Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

4 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Wildcard has stated many things.

I remember excitedly awaiting official release from a year ago when it was supposed to happen.

And DX12.

And dynamic length bridges.

I waited an extra year for them to release water breeding beyond their stated time.

I also did not expect them to re-enable server transfer after the original nightmare it caused, what with all of the duping and cheating it caused two years ago. Especially when they said they were not because they claimed to not be able to fix the problems associated with transfer duping. Huh. They still can't.

And you think they won't go back on an old claim that they will not do version of P2W?

Business to them. There will always be the trolls here yammering "Unofficial is better!!"

Official servers will become unsustainable money loss to Wildcard without fresh capital after release.

Release time approaches.

They re-enable server transfer to encourage duping and cheating to drive people away from official.

They nerf all dinos, land and air. Very popular mod fixes this on unofficial. More people leave official.

Make endgame content waaaay more difficult to access than needed on official. Still more people leave official.

Final nail in the coffin?

Wipe all servers, cut number of officials by half,and make microtransaction boosted rates a thing.

It is a fun game to us. It is business to them. They will go where the money is. And there is not money in hosting 600 official PVP servers with 10 people on each, and 500 PVE servers that are pillar spammed and the snowflakes constantly screaming about being unable to build.

As a guy I know likes to say,

Full Wipe. Wipe it all.

I don't like it, but they are going to. I don't care what sort of damage control the moderators run around here. The devs are going to wipe.

Anyone who believes they are not is foolish.

Dropping paid DLC on an early access game. They are just practicing and testing for paid on/off switch of boosting rates.

Watch any interview with the people allowed to discuss the game. Look at their face. They know.

God dang it. You just had to go and do it didn't you??????

i swore up and down that I would never agree with this duct tape guy and there he goes making me a liar. Smh. Not too happy about that. Anyways, congrats on that.

well I guess it is final, if I can actually agree with this guy then Jeremy can change his mind on the wipe as well.

i still truly believe all of you anti wipe people will learn to love the new, fresh game just like it was back in the day. It will be fun, just wait and see. ?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

And you don't think that is what they want? There are a lot of bad people that play this game. And to be ho eat the game would be a lot better without them, especially if they leave over something so small. I mean come on, where are the tissues?

The bad people wont be the ones leaving. A wipe makes perfect conditions for them.

Just now, DeningWei said:

The bad people wont be the ones leaving. A wipe makes perfect conditions for them.

I wasn't talking about dupers or anything like that. That is a totally different kind of bad person than I was talking about.

the bad people are probably what you consider to be normal players. They just need to go.

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

I wasn't talking about dupers or anything like that. That is a totally different kind of bad person than I was talking about.

the bad people are probably what you consider to be normal players. They just need to go.

That wasn't the kind of bad person I was talking about either.  I'm talking about griefers and trolls.

But the people considered normal players need to go? Who's gonna be left? You and other mid tier betas amongst a sea of noobs? Not happening.  The griefers and gankers and alphas will be there too.  All the worst Ark has to offer love fresh wiped maps.

1 minute ago, DeningWei said:

That wasn't the kind of bad person I was talking about either.  I'm talking about griefers and trolls.

But the people considered normal players need to go? Who's gonna be left? You and other mid tier betas amongst a sea of noobs? Not happening.  The griefers and gankers and alphas will be there too.  All the worst Ark has to offer love fresh wiped maps.

Yeah I wasn't talking about the griefers and trolls either lol they aren't that bad.

you did say the magic word though. The truly bad people. The game would be a lot better without them.

12 hours ago, DeningWei said:

There's been dozens of reasons but if you need me to dig them up again I surely can do that for you.

Feel free, some have tried but for now they havent presented a single one. And please keep in mind that wiping should only be done when the game is stable and without exploits and glitches still roaming free. So telling me wiping wont help because dupers are just gonna keep duping is irrelevant.

12 hours ago, DeningWei said:

I seriously doubt that exploits will be gone in the few weeks we have before release.  And the devs sure as hell won't wipe after release.  So yeah, probably no wipe.  Not much point really.

I hope they will fix their game before release and if they cannot postpone release. Then, if its all fixed, they should wipe. Why release a game that isnt stable?

1 hour ago, DeningWei said:

Haha so you don't remember SE when it first came out do you.  Everybody but the Alphas was continuously destroyed for weeks.

weirdly my SE experience was fun and didn't see anybody getting destroyed for well over a week, infact the biggest killer on the server i was on (pvp) was dehydration xD

2 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

anyways, the selfish people don't want the wipe because they don't care at all about the new players. They want to let them come in while they have everything so they have nothing to worry about. Very sad. 

But hey I totally get it. They are already afraid right now to lose their stuff so why would they want some new people that might take over to take their stuff away.

Care about new players: The way to go, perfectly fine.
Care about old players/current fanbase: Selfish and entitled.

You pretend to "care about new players" yet everyone can see that you only want those "bad people" to lose all of their stuff and be upset.

And yes dude, as a member of an Alpha tribe with thousands of hours I am totally afraid of the Bobs and Janes that will come and ask how to pick up stones on the beach. Not about the Megatribes with 30+ Servers naaah dude, its the new players I am afraid of.

The only sad thing is how you troll in almost every thread in this forum without consequences. I guess you are just smart enough to do it without going against the forum rules. Just look at your profile picture, you know exactly what you are doing.

22 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

You pretend to "care about new players" yet everyone can see that you only want those "bad people" to lose all of their stuff and be upset.

And yes dude, as a member of an Alpha tribe with thousands of hours I am totally afraid of the Bobs and Janes that will come and ask how to pick up stones on the beach. Not about the Megatribes with 30+ Servers naaah dude, its the new players I am afraid of.

The only sad thing is how you troll in almost every thread in this forum without consequences. I guess you are just smart enough to do it without going against the forum rules. Just look at your profile picture, you know exactly what you are doing.

Dunno about anybody else but it only took me about half an hour to work out the base mechanics when I first picked up the game and less than a  day to have a stone house setup, it isn't a hard game to pick up the basics of.

Who knows, these new Bobs and Janes could be the next alphas, altho that would be impossible for them to do so given if they walk into the game as it is.  Hence the need for a wipe.

Its also funny how the word "troll" is thrown around when somebodies views go against what you believe (not just you alot of people do it) clearly a case of "you don't align with my beliefs so you must clearly be stupid or enjoy winding people up!!!!11"

All anyone have to do is look at two facts.

1. Old players do not generate money.

2. New players generate money.

A wipe is beneficial (at least it looks good) to new players. So a wipe most likely will happen.

Then there is middleways that can happen. But I'm pretty sure that somehow new players will have the choice of playing on clean maps. And if old players leave? Good for WC cause they save money on servers,

2 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Dunno about anybody else but it only took me about half an hour to work out the base mechanics when I first picked up the game and less than a  day to have a stone house setup, it isn't a hard game to pick up the basics of.

Who knows, these new Bobs and Janes could be the next alphas, altho that would be impossible for them to do so given if they walk into the game as it is.  Hence the need for a wipe.

Its also funny how the word "troll" is thrown around when somebodies views go against what you believe (not just you alot of people do it) clearly a case of "you don't align with my beliefs so you must clearly be stupid or enjoy winding people up!!!!11"

I have to agree. Volcano might appear to me to be living in his own version of reality a bit. Just a tiny bit. But he's not a troll. He definitely has an absurd view of people who he doesn't agree with though.

And new players could be the next alphas but only if they actually hit the ground running because that's what the current alphas will be doing. And with or without bases or materials they're still going to have a rather large headstart. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have plans up for when the servers come back online after the release wipe.

9 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

I have to agree. Volcano might appear to me to be living in his own version of reality a bit. Just a tiny bit. But he's not a troll. He definitely has an absurd view of people who he doesn't agree with though.

