Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wipe, don't wipe

its all the same in the end, will they be able to prevent duping is the question

because if they cant and then wipe, whats to stop someone getting that perfect tame and doing it all over again?

what WC should do to tackle this is provide a specific ticket system and team that will review daily and manually wipe a character and all their belongings. is there a way of running an algorithm that uses the codes associated to a player, any player that player has dealt with connected to any item that root player ever had and cause a systematic delete of everything?

think of Warcraft when the Guardian uses that spell to attack anything Fell based and leave everything else alone.

they can then leave said coding run throughout the life of the game thus preventing any activity which ticks a box in relation to duping and squashes it!

sorry i was in dream land again :D

EDIT: I want full credit for this idea if its possible ;) 

4 minutes ago, GP said:

There's actually only a handful of people in this thread really saying the same thing over and over, not really the "community" lol.

¿Can you give detailed information about how many unique users posted on this topic? I dont mean a list that says "arkark -> 20 post", just number of unique users that posted.

1 minute ago, GP said:

There's actually only a handful of people in this thread really saying the same thing over and over, not really the "community" lol.

Is this the same attitude taken by the devs about their "Official" forums? See, we were lead to believe that they watched this place for feedback and ideas and problems that we, their game testers find. But to dismiss our criticism on the grounds that it is the same people saying the same thing over and over leads people to believe that whatever you post here is ignored as we say nothing useful that has not been said before.

Actually, that kinda makes sense as Reddit posts get the attention from them, here people get warned and banned and negative feedback filtered out or deleted from the devs attention.

I am part of an HOA. They have meetings, and votes, and all sorts of little get togethers. I know of them, as we get flyers in the mail a week or so beforehand. Usually with a little bit of info, and a basic idea of what they want to have a discussion about.

I have not been to a single meeting.

Therefore, I have no place to complain or gripe about the decisions they make about my grass.

Official forums for ark is put out. It is updated.(Sometimes) It exists, and the slightest bit of effort will find it from one of the many redirects on Steam, Wiki, or Reddit.....

This is the community. This is your sampling. You can't force Ark players to come here. These are the people willing to put their time in to give feedback.

Even if it is just a single first time post that says "Ark stinks now, Dilo Wildcard?"

The others, the ones who do not come here, they choose to not have a voice.

They don't get a vote whether their grass is two inches or three if they do not participate in feedback nor can a vague "Larger Community" argument be used to support either side of an argument. That is the worst type of hypocrisy. To assume that the "Larger unspoken masses that choose not to participate in a swamp of a forum" support you or your opponent.

Seriously, over the last year of being here, in the last five months the quality has taken a serious nose dive on the forums. Bad.

21 minutes ago, X111 said:

what WC should do to tackle this is provide a specific ticket system and team that will review daily and manually wipe a character and all their belongings. is there a way of running an algorithm that uses the codes associated to a player, any player that player has dealt with connected to any item that root player ever had and cause a systematic delete of everything?

maybe you need to rephrase this lol you may not want to take credit for what this would actually do in a dynamic game environment.

7 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

See, we were lead to believe that they watched this place for feedback and ideas and problems that we, their game testers find. 

Actually, that kinda makes sense as Reddit posts get the attention from them, here people get warned and banned and negative feedback filtered out or deleted from the devs attention.

It's been very clear that this forum gets very little attention from anyone that matters. Once in a while you'll see a post here-n-there, but for the most part it's ignored. Of course, though, people are going to tell you that "they surely do read things on here". Kinda like how Santa knows when you've been naughty or nice.

Like you said, Reddit gets a decent amount of love from the higher ups, as does Twitter. If you're looking to reach out to someone, you'd have a better chance on anything other than their official forums.

9 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Is this the same attitude taken by the devs about their "Official" forums? See, we were lead to believe that they watched this place for feedback and ideas and problems that we, their game testers find. But to dismiss our criticism on the grounds that it is the same people saying the same thing over and over leads people to believe that whatever you post here is ignored as we say nothing useful that has not been said before.

I am part of an HOA. They have meetings, and votes, and all sorts of little get togethers. I know of them, as we get flyers in the mail a week or so beforehand. Usually with a little bit of info, and a basic idea of what they want to have a discussion about.

I have not been to a single meeting.

Therefore, I have no place to complain or gripe about the decisions they make about my grass.

Official forums for ark is put out. It is updated.(Sometimes) It exists, and the slightest bit of effort will find it from one of the many redirects on Steam, Wiki, or Reddit.....

This is the community. This is your sampling. You can't force Ark players to come here. These are the people willing to put their time in to give feedback.

Even if it is just a single first time post that says "Ark stinks now, Dilo Wildcard?"

The others, the ones who do not come here, they choose to not have a voice.

They don't get a vote whether their grass is two inches or three if they do not participate in feedback nor can a vague "Larger Community" argument be used to support either side of an argument. That is the worst type of hypocrisy. To assume that the "Larger unspoken masses that choose not to participate in a swamp of a forum" support you or your opponent.

Seriously, over the last year of being here, in the last five months the quality has taken a serious nose dive on the forums. Bad.

This is the exact attitude that WC and its employees / mods take just read their post that they make from day to day(be it on the forums, twitterz, redidiot, or anyother platform). But don't worry its you and me ad the other that bring up discussions that are at fault. Because remember it's an EA and that excuses all wrong doing and we should be ashamed for giving input to try and make the game better.

23 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Being that hes the community mod im sure he knows how to do his job better than you can lecture on it

Every time i post something i fear an answer like that.I am sorry for defending the few people that actually care to post and discuss their thoughts

on this important decision and i apologize for reacting in his response that clearly states that we are not a ''significant'' part of the ark community...

10 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Every time i post something i fear an answer like that.I am sorry for defending the few people that actually care to post and discuss their thoughts

on this important decision and i apologize for reacting in his response that clearly states that we are not a ''significant'' part of the ark community...

I think everyone might be taking this thread too seriously 

24 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Pretty sure he was getting at were not the whole community but only a small portion if it responding to someone referring to people in this thread as he entire community dont think it was meant to offend your significance or self esteem to each is own tho 

Fact: Server wipes aren't happening.

Why? Because it was never a option to start with. Every single other EA game if a wipe was coming on release you knew about it from the start. There silence on this confirms no wipe is coming.

They've already stated it officially in the past. There's no need for them to keep repeating themselves. 

1 minute ago, Paneross said:

Fact: Server wipes aren't happening.

Why? Because it was never a option to start with. Every single other EA game if a wipe was coming on release you knew about it from the start. There silence on this confirms no wipe is coming.

They've already stated it officially in the past. There's no need for them to keep repeating themselves. 

The doubt comes from the game breaking bugs and how they can fix them.Also the silence works in both ways.

Anyways i said anything i had in this thread and since many people just want to log in and fight other people i am done with these forums.

I ll return to my previous state, seeing announcements, patches then close the site.

19 minutes ago, Boyster said:

The doubt comes from the game breaking bugs and how they can fix them.Also the silence works in both ways.

Anyways i said anything i had in this thread and since many people just want to log in and fight other people i am done with these forums.

I ll return to my previous state, seeing announcements, patches then close the site.

The only difference is they've already stated no wipes. They have never ever said wipes are coming. Wipes are not coming, I honestly wish they would so I can play other games that aren't such a chore.

1 hour ago, Paneross said:

The only difference is they've already stated no wipes. They have never ever said wipes are coming. Wipes are not coming, I honestly wish they would so I can play other games that aren't such a chore.

They stated that last June, and with how bad duping has become there's no way they don't wipe the servers, honestly doesn't matter to me even tho I'd like a wipe to start from scratch again, feel like all ark is now breed and farm lol if they could find a way to get rid of all the duped gear I could see them not wiping the servers but if they find a way to prevent duping and can't erase just the duped stuff I think that's where the wipe comes into place sucks for the hard honest players that dupers are ruining the game but we only have 3 weeks to go so the countdown isn't to long

• GP locked this topic

Archived