Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lucifina said:

DLC shouldn't be in an unreleased game... Its not a tired argument its a fact/truth

Who's fact and who's truth? Maybe its a bad idea. But it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just because your interpretation is, " well I paid money...twice..so it has to be released and a finished product" does not mean its right.

You dont think you should pay for dlc in a beta/ea game? Then you shouldn't have. But it doesn't mean its finishes because it was offered.

12 minutes ago, CriD said:

Who's fact and who's truth? Maybe its a bad idea. But it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just because your interpretation is, " well I paid money...twice..so it has to be released and a finished product" does not mean its right.

You dont think you should pay for dlc in a beta/ea game? Then you shouldn't have. But it doesn't mean its finishes because it was offered.

DLC is an add on for a finished game I don't see how you get around that? and that is what I am saying is a fact/truth. By releasing DLC they were in essence saying the base game is completed we will still be working on it adding stuff etc. but this DLC is the next step in the game... just like the next two DLCs that they release will be the next steps in the game then. I haven't ever experienced a "non" finished game releasing DLC of course that doesn't mean it can't/didn't happen it just means that is how most people I know (of course not everyone) understand DLC.

You are exactly right in that it is a personal choice to buy the DLC regardless.

7 hours ago, Painted said:

I hate to agree with Gp, dude seems like an a**, but all they say in the video is that it's undecided...so a sticky for an official answer of "undecided" seems stupid.

Lol people read into every little tidbit, they hear "No" "never" "no wipe" "no wipe final decision" all from the head honcho, then when one offsider say "undecided" they lose their minds.  I guess when you are so butthurt about being wiped a few of the extra salty ones will hold onto the hope for a wipe until the death of the game and still call it a victory then.

6 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Lol people read into every little tidbit, they hear "No" "never" "no wipe" "no wipe final decision" all from the head honcho, then when one offsider say "undecided" they lose their minds.  I guess when you are so butthurt about being wiped a few of the extra salty ones will hold onto the hope for a wipe until the death of the game and still call it a victory then.

The offsider you speak of was representing WildCard at E3, the premier professional convention for the Video Game industry. As such he speaks for the company. His saying it is undecided at this point reflects the company's current stance on the game.

Just now, catnip said:

The offsider you speak of was representing WildCard at E3, the premier professional convention for the Video Game industry. As such he speaks for the company. His saying it is undecided at this point reflects the company's current stance on the game.

He also said he didn't really know but was offering his own opinion.

48 minutes ago, Sharingan said:

So I've heard when the game drops official servers will be reset could someone please explain as I am freaking de fook out 

Ark is love 

Ark is life 

Lol, dont listen to their scare mongering, its just a handful of salty players saying that, the lead dev has said many times that there won't be a wipe and thats what people should be going on.

4 hours ago, Meowsaurus said:

Sorry to break it to you but the whole world Arent filled with mirrors of you. No one really cares that you think there's too many players for your taste, and I bet WC would rather have more players than few players.

Go restart from scratch multiple times not using trade forum and do all the bosses on hard mode solo. Please then go tell me you want a wipe.

I am pretty sure some people care. 

And been there done that.

4 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

+1, these hypocrites whine and cry about losing so much, as if they haven't done it to other people hundreds of times. Often its wyverns wiping stone hut tribes with raptors and pteras too. Good riddance

And that other guy said that nobody cared what I thought. Well thank you for being like minded

4 hours ago, Lucifina said:

That's absolutely correct "don't read the review"? I find that questionable. I travel a lot I almost always stay at a particular brand of hotel (for those reward points) but I read the review about the hotel before I ever book a room heck it could be a dump and I've been saved several times by bad reviews that I read so I stayed elsewhere. IMO most read reviews and at a minimum are aware of a games reputation.

I have a time share so even in that category I don't use reviews. But hey I guess some people could read reviews 

1 hour ago, Sharingan said:

So I've heard when the game drops official servers will be reset could someone please explain as I am freaking de fook out 

Ark is love 

Ark is life 

Probably karma for being mean to the guy in ark digest. 

Everybody has their opinions but there is not an answer yet. There will be an answer soon though so sit tight it's coming 

The fact that the Studio leaves us hanging with its decision only to prevent the impending poopstorm right before launch if it really pulls this thing off is, I think, one of the major problems.

Most people (well - at least I do) dont know whether to play or not to. If I knew there would be a wipe, I'd certainly be upset and stop playing. No point for me in taming or building or even cooking one silly kibble if I knew in 2 months everything is gone. But the very situation with WC holding back it's final decision makes it clear to me that they already decided to wipe and keep this information to themselfes only to prevent a massive outrage on forums where all the dirty laundry will be dug up and thrown in their face.

Not only that it intentionally betrayed its playerbase by taking away what they paid up to 50 bugs for, but there would be no communication with the studio, tickets unattented to, no server supervising, no customer support whatsoever, no cheating and exploit protextion.

ALL THESE THINGS will flood the forums whether they are true or not only to harm the game.

It's up to wildcard whether they risk their game demolished by

1. angry EA-Players who got stripped off their efford,

2. angry new Players who (apparentelly) don't find a place to build (its a cute reason - and the only one imh - for people who demand a wipe)

or

simply stop swirling around, put new servers online and everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - is happy.

Last will cost money.

The first two will cost a lot more.

On 6/17/2017 at 6:49 AM, CaptoBraunch said:

The only people who would actually quit ARK forever after a server wipe are the spoiled manchildren who buy wyverns and gigas with real money.

False. We've never bought anything in-game with real money and we've never even bought a wyvern, golem nor a Giga for in-game currency, yet we have plenty of them and yes, we'd quit if the servers were wiped.

Im against them releasing more isolated clusters,  transfers are a good major part of the game and it makes the game a million times better with them enabled. Any new servers should just be opened up to everyone from day one. It doesn't matter if a mega tribe comes on there and takes over with all their dinos,  because if they wanted the server they could have it even if they had to start at lvl 1. 

There is no need of a wipe,  new players will have people ahead of them even if it's a full wipe. The new player will be getting spat on by dilos while the old alpha tribe is meeting back up on their old spot and power leveling. By the time a new player finaly gets a ptera and explores the map there will be mega bases with Gigas anyway.

Ark of on a good place we all got good stats and mutations,  nice bps etc all a wipe will do is set us back a few months. And no one needs that. Back to hours of fishing and running swamp cave and grinding wood lol hours of taming and breeding and trading just to get back to where we are now. And then people will call for a wipe again 

On 6/16/2017 at 11:49 PM, CaptoBraunch said:

The only people who would actually quit ARK forever after a server wipe are the spoiled manchildren who buy wyverns and gigas with real money.

Or anyone with a substantial time investment? You must be an actual child, the type that takes the ball home when others don't play the way he likes

i just feel many people hope a wipe to be some huge equalizer so they can finally have a "fair" competition with others,

but thats never gonna happen there will always be that guy/tribe that has broken op dinos/equip after a week or so, imho they tried the "wipe thing" with extinction servers and most players didnt appreciate it,

On 6/16/2017 at 0:06 PM, Crows said:

Wiping the servers just for new players to feel more at home and to give them an easy time would be betrayal to the veterans and loyal players who've spent months, if not years building their bases, taming, breeding and collecting all various kinds of loot, and me and my tribe would instantly quit for good without any hesitation.

Simple solution:

• New servers which have transfers disabled for the first few months which can have an obvious title in the server list, such as "[NEW PLAYERS] OfficialServer"

These new servers can possibly have increased rates for Taming, Gathering, Mating, Maturing and XP by 2.0 like in the recent anniversary event for the first few months just so that new players can sort of catch up. Once the server goes back to "normal" maybe limit the amount of dinos and items that can be transferred, so that old players don't take advantage of the increased rates and play there only to dominate, build up tons of resources and tames then transfer back to their original servers. 

It seems like mostly every player who's in favour of server wipes, have been wiped on a PvP server so they're still secretly salty about it and just want to watch the world burn.

So i have not played ark since June last year. I comeback and i find my server I play on is gone. So I go to a Primitive plus server EU 18 PVP and within 10 hours of playing the Alpha Tribe had to kill and destroy everything I had with metal weapons and Armor and their level 260 Dinos. So if I was new to the game and just paid for it. Than go and try and play and get wiped left and right by a 1 or 2 year old tribe. I would be mad as hell and want my money back. I myself told them to enjoy the dead server of 15 people as long as they can because low pop servers will be wiped. In Albion online they wiped their test around 5 times.

32 minutes ago, Thul said:

So i have not played ark since June last year. I comeback and i find my server I play on is gone. So I go to a Primitive plus server EU 18 PVP and within 10 hours of playing the Alpha Tribe had to kill and destroy everything I had with metal weapons and Armor and their level 260 Dinos. So if I was new to the game and just paid for it. Than go and try and play and get wiped left and right by a 1 or 2 year old tribe. I would be mad as hell and want my money back. I myself told them to enjoy the dead server of 15 people as long as they can because low pop servers will be wiped. In Albion online they wiped their test around 5 times.

Exactly, this is why there should be NEW official servers that aren't allowed transfers of dinos or items in or out, and when new players get the hang of it and want to actually play on a cluster official, they'd be allowed to transfer their character only, just like how things currently are where an experienced player can transfer to another server and they're either met with hostility or manage to fit in. It isn't easy simply fitting into a server of course, especially one where the alpha alliance have a "Red is Dead" rule, but it is possible when one's persistent enough and doesn't give up or even manages to get into one of the tribes.

They WILL wipe all the servers every single one. So day goodbye to your dinosaur and bases you spent years on. Those who say you been ripped off... no your money for you 2 years worth of game play.  Suck it up stop crying like spoilt brat's.  A whiperfect WILL happen why do you think they have not said anything.

If a meteor was to hit earth the leaders wouldn't tell people till the last minute to stop people panicking and rioting. Same situation here.

A wipe WILL HAPPEN! He even said it himself at E3!

A fresh new release new start new ARK. Don't like it go play somewhere else. If your a true ARK fan and if your good at the game you won't mind a wipe and will get powerful again... 

I bet most people suck at the game and are scared of nor being alpha again lol

Suck it up. A wipe will happen. WILL HAPPEN!

1 hour ago, Crows said:

Exactly, this is why there should be NEW official servers that aren't allowed transfers of dinos or items in or out, and when new players get the hang of it and want to actually play on a cluster official, they'd be allowed to transfer their character only, just like how things currently are where an experienced player can transfer to another server and they're either met with hostility or manage to fit in. It isn't easy simply fitting into a server of course, especially one where the alpha alliance have a "Red is Dead" rule, but it is possible when one's persistent enough and doesn't give up or even manages to get into one of the tribes.

Even if they did make new servers with transfers disabled, how long would they be disabled for? 3 months 6 months it's still not enough time for a tribe to build up strong enough to defend against a mega tribe when the transfers are finally enabled. And these noob servers will be prime targets for megas and trolls alike when the protection goes down. 

Bottom line is closed servers make people quit when they get wiped, transfers alow them to stay playing the game and move server.  You don't want all the new players joining new non transfer servers and then getting wiped and finding their characters stuck on a hostile server. 

Ark is survival of the strong, we all had to build up with stronger tribes ahead of us, now they are wiped and we are the strong tribes it's part of the game,  why should it be different for the new players. 

We would lose more new players from a total wipe because With no strong tribes after a total wipe it will be chaos as there is no leadership on the server,  you think the trolls are bad now? The experienced trolls will run riot wiping everyone who can't rush turrets and metal (ie everyone except the experienced players in big tribes) new players will quit before they learn the game everyone they meet will put them in a cage for hours and no one will let them build. Most alphas will only wipe someone when there getting too big but a recovering alpha after a wipe will demo every wood hut until they have fully rebuilt. 

See there you go. You actually made sense. I like how you said you won't build anymore until release. That is why they are waiting till very close to the release to give an official decision. If they tell people they will wipe right now then people won't be able to have fun and just not okay until aug 8th.

if I were you I would copy this comment and put it into the server wipe thread that will be right below this one. They currently only want one wipe thread so this one my get deleted. If they merge it don't worry because your comment can still be heard though.

to recap, no official decision has been made

• GP locked this topic
  • Joebl0w13 unlocked this topic

Archived