And new players could be the next alphas but only if they actually hit the ground running because that's what the current alphas will be doing. And with or without bases or materials they're still going to have a rather large headstart. I wouldn't be surprised if they already have plans up for when the servers come back online after the release wipe.

That wouldn't surprise me as I already have plans set about for when the servers reset(if they do) would be silly not too, half the server will be moving with us tho as we all keep in touch despite it being PvP.

In all reality tho I started when the xbox edition came out, my pc wouldn't run it back on its pc release as it wasn't optimized in the slightest, now I tend to play more xbox than pc as thats where most of my friends are, but point being I started relatively late to the game, had no experience but still managed to build a solo base that lasted 3 weeks before being raided by the then alpha, I grouped with some other players who had been raided by them and we wiped them shortly after, they was all from PC and had experience before us but we still managed it.  Funny thing is half of them play with us now, that's one thing I love about this game it can bring people together through hate xD or least it did do back then, now its too toxic to keep the way it is.

Also volcano is a cool guy, he just has the same mentality as me when it comes to this game, can get us into trouble with the masses but usually we do have a point ;)

8 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

That wouldn't surprise me as I already have plans set about for when the servers reset(if they do) would be silly not too, half the server will be moving with us tho as we all keep in touch despite it being PvP.

In all reality tho I started when the xbox edition came out, my pc wouldn't run it back on its pc release as it wasn't optimized in the slightest, now I tend to play more xbox than pc as thats where most of my friends are, but point being I started relatively late to the game, had no experience but still managed to build a solo base that lasted 3 weeks before being raided by the then alpha, I grouped with some other players who had been raided by them and we wiped them shortly after, they was all from PC and had experience before us but we still managed it.  Funny thing is half of them play with us now, that's one thing I love about this game it can bring people together through hate xD or least it did do back then, now its too toxic to keep the way it is.

Also volcano is a cool guy, he just has the same mentality as me when it comes to this game, can get us into trouble with the masses but usually we do have a point ;)

Kind of keeps me wondering since "all" those people with 1000 hours into this game threaten to quit playing all together when a Server reset for the official release is happening. How makes quitting this "awful game made by incompetent devs" have them an edge over the new players? 

On a more serious note: sure all the people that have played throughout early access will be a lot quicker. But the servers will be fresh and it takes a while. You can't establish the same status quo that has been build up over 2 years in a week just because you have done it before. Things have changed over the years and there are new competitors on the doorstep. It is pretty much impossible to forecast what will happen.... things change man, things change. 

By the way, i don't think neither you or Volcano are p!ssing off "the masses". Maybe a few of the handful of people that is using this board, but compared to the numbers of all the buyers (only know the steam numbers) those "masses" are a tiny izzy bizzy smaaaaaaall minority of all the players and couldn't be further away from being "the masses" even if they would try hard enough. ;-) 

14 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

That's one of the many fun things about PvP. It's a game so it's easy to switch from being an enemy to an ally.

I do believe in pretty much the same things too. I want the new players to enjoy the game. I want the toxicity in PvP and PvE to disappear. A fresh start does sound nice and I'm pretty much fine with me losing 99% of what I've built or acquired during my playtime. I admit I'm a little attached to 1% of my dinos and my good ol' shotty. I dislike that others will lose all their stuff though. Most importantly I don't think the wipe is going to have positive results. All the evidence I've seen has made me doubt it.

Jokes aside, I do hope I'm wrong about the wipe. I've got my fingers crossed I'll have egg on my face in August.

What makes you all think WC cares about the player base it already has money from?  Everyone will quit if they wipe .... uhhh OK?  You think this hurts WC, they already have your money.  And then they can consolidate servers and pay less for that.  Trust me they are more worried about players who buy, log in, then get insta-wiped, then refund.

All this talk about wiping servers.  How about a happy middle ground.  Close low pop servers (giving them time to merge into other servers) and then at release opening new servers for new players.  The servers would include new island, the center, se, and rag. While opening a few more rag for old players and any new maps after that it will be fair game.  The first time someone pillars your area or a new alpha wipes someone people will be begging for changes/wipes.  I don't see ruining what people did, but making new servers only allowed for them would be a much better option.  Having all these breeding events prior to a wipe would be crazy.  Causing people to play more during these events and then a few weeks later telling them they are wiping would be a slap in the face.  Just my thoughts

43 minutes ago, Arrclyde said:

Kind of keeps me wondering since "all" those people with 1000 hours into this game threaten to quit playing all together when a Server reset for the official release is happening. How makes quitting this "awful game made by incompetent devs" have them an edge over the new players? 

On a more serious note: sure all the people that have played throughout early access will be a lot quicker. But the servers will be fresh and it takes a while. You can't establish the same status quo that has been build up over 2 years in a week just because you have done it before. Things have changed over the years and there are new competitors on the doorstep. It is pretty much impossible to forecast what will happen.... things change man, things change. 

By the way, i don't think neither you or Volcano are p!ssing off "the masses". Maybe a few of the handful of people that is using this board, but compared to the numbers of all the buyers (only know the steam numbers) those "masses" are a tiny izzy bizzy smaaaaaaall minority of all the players and couldn't be further away from being "the masses" even if they would try hard enough. ;-) 

Can't make out if you have what I said confused for something else or you are agreeing with me... I Couldn't care if people left if they wiped, good riddance to them, never said the devs where incompetent as I actually think they're doing a good job on the whole. I also never said it would be easy for the older players on a reset, it would be a challenge but one i'd welcome.

The masses phrase was aimed at the forums not the general pop of ark, trust me between the two of us we have probably annoyed 90% of the forum based on our views at one point xD all part of the fun tho.

36 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

That's one of the many fun things about PvP. It's a game so it's easy to switch from being an enemy to an ally.

I do believe in pretty much the same things too. I want the new players to enjoy the game. I want the toxicity in PvP and PvE to disappear. A fresh start does sound nice and I'm pretty much fine with me losing 99% of what I've built or acquired during my playtime. I admit I'm a little attached to 1% of my dinos and my good ol' shotty. I dislike that others will lose all their stuff though. Most importantly I don't think the wipe is going to have positive results. All the evidence I've seen has made me doubt it.

Jokes aside, I do hope I'm wrong about the wipe. I've got my fingers crossed I'll have egg on my face in August.

Oh I would miss a number of my dinos, especially my frog and spino but most of all i'd miss my dodo's so much breeding and effort has gone into those little cheeky feathered creatures, I would be sad to see them go.  don't mock me, breeding a dodo is harder than breeding a giga! Believe otherwise and you've never had the horror of watching countless of them die for no reason :(

2 hours ago, ShinDude said:

All anyone have to do is look at two facts.

1. Old players do not generate money.

2. New players generate money.

A wipe is beneficial (at least it looks good) to new players. So a wipe most likely will happen.

Then there is middleways that can happen. But I'm pretty sure that somehow new players will have the choice of playing on clean maps. And if old players leave? Good for WC cause they save money on servers,

The majority of new new money will come from DLC sales and cosmetic microtransactions as the playerbase is almost saturated as is.  Big money will come from the existing players.

2 hours ago, Vrallox said:

I have actually had good conversations with people I disagree with and had very nice wipe discussions with them. My view of certain people is based on how they talk to me. There are some rude and insulting people here.

but yes you are correct I choose to be idealistic and want my version of reality to become the norm.

5 hours ago, Jabroni said:

Even out of all the rude people on here there are only a couple that actually call me a troll and you are one of them. Don't exactly see where you see that. I fully believe in everything I say.

what I am wondering is how do you sit there and say you know what I am thinking even more than I do? 

Just because I know that the wipe will be good for the game does not mean I am a troll. I k ow it has to suck for some people when the wipe comes but once again like I always say, people have to start thinking about other people and not themselves 

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived