Xbox Server Options

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys,

I'm trying to currently track down any server options that aren't working correctly in the Xbox hosting panel. I believe we've got the majority of them sorted out now in the latest updates, but if there are any you think are still busted, let me know and we'll check it out. If there are also any options you think need to be added, don't hesitate to share (no promises that it will, but we can check it out also)

Thanks!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

I'm trying to currently track down any server options that aren't working correctly in the Xbox hosting panel. I believe we've got the majority of them sorted out now in the latest updates, but if there are any you think are still busted, let me know and we'll check it out. If there are also any options you think need to be added, don't hesitate to share (no promises that it will, but we can check it out also)

Thanks!

I'm sure you wouldn't forget me and my list as you know I'd nag you till you block me.  ;P  But here's my list of things.  I'll point folks back to this thread though.

It would be cool to set the minimum level dinos could spawn at as well.

I always set babyfoodconsumption and matinginterval to 0, and everytime I reset the server they jump back up to 1.

Just now confirmed still can't get past 'VolcanoEntrance' on dedicated servers. Looks like it's gonna be another long 2 weeks.

Also let me clarify something; if your server can't load past 'VolcanoEntrance' it does NOT mean your saved is corrupted. I was able to load in after 30 minutes of it dashboarding me and my save was fine. The game just can't load past 'VolcanoEntrance' 98% of the time and if you wipe your server you are doing it in vain

Just now, StephenG19971997 said:

What about the admin command bar not showing when playing the game and it's not their but it's enabled in the main page on Xbox one. I'm not sure if theirs a thread going or not?

LB + RB + X + Y makes it visible the entire time you're playing.  Though you have to redo this each time you exit and go back into the game.  Would be sweet that since it knows you're an admin that it stays on without you having to reset it each time.

15 minutes ago, mleii said:

I'm sure you wouldn't forget me and my list as you know I'd nag you till you block me.  ;P  But here's my list of things.  I'll point folks back to this thread though.

Yes dont forget this thread! Would it be helpful to quote @mleii 's OP into this thread to consolidate them?

9 minutes ago, mleii said:

LB + RB + X + Y makes it visible the entire time you're playing.  Though you have to redo this each time you exit and go back into the game.  Would be sweet that since it knows you're an admin that it stays on without you having to reset it each time.

ok thank you. i didn't know that cause i haven't played in a while since they redid the main page and in game. lol

Options that I think we need:

-Server backup (to the last save or even an option to backup further) 

-ALL TEK ENGRAMS AVAILABLE IN EVERY MAP (We can't transfer like on official!) 

-Forge speed multiplier for faster metal cooking 

-Crafting speed multiplier for smithy/fabricator/chemical... 

-An option to server spawn wild baby/juvenile/adolescent dinos all over the map like with penguins (this should be an in game feature btw) 

And of course before any of this, fix them to not crash at all and add PC server hosting/rent!

Thanks for all the hard work :)

If you set mating interval to 0, it'll work but resets to 1 after a server restart. A new feature that I think everyone would enjoy would be like an inventory crafting speed. Something that boosts how fast smithys and fabricators craft. A forge Speed would be nice as well. I'm fine with not getting mods on Xbox as long as we can keep getting more and more control over specific things on our servers. 

I haven't played Ark in a little while because I'm waiting for Ragnarok to release, so I can't remember any bugs for server options, but 

here's my suggestions for possible new features.

-PVP structure decay (along with an option to alter the timer)

-Max tribe Dino limit (so that you could make it to where a tribe could have a max of 10 Dino's, or 300, etc)

-Max tribe structure limit (this would be really good because far progressed servers have a hard time handling large bases)

-An option to disable certain Dino spawns

-An option to enable movement speed upgrades on flyers

-Maybe Dino specific stats changes (like being able to change each individual Dino's stats per level, base stats, etc. Ex. Very fast raptors and much slower paracers

That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

On a side note, updating the description for "Dino count" would be nice, on default it's at zero I believe, so how are you suppose to lower it from there?

Infinite respecs is broken and as a result since that update I've been stuck at 100 health because I'm max level and I don't want to make a new character. I would also really enjoy if you did return the ability to lengthen the tether after that setting came out my friends and I started moving across the island and they were moving dinos while I built the house but you guys took away that setting mid move so now it's one or the other. You could always add a warning letting people know that it can cause performance issues

31 minutes ago, TheEliteHitman said:

It would be awesome if we could have a setting allowing dinos to spawn at a  level higher then 150. Even getting them up to 150 is not the most straight forward. 

Also an option to set up periodic server backups would be great.

Be able to increase dificulty higher level Dinos and better quality drops would be amazing.

XBOX 1

*Offline Raid Prevention Timer actually work when you adjust the timer on PVP.  

*PGM maps crashing everytime you load one. Takes 3 trys at 15 each to get it to load

*Have the option to go back to previous save points just incase the last save point failed to save correctly

*DestroyWildDinos command Still continues to CRASH the server after TODAYS update.   The moment Dinos start to spawn back is when then server crashes.  Server has been reset 3 times since last update.  I have tried it on a different map and it still crashes it.  I have also deleted ARK and reinstalled it with the same results. 

*On the Server host xbox dashboard AKA the Black Screen that shows players in the game and who is your admins.   The in game names can be so long that the text start to overshadow xbox gamertags so you cant see the ingame name, their level or the gamertag. I would suggest moving over each calm so the text field does not go into another text field.

*Default name HOMo Sapien.  You can not use admin command CHeat Renameplayer HOMo because xbox things homo is a bad name and will not allow it to enter chat field.  You will have to change the default name.  What you should do is get rid of the option to use a default name and make the player enter a name before creating a character. I hate have 20+ people on my server with the same name. 

*On host xbox dashboard have the ability to type in admin commands for example  Cheat destroywild dinos from the server host xbox instead of having to log into another console to do a dinowipe.  

*On host xbox have the ability to restrict powers to admins.  Some admins i only want them to be able to teleport, dinowipes and look at spectator modes but would love to be able to NOT allow them to spawn in items.  For some reason every ADMIN likes to spawn in assendant poop and get raided by someone on the map giving an advantange when i could have restricted them from spawning in items.

*Fix the   TeleportPlayerToME command to I can actually teleport problem people to locations that are needed to be making things faster.

*Change the DestroyWildDinos command to NOT KILL PASSED OUT TAMES. cause we all know there is idiots on the game that only complain after you do a dinowipe even if you posted it hundreds of times in the chat.

*ALLOW  PVP structure and Dino decay to happen.  

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived