Xbox Server Options

Jatheish

Request: I'd personally love to be able to raise the difficulty more and have higher level dinos spawn.

Its already in the game. You set the dino damage apart from 1 (one). I have it at 1.6, do not blame me when a moschops kills you. In fact I did not know they did bite until I played around with this slider.

Also dino resistance (harder to kill). So that is for wild dinos regardless of level of the dino. For tamed dino I guess its just changing the 0.2 value to one ( 1 ) for health and melee. Have fun /Ari

Edit: the tamed dinos is not 0,2 for melee only health is 0.2, for melee its 0.17 So changing this will change the melee and health. Well I guess you can change tamed stamina and speed as well when you feel like it. Many do write about slow flyers. Edit again; Yes, the majestic speed for fliers are 100 regardless.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If xbox is the same as PS4 it appears that the Max Players in a tribe setting does not function at all. On our server we tried limiting it to 5 and were able to get 8+ and it never gave us a error message.

Feature Suggestion

1. I would realllllly love it if we could get a sort of MindWipe variant to Hardcore mode. Essentially when a character dies they revert back to level 1 and 0 xp and need to relevel as normal but they do not lose access to their bases, their tames, or anything else. I feel this option would really help servers that want Solo Hardcore to be less frustrating. It also would really help RP servers (Yes HC RP Servers exist. I run one! lol) which often attract small groups or solo players. Alt stashing can also be really annoying to have to manage and having an option like this would remove the need for that as well.

2. Could we get a seperate slider for passive XP and explorer notes XP? Currently both are considered "general" xp and if I want to remove the burst xp from explorer notes it also disables passive XP.

3. Another alternative to the above suggestion would be an option to simply disable explorer notes.

This is how I reduce BLOOM and LIGHTSHAFTS

I have 2 Xbox One S xboxes, I use one for a server but you DO NOT NEED YOUR OWN SERVER. I was able to test this because I have a server dedicated Xbox. 

First I turned “offline raid protection” on my server “off” after I read about frozen Dino’s. This seems it helped the ability to apply reduced bloom settings. Even if you don’t have your own server this will work as long as the server you are playing on has offline raid protection turned off.

Start a single player game by going to host local and start single player game so you are in game and go to the menu by pressing the small button on your controller to the right of the lit Xbox button. Then press r+l shoulder buttons and x+y+b all at the same time. This will let you now bring up admin bar in your single player game.

Look directly into the worst bloom on the screen , bring up the admin bar by pressing the small button directly to right of lit Xbox button and this will bring up admin bar. (If this does not work go back and do the previous step again). 

Type this command into the admin bar ...  cheat r.bloomquality 0 .... you will see a change in bloom

next look at the sky and find a lightshaft  , they can be pretty faint but you can find them, look at the “sun” 

type into the admin bar......  cheat r.lightshafts 0 ..... again you will see the change.

Try lightshafts first if you would like, to keep bloom. Try it and see the change , lightshafts seems to be the most offending of the two settings.

i tested this 10 minutes before posting this

i tested this again 10 minutes before I made this post

Now you exit to main menu and join the server you want to play on. As long as you do not quit or STOP the game from running you will be fine. 

All the TV settings on my tv are default

I haven't seen any settings that aren't currently working, aside from the Dino Count slider; which, should probably only work to reduce dino spawn numbers on console, and not increase them.  I do have two suggestions for settings though:

Implement an option to wipe wild NPCs on load.  Shouldn't be difficult to null the NPC value so that map can load without wild NPCs, and then begin propagation once the map has finished loading.  This also might help a bit with the server load issues we hosts are currently experiencing.  

Table save files, which I realize some others have asked for.  

I would love to see the ability to have a difficulty level over 1.0 on consoles. This is possible on PC by editing the settings in .ini files. However, that is not possible on console. Currently, you can set a value greater than 1.0 in the box, but it does not make any changes in spawn levels of wild dinos and does not stay when reloading. There are other settings that already allow values greater than what is allowed on the slider (ie taming speed) and these values do take effect and do stay on reload. I would really like this feature as it is available on PC, as well as it would be easy to implement on console.

This is awesome! :) 3 things ID like added to sliders

I would like a tick box for my SP that allows flyer speed points.

I would like an option to remove the leveling of the dinos so all will be level one and gain no levels at tame or xp

and lastly id like the slider setting to have custom presets or maybe tag to the individual maps. I have a hardcore map and iv accidentially logged in with the sliders in the play map and messed up my hardcore experience.

It was be nice to be able to link xbox servers together so a cluster could be made. Last time i checked, i could only transfer between maps on same xbox. But it has to be some sort of link/restrictions so OP stuff cant be spawned in and move around to different dedicated servers.

Started playin on pc, theres an option override max difficulty to go over the lvl 150 dinos. Would also be a nice option.

-      Unlimited re-spec does not work.

-      Dino count does not seem to work either.

Suggestions:

-      An option to balance the levels/set minimum levels of wild creatures would be both useful and better for immersion. On The Island when playing on max difficulty, there are far too many low level creatures and not enough higher level ones. Not only is it difficult to find high level animals of a certain species for taming, but it also seems imbalanced and unrealistic to see, for example, a level 5 Rex and a level 145 Carno on the same map. The Rex engages the Carno, Rex goes down to an animal less than half its mass in seconds due to a ridiculous level gap. An option to ‘balance out’ the levels of wild creatures would be great. It would make the ecosystem of the island more realistic as the animal’s relative strength in comparison to each other would remain accurate at higher difficulty levels.

-    An option to toggle spawns of certain species on and off. No more Pegomastax, Microraptor and pointless Phiomia… they can kindly sod off.

-      Re-implementing the host tether option if possible.

-      An option to toggle the tamed/bred creature level cap that is now in place on official servers (not sure if this cap is already in place on SP/non-dedicated). Personally, I would like to have the cap active on SP/non-dedicated so I have a maximum target level to aim for, and to prevent tames becoming too overpowered.

-      Somebody suggested an item durability slider. Good idea.

-     A primal/primitive option that simply disables any engrams/items (blueprints and loot included) above what you can build in the smithy (fabricator and beyond is removed from the game). Would save having to go through all the engrams to uncheck them if you wanted a ‘non-tech’ play though.

Thanks

Hi @Jat,

I run my own player dedicated server with over 8000hrs running. I have a small community of lifers and others that come ago. Here is a short list in details of a few issues. I will add more as my group starts letting me know what they have noticed. I did crash once yesterday but no one knows how it happened.

The dedicated player list for those of us being host for their communities? It is hard to keep up with everyone staying on the server and leaving the server..lol I have over 500 friends on my server now and only about 25 play as of right now. It is going to take me a weekend deleting all of those people off the friends list, because that is the only way for people to get on the server without seeing it on the player dedicated server list. I spend about 3 hours using Xbox LFG or more on the weekend trying to get people on my server since they can't see it on the list.

Also the server list menu for official, dedicated server, and non-dedicated server list are glitchy. And sometimes it Freezes the console and you can't even dashboard yourself out. You would have to do a hard reset. Just start the game go to join and before it finishes loading all the way back out and go right back in. Bam you are frozen.

When in the dedicated player server list it only allows 98 to 84 servers to list on the screen. I am really positively sure there are a hole lot more then that. As Well in any of the lists the ping does not show. 

I will add more to some issues with bugs in the dedicated server as my community informs me and I can relay it back to you.

The higher it is on the list, the higher priority it has to me.

Log-out timer/ORP interval not working as intended.

The "TeleportToMe" commands do not work.

Possibly add two buttons at the server startup screen that allows you to backup current world data and to load a backup? Or possibly have it so a backup is created/refreshed whenever the server shuts down and a button to load backup data?

Please make it so unconscious creatures can not be dino wiped. Having a server with 30+ people on at once makes it near impossible to dino wipe in between people taming.

Commands to create/use macros would be nice. Such as:

<"Cheat SetMacro G1 "Cheat GiveItemNum 1 1 100 0|Cheat GiveItemNum 2 1 100 0">

<"Cheat Macro G1"> where "G1" is the macro name.

Would make using a popular command/set of commands a much easier task.

Having two types of admins you can promote someone to would be really great. One being an admin with access to all commands and a moderator that has access to commands you allow them to have. Even if you don't have a way change what they can do as a host, making it so they can only do the basic commands like dino wiping, banning, kicking, renaming, and so on would help greatly. Basically all the popular commands that don't involve spawning stuff in, for those people you don't trust enough. :P

A command to allow an admin to have infinite carry weight would be nice for those who are making community events/areas. Or possibly make it so infinitestats also grants you weight that doesn't increase.

When using commands that puts text in chat(Just like Cheat GiveItemNumToPlayer shows what item BP you give to a player), it makes your chat scroll up a bit after repeated use. Therefore you can't see what people in chat until you exit and reenter the server.

The Cheat Ghost and Cheat Fly commands to allow you to move at your normal speed would be a gift to builders.

An option to exclusively change flyer speed. I agree with the flyer changes, but it would be nice to change things up a bit in dedicated servers without affecting all the dinos.

I like the word "would". Leave me alone xD

:Melee_Damage:

One thing I'd like to clarify on my list is related to the engrams UI.

If I decide to disable something like clubs it ends up making it impossible for someone to learn the sword engram.  Others have similar issues.

Also related, if I remove a saddle from the engrams it should not show up in drops as well.  

I also haven't tested this in a while, but when you remove a lot of engrams it ends up lagging the learn engrams UI pretty badly.  At least it used to.  I'll likely look at this again once we get more fixes for the dedicated servers and their settings.

On another note, it might be cool to have an easier way to set up a no flyer, no tame or perhaps a primitive (not prim+) server as we cannot easily set things up via an ini file.

I think someone else mentioned this, but having a named saved settings would be great.  That way if I wanted to say have a scorched event with different settings I could quickly go back to the old saved settings when it was done.  Right now the settings are shared between all maps, all modes (single player, ded & non ded servers) and it's even shared between accounts on the Xbox which makes it a pain to manage.

Im also wondering how the setup for the Play Anywhere version will work on the PC.  Will we have more control in that we can set up an ini file or will it also be UI only?  

I have a few fun/interesting ideas i will list them below

I think a stone version of the storage box should be added to bridge the gap between the wooden storage boxes and vaults, maybe give it 90 slots and 1.5x the durability of the large wooden storage box?

A cool item to add would be a tracker node dart, especially for pve, taming a dino in the wild and it runs off into the forest it would be great to add a way to track it like a hunters accessory

A fun thing to add would be a *bonding* feature, where outside of breeding as long as the tame was raised by you, you can play fetch, cuddle with it and have it roll over or do a fun silly action

Maybe an underwater submarine that operates on gas, i think tek would be too expensive, so maybe have it run on gas and keep its durability relatively low but allow it to be quick and able to harvest items/ pick up underwater drops, i think it would add an amazing exploration function to ark

Can we add a sort of luminescent attachment to either gear or dinos for the underwater? Make the underwater more fun/ scary to explore?

For a pvp aspect, maybe an automated bola/rocket minigun, low ammo capacity and fire rate but deals heavy damage...we have tek stuff so its not too advanced

A flag holder similar to the hanging wall torch for decorative purposes?

Trip wire switches/traps-so tripping a trip wire depending whether its settings are set to Enable/disable will close doors, active traps/turrets or close/turn off/ disable them

Pheremone trip wires that will cause nearby creatures to attack when its tripped ( can set it so tames will aggro as well)

Lemme know if ya like it jat and devs!

how about a slider option for bloom quality and ground clutter like pc has, gamma control isn't sufficient enough. Also how about some sort of storage system for unused dinos.. Something like an obelisks ark data storage but with no timer, you could tie it into the players mystical unknown implant properties like a sub folder when you click on your implant have an option to store a dino(s) data to that player. It seems like that could cut down on the memory issues if ppl could store dinos off the map. Also how about an option for server hosting to enable classic flyers or nerfed flyer patch. Also how about the option for an admin to be able to have the ability to promote other ppl to admin status through the showmyadminmanager command. I could go on forever but ill stop there

1 hour ago, thegr8steveo said:

Also how about some sort of storage system for unused dinos.. Something like an obelisks ark data storage but with no timer, you could tie it into the players mystical unknown implant properties like a sub folder when you click on your implant have an option to store a dino(s) data to that player. It seems like that could cut down on the memory issues if ppl could store dinos off the map.

Yeah, you reminded me of an idea I had a while ago to help alleviate the giant bases full of kibble farm dinos.  Something like what you mentioned but for me I called it a cloud farm or something like that.  So you cloud upload dinos to a "farm" of sorts and you'd get eggs back.  Perhaps with some limits for number of dinos you can store, you need to feed the dinos by uploading food or they die, and you cannot download dinos once uploaded.  Seems like it would help with server perf and the memory issues related to that as well as client side perf without the giant bases full of dinos to render.  Make it an optional thing for dedicated, perhaps official PVE as well as I'm guessing PVP players would not like it or it'd get abused somehow.

Fwiw once the dinos are uploaded to the cloud farm it seems like take very little processing and memory to handle the farm in this way.

Given that they're close to the final disk version and no fixes to the broken kibble tree I'm guessing the kibble part of the game is still here to stay.  I like the idea, it's just the system and which dinos use the various kibble and requiring lots of dinos to get the various kibble trees that makes it seem broken to me.

Another one that I recall being an issue but haven't tested lately is that you cannot spawn in some items due to part of the name being blocked by Xbox.  I think it was this one.

AdminCheat GiveItem "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/CoreBlueprints/Items/Armor/Saddles/PrimalItemCostume_BoneRex.PrimalItemCostume_BoneRex'" 1 1 0

it has the word boner in BoneRex so it doesn't work.  Though perhaps this has since been replaced with item IDs from the last time I looked.

12 hours ago, Soldiercide said:

I haven't seen any settings that aren't currently working, aside from the Dino Count slider; which, should probably only work to reduce dino spawn numbers on console, and not increase them.  I do have two suggestions for settings though:

Implement an option to wipe wild NPCs on load.  Shouldn't be difficult to null the NPC value so that map can load without wild NPCs, and then begin propagation once the map has finished loading.  This also might help a bit with the server load issues we hosts are currently experiencing.  

Table save files, which I realize some others have asked for.  

Wiping dinos on load would cause all sorts of issues if a server crashes and someone is mid tame. Don't want this unless unconscious dinos are excluded. 

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived