Xbox Server Options

Jatheish

DINO COUNT MULIPLIER i change it to .1 same amount of dinos after a dino wipe then bring it to 1 and doesnt add any extra so yea thats broken

44 minutes ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

I'm trying to currently track down any server options that aren't working correctly in the Xbox hosting panel. I believe we've got the majority of them sorted out now in the latest updates, but if there are any you think are still busted, let me know and we'll check it out. If there are also any options you think need to be added, don't hesitate to share (no promises that it will, but we can check it out also)

Thanks!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, TheEliteHitman said:

It would be awesome if we could have a setting allowing dinos to spawn at a  level higher then 150. Even getting them up to 150 is not the most straight forward. 

Also an option to set up periodic server backups would be great.

I agree 10x. I have been pushing for this for nearly a year, would love this option! Difficulty increases would be more than welcome as Well!

Server options seem ok. But my dedicated server is kinda broken since today's patch. 

All wild dinos are just standing there, eating occasionally. They will not agro or move. 

Have rebooted and cleared cashe to no effect. 

Dinowipe caused server to crash. 

Looks nice now though, with the mist. But unplayable, pls help

Centre map Xbox. 

Update. I seem to have fixed it. Server did not crash after wipe, I did. So this time left server running and new spawns are looking good! 

Ps love the new attack music!

The only major issue I've had with the XBOX 1 server settings is that me and my brother have to share all the slider settings except for the sliders that started with the game. We both play on the same console, but we have individual gaming styles. It would really make for a better experience if we could have our game individually tailored to the way we want to play. I don't know if this is an Ark issue or an Xbox issue. Since we can have different server settings for the original settings I'm thinking it's an Ark issue.

Same changes I'd like to see would be:

Either individual harvest rates like wood, metal, and whatnot or maybe break it into 2 or more group harvest amount settings. 1 for building materials and 1 for organics.

Having a settling to enable flyer speed increases for singleplayer would also be nice.

I know there has been more settings added for platform building, but I don't know if any of them effect the number of structures that can be built on them. Would like to see a slider to adjust how many structures can be built on a platform or remove the cap entirely.

Would be nice to have individual or group weight settings for dino spawns, but I'm not gonna hold much hope for that.

I've heard player servers on PC can have a higher difficulty than 5. Would be great to have that for Xbox. Especially for single player.

I think that's all I have for now. Keep up the good work.

5 minutes ago, Sillyfawn125279 said:

Please make an option to allow flyer speed change on dedicated it shouldn't take almost 25 minutes to fly to another ob from one especially when it would turn night and day 3 times before you get there. Also unlimited respecs still doesn't work

I still don't understand why people pump points into movement speed and complain about flyers.. these are meant to be living, breathing creatures not supersonic fighter jets and formula one racers. Just my opinion and isn't relevent to the thread but I just don't understand people pumping movement speed :P

3 minutes ago, DebzyzZz said:

X5 loot quality doesn't seem to make a difference 

I don't know if the loot quality setting is intended to work this way, but what I noticed after setting mine to 3 was that the drop loot didn't really change, however, it seems that the frequency of drops has increased. So, I believe that the chances of getting good loot increases because the frequency of drops has increased. I'm not sure if that's how it works though.

Implementing an extra inventory tab for admins in game to execute commands and that is very useful for console players to manage(Examples: Seeing all text correctly at right ratio, and full detail of what each command would do if executed, also a master admin rank to control other admins you try to trust to not abuse.)

I'm simply lost to what pressing issues player dedicated has but that is my recommendation for player dedicated,

Thanks

Implement a system where you have complete control on the dinosaurs. Just like the engrams how you can enable/disable them but, with dinosaurs. Also add the ability to change the settings(dinos stats,what structures they can/can't damage, how many spawn in on the server, etc) on individual dinosaur(make a dodo have more melee damage while keeping all the other dinosaurs at default or make a ptera fly extremely fast while all the other dinos move at default speed.) . For example: You want people to have a base on a titansaur but, not be able to raid with it. <-- so now all you gotta do is change what structures a titansaur can damage (only able to damage thatch/none) and now people can tame titans and have mobile bases. Basically make it where we have complete control on all aspects of the server. Thanks.

Make this post popular if your agree with this.

Hi. I've updated today and my Island dedicated server resets on VolcanoEntrance. I've tried fixes but same issue. Centre is working ok.

can you please let me know what's happened to the admin command box? Tried checking allow admin command, clearing admins and rejoin but still the start button admin command is nowhere to be seen? 

Please help !!

2 hours ago, DebzyzZz said:

Server options seem ok. But my dedicated server is kinda broken since today's patch. 

All wild dinos are just standing there, eating occasionally. They will not agro or move. 

Have rebooted and cleared cashe to no effect. 

Dinowipe caused server to crash. 

Looks nice now though, with the mist. But unplayable, pls help

Centre map Xbox. 

Update. I seem to have fixed it. Server did not crash after wipe, I did. So this time left server running and new spawns are looking good! 

Ps love the new attack music!

I had the exact problems BUT my server and i crashed. Same map.

Please give the ability to reduce the total number of dinos on the map. I would like to reduce numbers and make them alot more difficult. Even further into that request i would love it if we could adjust the percents or number of individual dinos on the map. IE maybe i dont want any flyers on the map or any pegamastix so i could set their value to 0.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived