Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

7 minutes ago, McTayTay said:

So, you think all servers should get wiped just because a few bigger tribes dupe? Yeah sounds about right. Screw the people that have 100+ hours on the game and forget those that started out brand new on pvp servers and managed to get bigger over time without getting harassed by alpha tribes. As long as you get what YOU want and not what somebody else wants, after all this has ONLY been an issue since first release. Don't like how official servers are? Go to dedicated, it's an option for a reason.

Its what everyone wants weirdly

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, McTayTay said:

So, you think all servers should get wiped just because a few bigger tribes dupe? Yeah sounds about right. Screw the people that have 100+ hours on the game and forget those that started out brand new on pvp servers and managed to get bigger over time without getting harassed by alpha tribes. As long as you get what YOU want and not what somebody else wants, after all this has ONLY been an issue since first release. Don't like how official servers are? Go to dedicated, it's an option for a reason.

you wont be saying that once they come to our server and wipe it clean anyways sooo...  WC needs to disable item transfers and figure out a solution or simply disable them for good. the wipe is needed because there is many many duped items floating around, theres also BP's from fishing that people are uploading constantly to he ark and redownloading to keep their epic OP stats. those duped items may not be affecting you now, but they will. theres also the insanely OP rexes etc floating around still from the upload glitch recently (around the flyer nerf). they need to go. theres also servers and servers of flith just lying around never to be cleared, cluttering up server performance. so theres just a few reasons its needed, im sure there are more. 

5 minutes ago, Xeno1987 said:

Ban every player who tries to form a alpha tribe.

There is no such action as "forming alpha tribe".  It is just the strongest tribe on a server - so how would you ban people become the strongest?

Ban people of the currentlystrongest tribe on every server on weekly basis until the server getting empty? Because you will always find a top tribe on every server. If you destroy it, the next naturally becomes the strongest... so you need to banthem.. then the 3rd one becomes the strongest etc etc

5 hours ago, GP said:

Thanks for pointing out the difference between Wildcard's stance 1 year ago and a recent interview with Ced for 100th time already. Things change people, as lot can change in 1 year. Yes it may have been their final word 1 year ago, doesn't mean its final forever and ever and ever, it was just final at that time.

People tend to take the word final as you know..... final 1 year didn't change the definition of the word

2 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

If they wipe, they will announce it a week to 3 days before release(as per their habit of announcing a bad news 3 days before to 2 days after it's done).

I think you are right, that they will give the bad news close to the release date do minimize the number of players who leave. They will probably give a one week 1,5-2,0 release boost on experience, farming etc. to get players to start over right away. We'll see how that will play out.

I would just like to now what's going to happen.

Best thing to do right now I think is do make a ARK bucket list with thinks you'd like to have done in the game.

I planed to put everything on hold until they tell us if there will be a wipe. But than I realized, there is a good chance, that I won't get to this point in the game again. Maybe because we won't play again, maybe because we just won't manage to get this far. So I'll try to do some fun stuff in the next 6 weeks.

I always wanted to raise a boss Rex with 100 % imprint and yesterday i finished imprinting 15,5k/530%-rex-twins. Next thing we want to do is to finish a boss. That way at the end we could at least say we managed to get to tek :-)

Maybe that's the best way to handle the situation. An least until we know what is going to go down.

3 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

People tend to take the word final as you know..... final 1 year didn't change the definition of the word

Apologists are everywhere and you cant win, if the devs say they will support the game once its released and you look for some kind of confirmation or guarantee of that they will complain your harassing them for info they have already released and confirmed, yet if you accept them at their word and they do a total 180 then thats just supposed to be accepted because you didnt get it triple confirmed with a cherry on top and anyway they had their fingers crossed behind their back the whole time. 

1 hour ago, Chadstacca said:

here is the great response again, "dont like offical, go to dedicated"

why? why should players who like to play PVP Ark by the rules leave to go PVE or Dedicated because cheats dont like being questioned or Alphas dont like being told the truth!

Ok why should every player who has played within the rules formed a big tribe without duping spent 100s of hour playing and breeding to get all the right stats get wiped because your upset.

57 minutes ago, Xeno1987 said:

When every country in the world has 90% tax then the rich have no chance and this will come in the next 5 years. Every country which does not want to will be nuked. As for the server, they can leave there are enough people who plays.

Ok not sure where your going with this one, but OK each to their own

1 minute ago, Bulldogfrag said:

Ok why should every player who has played within the rules formed a big tribe without duping spent 100s of hour playing and breeding to get all the right stats get wiped because your upset.

Same reason us players in smaller tribes who've spent 100s hr playing and breeding get punished with 30hr rolls backs! because of cheats.

But im not saying you or me deserve to loss 100s hrs of work, all im saying is cheats or aggressive alpha dont like being called out for cheating or bulling and their standard reply is " go play PVE or un-official"

Should someone at wild card have said it was their "final word" on the matter? Of course not. Never say never. The ability to change our stance/opinion as we experience new things and take in new information is something I view as being a necessary part of being a free thinking person. The vast majority of us change our minds/opinion/stance regularly. Compare what you thought and how you were 10 years ago to you now.

31 minutes ago, Typh0n90 said:

Should someone at wild card have said it was their "final word" on the matter? Of course not. Never say never. The ability to change our stance/opinion as we experience new things and take in new information is something I view as being a necessary part of being a free thinking person. The vast majority of us change our minds/opinion/stance regularly. Compare what you thought and how you were 10 years ago to you now.

I have looked back on posts I made years ago, and was surprised at how intelligent I was back then.

7 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Definition of liar

a person who tells lies has a reputation as a liar

Definition of lie

to create a false or misleading impression Statistics sometimes lie. The mirror neverlies.

Notice it doesn't say "to intentionally create a false or misleading impression"

What happened with Wildcard and whether or not you actually like onions is quite different. You just compared a promise with a preference. That makes absolutely no sense when you think about it. :D

"I, ___, take thee, ___, to be my wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith [or] pledge myself to you." compared to "I like apples."

Okay. This thread's kind of amusing too.

And that wedding vow is actually pretty good. A wedding vow is a promise and a statement. "This is our official statement and final word on the matter."

"I am a man of my word!"

"Aren't you cheating on your wife?"

Ok well fine, if you want to go that route I won't argue with you. But at the same time every single person in this word is a liar because once you have told a lie then you are a liar and at some point everyone has lied. 

Now that we have established that everybody is a liar, we now need to look at intent, which a year ago I think the intent was pure. Still goes back to things change.

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived