Xbox Server Options

Jatheish

How about making the timer for ORP actually work. The time from last tribe member loggi by off to when base is non raidable, hasn't really been anything other than instant since day 1. I would love to implement a 2 hour window of time that a base can still be raided before it is locked down, just to prevent battle logging.

Also adding a way to set wild dinos max level higher than 150 would be awesome. As well as possible a few mods, such as structures + or classic flyers. - speaking of flyers, a checkbox to all stat points to be added to movement speed of flyers would be sweet! It was understandable to need them for officials, but people play dedicateds for the boosts. If everything thing is boosted, but flyers are slower than achatinas, then what is the point in flyers??

Just my 2 cents.

I have been running my own server since July 2016.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jagilki said:

I think the thread is for server settings that aren't properly working right.  

Those two admin commands don't work because they disabled them.  Apparently it was required. 

prior to update i never used "cheat" in command line but i had to enter command in single player then back out and join official or dedicated, without leaving ark just changed game mode, after idk which update you could enter from admin bar on ded server but still did not have to use "cheat" after most recent update you can do it either way but you still have to use "cheat" in command bar so the command is now ......  cheat r.bloomquality 0 

10 minutes ago, XjimX said:

@jat set up my server after the update. When i logged in the wild dinos where just standing there. Even when attacked. Tried doing a dinowipe and the server kicked every player but it did wipe. Server froze for about 5 min before responding. But did not crash. When i logged in again the dinos where still just standing there.

turn off offline raid protection, it worked for me, try it

11 minutes ago, PMann709 said:

How about making the timer for ORP actually work. The time from last tribe member loggi by off to when base is non raidable, hasn't really been anything other than instant since day 1. I would love to implement a 2 hour window of time that a base can still be raided before it is locked down, just to prevent battle logging.

Also adding a way to set wild dinos max level higher than 150 would be awesome. As well as possible a few mods, such as structures + or classic flyers. - speaking of flyers, a checkbox to all stat points to be added to movement speed of flyers would be sweet! It was understandable to need them for officials, but people play dedicateds for the boosts. If everything thing is boosted, but flyers are slower than achatinas, then what is the point in flyers??

Just my 2 cents.

I have been running my own server since July 2016.

one way to look at it is that the slower the flyer, the bigger the map

14 hours ago, KillerKeemgar said:

I'd love a slider for bloom quality. The game always looked better with it set to 0 and it was the first command I entered every time I loaded up my single player game

Add "cheat" to command line ...........     cheat r.bloomquality 0    Enter it in single player before joining official or dedicated or on your personal server in your admin bar

24 minutes ago, BikeShopGuru said:

Add "cheat" to command line ...........     cheat r.bloomquality 0    Enter it in single player before joining official or dedicated or on your personal server in your admin bar

They admitted to removing those types of commands from console. That is why they no longer work.

I've had 3 issues so far when I'm playing single player. All of these issues are on The Island and The Center.

First issue: Titanosaurs seem to make my game crash now. When I attack it and do a certain % of its health, the game just seems to say "nope, you're not gonna kill it" and kicks me out.

Second issue: LB seems to stop working after a while. Not sure what's causing it since all I was doing is breeding Gigas when it happened. Only command I was using is "cheat slomo" and "cheat kill". Quitting and reloading the save seems to fix it.

[EDIT] Third Issue: For some reason my map progress got wiped during my playthrough. Hadn't died or reset anything. Just decided to clear my map on The Center.

Request: I'd personally love to be able to raise the difficulty more and have higher level dinos spawn.

I'll update this as I remember things but here is my list:

• When PVE is selected with ORP all storage is accessible by all, regardless if they're online or off. It should be the same as officials and nothing is accessible by anyone other than the tribe who owns it. You cannot even lock storage so everything is open for thieves. 
  • Timed PVE timer is the same. We use it in reverse and enable 2hrs of PVP each day. During PVE time (and PVP), everything is accessible. I would prefer an actual option which enables/disables accessing others Structures (unless actually set as unlocked for shared community structures, community forges etc). 
  • When timer switches from PVP to PVE the pause menu doesn't update and some PVP type things like accessing bodies is unavailable. Menu still shows PVE unless you log out and in again. 
  • What would be ideal for us is to have a toggle option on the host Xbox while it is hosting to turn on player and/or dino PVP. So we could be set as PVE all the time and when we need it for events just toggle the options on, do event and toggle it off, remaining PVE for everything else.
  • Untested since last patch but ORP timer didn't work. 
  • The ability to scroll the chat and settings from the host Xbox would be useful.
  • Remove the "no controller connected" pop up on the host Xbox so it doesn't cover the list of users and how many online etc. 
  • Ability to set max dino level and multipler would be great 
  • If admin logging is enabled or you use a command which appears in your chat a lot in one go,  it can make the chat not keep up. Almost like you need to scroll down to read latest comments. 
  • Add back an option to see who destroyed structures
  • Structure prevention volumes is inconsistent, maybe just give us a set of tick boxes to protect all of one type of resource? 
  • Tribe wars, change it to be easier to understand. Just keep it simple and allow the next amount of time for the war, for example, next 24hours. Using in game time and days is tricky. Keep it simple.
  • Structure and dino decay for PVP and PVE
  • Separate wyvern and other dinos maturation timers. I don't want to allow people to tame wyverns with no milk but I do want to reduce the time it takes to actually raise dinos on event weekends. 
  • Getting a server onto the server list is hit and miss. Give us an "include in server list" option when hosting. We don't want to be listed, might as well give that spot to someone who does. 
  • Server passwords don't work, we have one set and people join via the friends list, which is fine, but might as well make it work (only do this if we can manually choose not to be listed). 
  • Supply drops stop you building during on those areas in PVE. This is obviously to stop people blocking them on official servers but it's not an issue on player dedicated. Can we have an option to allow building near them on server settings?
  • Some admin codes don't work, Rex bone skin, and you can't type 450 into chat or admin command. 
  • All items given number codes would be useful
  • Some sort of back up system. Even if it's just a daily back up or some way to roll back after an issue or to try and save a world if it won't load. We get about 4-6 weeks use out of a save these days before something happens and we are forced to start over. Number one issue! 

I'll add more as I think of any. 

• Cheat destroywilddinos not clear unconscious dinos. So we can wipe, refresh dinos and help with lag without waiting for people to finish tames
  • Maybe an option to do cross server amoungst other dedicated servers. An option to enter a gamertag to link up with would be ideal. 
  • Teleporting people to you doesn't work. You can teleport to them but not the other way around. 
  • The Tek Buggy is... buggy. Near unusable. 

Guest DJRone89

* The latest addition slider for the fuel consumption multiplier doesn't seem to work.

Most people previously have stated what doesn't work so I will only add what think is missing from their already compiled lists.

In terms of suggestions, whatever .ini settings you can implement that the Xbox can handle as there are many missing in comparison to PC, such as overriding supply boxes on PvE to land on top of structures, the more simple ones. As much as I'd love to see the max structures on platforms I doubt the Xbox could handle it.

What about adding the option to increase the max wild dino lvl spawn, and player level cap, so we can increase it for player dedicated server and in single player like on the pc. Id love to be able to see lvl 600 wild ptera or carno wandering about. also to be able to unlock all the engrams in player dedicated.

Also for a tickbox or something along the lines of to enable old flyers so people on player dedicated and PvE servers dont suffer because of the toxic PvP community.

Thanks

Hello all,

Thank you for a successful update. You should have done it much sooner :) , keep up the good and amazing work.

In my experience most people do not know how to create the Xbox profile correctly and use someone that knows how to do that.

So opening ARK and find all these values/sliders settings are a dream for technical people and a nightmare to most. I mean most just press play.

So placing these settings in a sub menu or hidden with some kind of unlock combination. And using just 3 buttons:

EASY - child friendly.

MEDIUM - as official servers but faster paced game play.

HARD - as official including boss fights. And here also a sub menu with the sliders for these experienced players.

Because finding information in the community about the sliders and what they do is a nightmare, thx for the ingame tips, mostly one get information like set that to zero and set this to 999. I guess all sliders affect the game in several ways and they are connected and interact. As an example is the breeding, some wants fast fast fast but do not want to miss out on imprints. Now it is fixed, thx. But still several sliders that need to be set to make that example a reality.

So what I try to say is that a simple yet advanced interface is needed (not just the advanced).

After reading the posts, I am also adjusting the gamma all the time.

If the simple fix is just adding a bloom slider so be it.We are talking about single player and not official game play. On that note in single player and dedicated server everyone wants:

A previous "saved game" area that can be loaded from. By this everyone can rollback their game play if so needed.

Now one need to kill the game to get the last saved game to load. And this way rollback zero to 15 minutes.

Thanks again for 759, we are most impressed.

Regards,

Ariana

Hey Jat, 

Cheers for looking out for us server owners, I would like to suggest sequential save slots (in case server crashes and the recent save is corrupted, so we can roll back to an earlier date)

Admin command logs for when admins are offline, to see what commands have been used (only to be viewed by admins)

To be able to scroll through previous chat logs.

To enable the clutter control command, for the whole server and not just the person putting in the command, this might help with any future crashes and less complaints to you ?

4 hours ago, BikeShopGuru said:

Tried it and upon joining official server the client crashed. Two times crashed and tried it two times. So its in the past. Now just crashes the game. And not crashing the server for those that are only interested in that. As long as the game is not started from scratch it continues to crash when joining server. I guess that is what you wanted to say.

@Jat any chance we can get an admin command for SP or unofficial to completely remove all resource nodes, trees, rocks etc on the map like the destroywilddinos command? Not permanently but just until the resource spawn period kicks back in?

Would make it easier on SP to build bases instead of having to chop down a Forrest and clearing away all resources before being able to build.... just a handy command to have for those who enjoy building,

20 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

I'm trying to currently track down any server options that aren't working correctly in the Xbox hosting panel. I believe we've got the majority of them sorted out now in the latest updates, but if there are any you think are still busted, let me know and we'll check it out. If there are also any options you think need to be added, don't hesitate to share (no promises that it will, but we can check it out also)

Thanks!

I've been having issues with maturation speed. I have it set at 3 were a wyvern should take about 30 hours but im getting them done in a little over 1 hour.

8 hours ago, maze said:

Let me explain the math on imprints. 

If you set maturation to x15, you'd have to divide the cuddle imprint multiplier by 15 (which is 0.066~). You could also change Baby Imprint Stat Scale Multiplier to x2, then multiply the cuddle imprint multiplier (0.066~*2=0.133~). That makes it that you have to imprint half of the time but get the same results (eg 100% on maturation). 

Thank you, I will do that. 

17 hours ago, XjimX said:

I had the exact problems BUT my server and i crashed. Same map.

I hadn't fixed the problem, but posted in another thread and the kind guys on there helped.

The solution is to untick the 'offline raiding' checkbox in advanced settings. Sorry it's offline raiding 'something' basically three words but I can't at this moment remember the last one! lol It stops offline raiding. Anyway, uncheck that and everything will be back to normal :-)
Apparently there will be a patch for it in the next download.

17 hours ago, DkLONDON said:

Hi. I've updated today and my Island dedicated server resets on VolcanoEntrance. I've tried fixes but same issue. Centre is working ok.

can you please let me know what's happened to the admin command box? Tried checking allow admin command, clearing admins and rejoin but still the start button admin command is nowhere to be seen? 

Please help !!

Click start button, hold these four buttons simultaneously: LB + RB +X + Y to get admin box up on xbox

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived