Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

16 minutes ago, Paneross said:

Just make new non transferable servers so the 50 pro wipers can play there. Sorry, all 75 of them.

Sorry to burst your bubble friend, but I have more than that in my tribe that want a wipe.  I also have close to that much who don't want a wipe.  Personally I don't care for what happens and what doesn't happen.  I will still be playing regardless.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me wipe is a good and bad thing..
+ fresh start with better plans, better knowing the game, "empty" server for newbies who dont dare to try EA
- loss of cca 800 good breeded dinos with mutations etc (350lvl rexes, 300+ ankys thylas, morellas, thornys, allos, bears, etc) so.. a lot of "wasted" time,.. I might get sad if they wipe :| 

1 hour ago, Paneross said:

Proof that there's less pro-wipers than anti-wiper =

Didn't they take down all the OFFICIAL extinction servers? Hmmmmmmm if they were so popular they would have kept them up.

#winning.

not even close to a legitimate argument

1. extinction servers tanked when they made them PGM 

2. a 1 time official release wipe isn't comparable to a monthly wipe

There is about a 50/50 pro or anti anyway now. There is a pretty good split on who wants it and who doesn't. 

Go look at the wipe threads a year ago, the pro wipe was actually the minority and I can admit that. 

It's a lot different in this thread. I easily see a 50/50. If not more pro wipe people now. The group has grown in the last year

I read back a few pages and noticed that some are suggesting a new cluster rather then a wipe. I imagine that the issue with that would be that it would split the playerbase. It wouldn't just be old players on the ea servers and new players on the new cluster. I understand the idea of new servers and keeping them separated from the ea servers however looking back to when new servers were still being made available, pre transfer, myself and many others still flocked to the new servers. I and other players that I know completely abandoned the servers that we were playing on to start again with level 1 characters and no gear/tames. 

Given the chance I would assume that some would do the same again. That only covers the initial split in the player base. When a tribe/player has an experience that they do not like on an ea server I would hazard a guess and say that there's an excellent chance that they will also move to a server on the new cluster. Why rebuild on a server with tribes that are more likely to have higher leveled tames and more fortified bases when you can try your luck against tribes/players who have had a much shorter amount of time to build and grow. 

The alpha that has had over a year to grow or the alpha that has only had a month? 

There are other reasons players may decide to move to the new cluster but ultimately it still splits the playerbase even further.

9 minutes ago, Typh0n90 said:

I read back a few pages and noticed that some are suggesting a new cluster rather then a wipe. I imagine that the issue with that would be that it would split the playerbase. It wouldn't just be old players on the ea servers and new players on the new cluster. I understand the idea of new servers and keeping them separated from the ea servers however looking back to when new servers were still being made available, pre transfer, myself and many others still flocked to the new servers. I and other players that I know completely abandoned the servers that we were playing on to start again with level 1 characters and no gear/tames. 

Given the chance I would assume that some would do the same again. That only covers the initial split in the player base. When a tribe/player has an experience that they do not like on an ea server I would hazard a guess and say that there's an excellent chance that they will also move to a server on the new cluster. Why rebuild on a server with tribes that are more likely to have higher leveled tames and more fortified bases when you can try your luck against tribes/players who have had a much shorter amount of time to build and grow. 

The alpha that has had over a year to grow or the alpha that has only had a month? 

There are other reasons players may decide to move to the new cluster but ultimately it still splits the playerbase even further.

I would split it even further. Old players don't need to be tainting the new servers. If they want to keep their stuff they can stay off the new servers

59 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

There is about a 50/50 pro or anti anyway now. There is a pretty good split on who wants it and who doesn't. 

Go look at the wipe threads a year ago, the pro wipe was actually the minority and I can admit that. 

It's a lot different in this thread. I easily see a 50/50. If not more pro wipe people now. The group has grown in the last year

The difference between the 2 groups however is that the PRO wipe players actually think about the overall health of the game while the ANTI wipe players only think of themselves and what efforts they put into a game. (i hear hard work alot but jezes guys this is a game, if its sooo hard on you you probably shouldnt play it.) Almost all of their arguements are Me Me Me I I I. And on top of that its almost always pve players because apparantly they are so frightened of losing anything.

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

Now go ask everyone on PvE servers who dont participate on the forums. The number will more like 70-30 in antiwipes favor.

18 minutes ago, BobRoss said:

The difference between the 2 groups however is that the PRO wipe players actually think about the overall health of the game while the ANTI wipe players only think of themselves and what efforts they put into a game. (i hear hard work alot but jezes guys this is a game, if its sooo hard on you you probably shouldnt play it.) Almost all of their arguements are Me Me Me I I I. And on top of that its almost always pve players because apparantly they are so frightened of losing anything.

Yes I have noticed that as well.

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

There is about a 50/50 pro or anti anyway now.

Is that because your counting every response you post as a pro wipe post ? I dont see a problem in people posting how it effects them, its a personal opinion, better a  honest personal opinion than a self elected mouthpiece responding for a supposed group of people.

4 minutes ago, WindsweptDragon said:

Is that because your counting every response you post as a pro wipe post ? I dont see a problem in people posting how it effects them, its a personal opinion, better a  honest personal opinion than a self elected mouthpiece responding for a supposed group of people.

Yes and here come the insults. It seems like every anti nerf person that comes in here has to ruin the thread and make it toxic. 

I am not sure why you feel like you need to insult people. I am sorry for whatever is going on in your life but I did not cause it so please stay respectful 

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Yes and here come the insults. It seems like every anti nerf person that comes in here has to ruin the thread and make it toxic. 

I am not sure why you feel like you need to insult people. I am sorry for whatever is going on in your life but I did not cause it so please stay respectful 

I was talking in general, but if you want to grab that "self elected mouthpiece" cap and wear it, thats your choice. 

58 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Ok fair enough. So if you average it out it comes out to about 60-40. Atleast tell me you have seen the numbers rise from a year ago?

omg the average of 2 made up numbers :D

i actually did some questioning on pve servers and the real ratio lies on 20 to 1 for no wipe.

we got 4 new players in our server in the last few days and we all help them out with materials, dino, kibble and information on taming etc. they admit they love our server due to the help of the elders. we got a friendly atmosphere going in our server. wipe in pve makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

omg the average of 2 made up numbers :D

i actually did some questioning on pve servers and the real ratio lies on 20 to 1 for no wipe.

we got 4 new players in our server in the last few days and we all help them out with materials, dino, kibble and information on taming etc. they admit they love our server due to the help of the elders. we got a friendly atmosphere going in our server. wipe in pve makes no sense.

And I've popped in and out of 5 servers and asked about wipes PvE servers. 39 no wipe, to 3 pro-wipe.

13 minutes ago, BertNoobians said:

omg the average of 2 made up numbers

Well luckily it is the devs decision. The good thing about them deciding is they care about the game and the greater good of the game. It's very hard to trust someone that only has their own personal interests. Kind of like how bob Ross said it.

4 minutes ago, Paneross said:

And I've popped in and out of 5 severs and asked about wipes PvE servers. 39 no wipe, to 3 pro-wipe.

And it is good the devs don't concern themselves with what only one group of people want. They take everything into account.

So... basically their reason for not letting us know if there will be wipe is to hold on to the playerbase until release? After the release date was set and all this "hush hush wipe wipe" stuff spread like wildfire.. I'm only logging on to feed my dinos and make sure my base is still there until i know the status of a wipe and I dout I'm the only person doing this..so at least give us pve players some official statement

On June 18, 2017 at 6:29 AM, bonk said:

Or anyone with a substantial time investment? You must be an actual child, the type that takes the ball home when others don't play the way he likes

WAAAAHHH lol looks like i hit the nail on the head with you no-lifers. Crows too. Youre a filthy hypocrite if you would quit forever after a wipe, period. Because you dont get that big without wiping your fair share of bases, probably many noobhuts and i guarantee you told any of them who called you out on your cowardice to "go play pve lolol" Isn't quitting a game forever because you have to start over childish and ignorant? lolol 4chan

9 minutes ago, Ian990 said:

So... basically their reason for not letting us know if there will be wipe is to hold on to the playerbase until release? After the release date was set and all this "hush hush wipe wipe" stuff spread like wildfire.. I'm only logging on to feed my dinos and make sure my base is still there until i know the status of a wipe and I dout I'm the only person doing this..so at least give us pve players some official statement

Well keeping up the playerbase is good for business. You kind of gotta look at if from a business stand point.

yeah if I were you I would still keep your base. It will give you something to do until the release. If you are on console then ragnarok will be completely by soon

11 hours ago, Critter said:

Whether there is or isn't, for that reason or not, I hope dupers all get banned. 

Back when it was more possible, after Chem B was crushed they released some instructional videos on how to dupe in the hope that if enough people did it they could force WC hand and wipe everyone especially the people that wiped Chemical B, Spartans ?

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived