with 2x taming, harvesting, and experience LMFAO

So...we either have a choice of ''everything being wiped'' or ''devs spawn 100s of alphas that still wipe everything''....seems good.

it should clearly be wiped. people have got pathetic with duping, selling things for real money, blocking spawns, obbs, and drops. The game won't make it a year after official release if they keep letting these no lives be the center of the game. if you have to cheat, or buy what you have. go to another game where you actually have any level of skill. 

11 minutes ago, KingCobraXxXz said:

it should clearly be wiped. people have got pathetic with duping, selling things for real money, blocking spawns, obbs, and drops. The game won't make it a year after official release if they keep letting these no lives be the center of the game. if you have to cheat, or buy what you have. go to another game where you actually have any level of skill. 

That doesn't seem to be a very good argument for a wipe.  Exploits will exist after release, the only real way to deal with it is to start banning more people.  No-lifers will still be no-lifers upon release, people will still buy things.

30 minutes ago, Ocicat said:

I think the wipe is happening. Four xbox servers were wiped (due to catastrophic hardware failure) and now Rag 60 is wiped, bases and tames all gone.

So you're saying we shouldn't be surprised if someone trips on a cord and wipes out an entire region's servers? "Accidents" do happen.

Now I see what the devs are up to! Diabolical!

21 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Tell me again what is wrong with buying dinos?

I think he probably means if your on pvp its a bit to easy to buy something rather than your tribes hard work, bit like using a cheat code, its not really playing the game, and also some folks not really in a position to afford to buy and also it becomes pay to win, just my opinions  

• GP locked this topic

Archived