Xbox Server Options

Jatheish

6 hours ago, Damin said:

XBOX 1

*Offline Raid Prevention Timer actually work when you adjust the timer on PVP.  

*PGM maps crashing everytime you load one. Takes 3 trys at 15 each to get it to load

*Have the option to go back to previous save points just incase the last save point failed to save correctly

*DestroyWildDinos command Still continues to CRASH the server after TODAYS update.   The moment Dinos start to spawn back is when then server crashes.  Server has been reset 3 times since last update.  I have tried it on a different map and it still crashes it.  I have also deleted ARK and reinstalled it with the same results. 

*On the Server host xbox dashboard AKA the Black Screen that shows players in the game and who is your admins.   The in game names can be so long that the text start to overshadow xbox gamertags so you cant see the ingame name, their level or the gamertag. I would suggest moving over each calm so the text field does not go into another text field.

*Default name HOMo Sapien.  You can not use admin command CHeat Renameplayer HOMo because xbox things homo is a bad name and will not allow it to enter chat field.  You will have to change the default name.  What you should do is get rid of the option to use a default name and make the player enter a name before creating a character. I hate have 20+ people on my server with the same name. 

*On host xbox dashboard have the ability to type in admin commands for example  Cheat destroywild dinos from the server host xbox instead of having to log into another console to do a dinowipe.  

*On host xbox have the ability to restrict powers to admins.  Some admins i only want them to be able to teleport, dinowipes and look at spectator modes but would love to be able to NOT allow them to spawn in items.  For some reason every ADMIN likes to spawn in assendant poop and get raided by someone on the map giving an advantange when i could have restricted them from spawning in items.

*Fix the   TeleportPlayerToME command to I can actually teleport problem people to locations that are needed to be making things faster.

*Change the DestroyWildDinos command to NOT KILL PASSED OUT TAMES. cause we all know there is idiots on the game that only complain after you do a dinowipe even if you posted it hundreds of times in the chat.

*ALLOW  PVP structure and Dino decay to happen.  

Found the issue with DestroyWildDinos Not working.    The new feature where you can select how many dinos spawn on the server.  When its set to max 1 and do destroywilddinos, when they start to spawn back in is when it crashes the server everytime. So what i did was launched my server.  Did destroywilddinos. as soon as it worked i pulled the server down.  When i went to reload it back up i changed it from 1 max down to .55 and relaunched the server.  Now the dinos are no longer frozen and the command destroywilddinos work correctly with them respawning.    

UPDATE:  After running the server for an hour.  Just happend to use infinitestats when i did that i noticed my dino stats when crazy.  Also when i did that all wild dinos quite moving. I can walk up and knock out any dino i want with my fist without it trying to fight back.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Damin said:

Found the issue with DestroyWildDinos Not working.    The new feature where you can select how many dinos spawn on the server.  When its set to max 1 and do destroywilddinos, when they start to spawn back in is when it crashes the server everytime. So what i did was launched my server.  Did destroywilddinos. as soon as it worked i pulled the server down.  When i went to reload it back up i changed it from 1 max down to .55 and relaunched the server.  Now the dinos are no longer frozen and the command destroywilddinos work correctly with them respawning.    

UPDATE:  After running the server for an hour.  Just happend to use infinitestats when i did that i noticed my dino stats when crazy.  Also when i did that all wild dinos quite moving. I can walk up and knock out any dino i want with my fist without it trying to fight back.  

My server has dinos frozen as well. Nothing fixed it as dw crashes server. Dino max at .7

On 7/4/2017 at 4:27 PM, mleii said:

I haven't looked lately to see if any of these have been fixed, but this is a list of bugs and feature requests I shared with @Jat and some other server admins.

Known issues

Server Config

• Missing choice for setting as no tame
  • Setting the ORP timer does nothing.  It stays at 0 seconds no matter what it is set to
  • Setting the tribe limit is not applied
  • Server config is shared among all accounts on the Xbox
  • Server saves are shared among all accounts on the Xbox - this has it’s plusses but a lot of minuses
  • Server saves appear to not be saved in the normal per account settings which mean that the server save is not saved to the cloud
  • Servers cannot be backed up
  • Server saves can get into a corrupted state - a save should always validate after it’s done saving and replace the old save.  It appears to just write over the old save first.

Server Admin UI

• Cannot scroll any of the UI on the screen - consider allow user to focus scrollable UI and scroll with the left joystick

Admin UI/Commands

• Banning user crashes Xbox dedicated server - not certain on this, might be when banned user joins that it crashes the server.
  • Destroying dinos on the server using the command DestroyTribeDinos destroys rafts as well
  • DoExit does not shut down the server on Xbox console

Server List UI

• Cannot cancel search, button is there but you cannot use it
  • Getting to the Server filter and the password checkbox is difficult
  • Game crashes when you exit while it’s searching
  • If you exit the server list and quickly go back to it the game crashes.
  • Server doesn’t show up in server list, at least it rarely does for me.

Player issues with server settings

• When engrams removed from the server the user interaction when choosing engrams is very laggy and bad
  • Engram removal should not block engrams that require them -

Feature requests

Server Config

• Checkbox to allow servers to be able to be configured as no flyer servers
  • Dino exclusion UI
  • Configurable drops
  • Only friends of the server can join, friends of friends cannot
    • Whitelist of who can join

Server Admin UI

• Be able to run admin commands from the server UI

Admin UI/Commands

• Give admins a command for getting the callstack of the last crash
  • Destroy Wild Dinos for wilds EXCEPT for dinso in the process of taming
  • Get list of players on server, playing or not
  • Get tribe list
  • Get tribe structures counts
  • Get tribe dinos counts
  • Teleport players, playing or not
  • Delete user data from server
  • Delete tribe data from server

Server List UI

• Be able to filter down to map Center vs Island maps
  • Give users an option to allow them to book mark a dedicated server and to save the password if it has a password

I'll just drop this here to be safe.

- an option to turn on pvp structure decay on dedi's  

- teleportplayertome doesnt work 

- would like a destroy connected structures option for dedi admins ( currently we can wipe the whole tribe or only do one piece at a time)

-an option to allow foundations to be extended further on rafts ( kinda like it was b4 the recent nerf to rafts)

- the new hiwarp command doesnt work on xbox

- ability to scroll and have more functionality in the xbox admin manager

To be able to remove the bloom quality from the settings like the option to add or remove the motion blur which also needs a fix as it has to be replied every time I load my single player.The bloom quality is a problem for me as the glare you get from everything is just ridiculously bright and unnecessary  it was always the first admin command I used to remove it as it makes the game so much better to look at without having that ugly glare off every surface so having the opinion to turn it off in the settings would be great as you can't use the command to remove now or put the command back in 

Transferring objects is real buggy when you put stuff in it disappears then reappears if you scroll through the tabs when you go to take it back out after grabbing some of it it disappears again having to scroll tabs to get it to reapear also while your pulling stacks they appear in your inventory but seem to remain in the ob until you back out for a min our scroll tabs then it shows the correct number 

Cool, glad to see some folks adding additional server config options info.  Someone sent me this and asked me to add it here, haven't looked at the latest version to see if it's still there though. 

Better explanation for what the "Temp" slider for stats is. It just says "Affects Temp per level" - we don't level "Temp" so no idea what that means.

Different from Temp Fort, which dinos also don't have.

Along the same lines there are several settings that we got tool tips for, but need a bit more explanation as to how they work.  For example the dino count slider, I understand that setting it lower means fewer, higher means more, but really how many more, how many less, etc?  We shouldn't need to guess on these settings to figure it out.

Not sure if this was brought up but on official PVE you basically have an option to lock everything(and is locked by default) but on PVE player dedicated servers you cannot lock preserving bins, refrigerators, smithies, fabricators, chem bench, etc and every other storage is unlocked by default. The only option to lock it is by adding a pin code, there is no "lock" option on anything just pin code. I have no idea if this is intended or some sort of bug or setting I don't understand. I just know I would really like the option to lock all my stuff.

I love these opportunities to help improve the game, thanks! 

First, PGA's for Xbox really need some tlc! lol I used to love making maps but now I can't make any at all. Even with this new update it's just stuck at 3% and never actually creates the map. Also having some sort of tool tip for those setting would be AWESOME! 

It would be really great to have some sort of slider for spawn/Dino difficulty. Like one side be alpha and the other be herbivore. The alpha side making more carnivores and alpha spawns the other making the map easier, spawn-wise. 

A slider to make average dino spawns higher. Having level 150 dinos is good enough for me but a way to make more dinos spawn at higher levels and have less spawn at low levels. And having a slider could work the opposite way too. 

Having tree/rock density option (like with PGM's) would be nice. To me the jungles and forests' rock and tree density are too high. Makes walking aound the map with dinos more annoying than it needs to be. 

Since bloom quality and ground clutter have been removed having server option for them would be cool. 

I know this is prob asking WAY too much lol but having (for console single player at least) a way to control what dinos spawn in game... sort of like a check list like the engrams option. Cuz honestly I don't need parasuars, phiomias, dimorphs etc. being able to turn them off and having their "weight" in spawns just be re calculated for other dinos would be so great! 

Thanks for reaching out to us about stuff like this. You guys are awesome

It would be nice to create a player dedicated cluster.

Id love to have tribute uploads and downloads on because we have enough spare xboxs for all 4 maps plus the 2 new ones after ragnarok. the problem is that as of right now, allowing downloads allows downloads from anywhere enabling people to create crazy leveled dinos in a single player server and port them in.

if we could have a way to link servers and form a closed cluster that would be great and allow for controlled uploads and downloads in a single ecosystem.

maybe something like adding server numbers and some sort of authentication? only allow transfers between player dedicated server 779 and player dedicated server 856. basically a white list for server to server transfers for player dedicated servers.

then theres the obligatory check box for flyer movement speed and a checklist of all dinos like the engram list that allows hosts to remove certain dinos from the server (looking at you microraptors and pegomastaxs....)

1 minute ago, MUSTARD said:

It would be nice to create a player dedicated cluster.

Id love to have tribute uploads and downloads on because we have enough spare xboxs for all 4 maps plus the 2 new ones after ragnarok. the problem is that as of right now, allowing downloads allows downloads from anywhere enabling people to create crazy leveled dinos in a single player server and port them in.

if we could have a way to link servers and form a closed cluster that would be great and allow for controlled uploads and downloads in a single ecosystem.

maybe something like adding server numbers and some sort of authentication? only allow transfers between player dedicated server 779 and player dedicated server 856. basically a white list for server to server transfers for player dedicated servers.

then theres the obligatory check box for flyer movement speed and a checklist of all dinos like the engram list that allows hosts to remove certain dinos from the server (looking at you microraptors and pegomastaxs....)

Would love to be able to do a cluster of dedicated servers on Xbox too.  

Server 156 official is nothing right now but lag  and crashing to the home screen a lot. I thought this was part to be fixed with this update but it still does the same thing.  My Dino appear and disappear at times as well. The plants still don't work as the turrets finally started to work again.  Fuel in gens burn faster as well as the Dino go through food faster as well. Please fix this issue as soon as you can.  

10 hours ago, DebzyzZz said:

Xbox dedicated server settings. 

• X5 loot quality doesn't seem to make a difference 
  • although I have now managed to get imprints working on x15 it is a very slim window for 100% and not always possible as some babies still mature faster than the last imprint

centre map

Let me explain the math on imprints. 

If you set maturation to x15, you'd have to divide the cuddle imprint multiplier by 15 (which is 0.066~). You could also change Baby Imprint Stat Scale Multiplier to x2, then multiply the cuddle imprint multiplier (0.066~*2=0.133~). That makes it that you have to imprint half of the time but get the same results (eg 100% on maturation). 

1 hour ago, jagilki said:

I think the thread is for server settings that aren't properly working right.  

Those two admin commands don't work because they disabled them.  Apparently it was required. 

i used them 10 minutes before i posted so if you are on xbox one they worked for me should work for you. try it 

13 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

I'm trying to currently track down any server options that aren't working correctly in the Xbox hosting panel. I believe we've got the majority of them sorted out now in the latest updates, but if there are any you think are still busted, let me know and we'll check it out. If there are also any options you think need to be added, don't hesitate to share (no promises that it will, but we can check it out also)

Thanks!

@jat set up my server after the update. When i logged in the wild dinos where just standing there. Even when attacked. Tried doing a dinowipe and the server kicked every player but it did wipe. Server froze for about 5 min before responding. But did not crash. When i logged in again the dinos where still just standing there.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived