Ankylos have like a tipping point on melee?

jpcab

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess people is not familiar with the method of quetz and anky farming. As the ankylo gather material, its inventory fills... You dont transfer in any way the material during the farming session, you transfer materials at the end into storages / forge because of course the anky has reduction on metal. But the anky will gather material way more than its weight. Its in fact limited by the weight of the quetzal or its inventory limit which is 300 slot. And having the quetzal in weight is way more efficient than on ankylo since the ankylo wont move anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Malko said:

I guess people is not familiar with the method of quetz and anky farming. As the ankylo gather material, its inventory fills... You dont transfer in any way the material during the farming session, you transfer materials at the end into storages / forge because of course the anky has reduction on metal. But the anky will gather material way more than its weight. Its in fact limited by the weight of the quetzal or its inventory limit which is 300 slot. And having the quetzal in weight is way more efficient than on ankylo since the ankylo wont move anyway. 

for god sake thats what i said..

I now have levelled an ankly to 400, 700 and 1k melee.

The difference between the 400 and 700 from the same respawned mid tier metal node was 40 ore.

Difference between 700 and 1k was 27 ore. 

I repeated 3 times to satisfy my own statistical needs, but cba to do 100+ tests to prove something I already know.

Results were almost identical (3 and 6 ore deviation respectively)

It is a diminishing return curve, more damage does equal more metal. The real question is at which point does it become ineffective to level melee on an anklyo.

I also believe harvest health is a multiplier, hence the Devs referring to it as 0.25 from snow bushes etc in the patch notes recently.

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

Another answer is yes, there IS a hard cap, not exactly related to metal. There is a 255 point stat-cap, hardcoded in the game. At least it has been in the game a year ago. If you go over that point, the stat that exceeded this value will reset to its default and start counting again from 0.

Granted, this can only happen on servers with settings or mods that higher the difficulty to 20x or even 30x or more. But it can happen. Just mentioning, as I don't know what settings the OP plays on.

Official...this is for official... . :) 

22 minutes ago, Saupe said:

I now have levelled an ankly to 400, 700 and 1k melee.

The difference between the 400 and 700 from the same respawned mid tier metal node was 40 ore.

Difference between 700 and 1k was 27 ore. 

I repeated 3 times to satisfy my own statistical needs, but cba to do 100+ tests to prove something I already know.

Results were almost identical (3 and 6 ore deviation respectively)

It is a diminishing return curve, more damage does equal more metal. The real question is at which point does it become ineffective to level melee on an anklyo.

I also believe harvest health is a multiplier, hence the Devs referring to it as 0.25 from snow bushes etc in the patch notes recently.

Still better than 0 ore difference by leveling anything else! hahahaha! my ankys are imprinted and 1K MD or over which is nice not only for gathering ressource, but during farming session (except for high tier carnivores), youll find it usefull to oneshot every single animals that can trouble it since you'll need weight on quetzal no matter you put weight or MD on anky. I dont really care about other stats, because my anky doesnt need oxy if i farm metal with, health is fine just like so, stamina too, after 2-3 nodes the anky is encoumbered anyway so movement speed dont matter, weight as i said dont matter... So what would be logical to put points in is in fact MD.

1 hour ago, Malko said:

Didn't the "overloading Anky" method get patched recently? Not tried it in a while.....

3 hours ago, Malko said:

IMO The ankylo to be efficient should tend to 1 shot every rich node of metal. That way you spend less time farming ressources and gather more in less time. The weight doesnt really matter when you are farming with a quetzal because the anky will be full of weight before the quetzal (if the quetz is decent).

I would rather swing the anky tail an extra time rather than do more trips to the quetz for constant emptying the anky the back and forth trips take more time then tail swinging

37 minutes ago, Maahes said:

Didn't the "overloading Anky" method get patched recently? Not tried it in a while.....

what has been patched is few methods of making the quetzal being able to carry infinite weight.

but imo its pretty logic that way. The more you lift the less the ability to move, and at some point even if you cannot walk doesnt mean you cannot "deadlift" even more! 

1 hour ago, Malko said:

Still better than 0 ore difference by leveling anything else! hahahaha! my ankys are imprinted and 1K MD or over which is nice not only for gathering ressource, but during farming session (except for high tier carnivores), youll find it usefull to oneshot every single animals that can trouble it since you'll need weight on quetzal no matter you put weight or MD on anky. I dont really care about other stats, because my anky doesnt need oxy if i farm metal with, health is fine just like so, stamina too, after 2-3 nodes the anky is encoumbered anyway so movement speed dont matter, weight as i said dont matter... So what would be logical to put points in is in fact MD.

Your anky is encumbered in 2-3 nodes and the only logical stat you can see to level is melee...?

1 minute ago, OGCookies said:

I would rather swing the anky tail an extra time rather than do more trips to the quetz for constant emptying the anky the back and forth trips take more time then tail swinging

thats what you dont understand you dont EMPTY the anky in the quetzal, you pick the anky which is much faster and efficient due to weight reduction for metal they have. that way the anky does not have to move. Go youtube how to do a plateform to farm metal (I'm not insulting you, just trying to explain you what is the most efficient way). that way you will gather more metal in less time.

6 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

Your anky is encumbered in 2-3 nodes and the only logical stat you can see to level is melee...?

Even if the ankylo is encoumbered, you can hit nodes with it and carry even more metal, so the real limit is the quetzal weight not the anky weight. and remember... dont empty your anky into your quetzal hahahaha! dump the whole thing into your forge/ stash after the run! :-) thank me for the poop ton of metal youll have later x)

Edit: Making a plateform make it even easier to do. But if you dont have the level you can pick the anky with a none plateform saddle

You need about 550 melee to be able to break any metal node on the island in one hit, a little higher on the Center(don't know exact value). I've gotten upwards of 1k melee, I haven't noted exact numbers of harvest but people seem to think melee helps, but I think there is a max value a metal node will give, but if they ever came out with richer nodes you would want more melee, so best to just pump melee. 

Plus who doesn't want an Anky with the damage of a 100% giga lol

In Xbox pve we have rediculous ankys (your welcome) most of mine have are specced at 1100 weight with 800 melee 200 speed, 90 plus prints.  However, there are diminishing returns after about 500 melee full print with normal nodes. Rich nodes that return has a much higher melee barrier prob 7-800 range but the higher you go, the less return you get per point invested. So realistically it makes more sense to level weight before melee if it will be more efficient for you to carry 3x the weight vs get 10-20 more metal per node if you  do solo metal runs. 

On 7/16/2017 at 4:15 PM, Chewytowel said:

All higher melee does is help you harvest a node faster.  Once you can one shot all nodes, if that is your goal, you don't need more melee.

This.

Metal Nodes will reward a variable of metal ore and stone, depending on what the Node is for the Server (Rich or Standard, nodes are different on each server.) Nothing will change the Variable, or make it reward less or more metal ore, it all depends on the Harvest settings and the variable of the node. Once your Ankylosaurus can harvest the entire node in one swing, that's where you want your Melee capped out on it (though, having higher melee does mean more physical damage dealt, and Ankylosaurus have a large hurt box and are quite tanky.)

18 hours ago, Orion said:

This.

Metal Nodes will reward a variable of metal ore and stone, depending on what the Node is for the Server (Rich or Standard, nodes are different on each server.) Nothing will change the Variable, or make it reward less or more metal ore, it all depends on the Harvest settings and the variable of the node. Once your Ankylosaurus can harvest the entire node in one swing, that's where you want your Melee capped out on it (though, having higher melee does mean more physical damage dealt, and Ankylosaurus have a large hurt box and are quite tanky.)

This is wrong, the anklyos damage, is a direct modifier to the amount of metal/stone/flint/wood/thatch/berries you collect.

I did the tests with tamed anklys, it is clear as day that it is based on a diminishing return curve.

I harvest a gold node at 530 melee on an unimprinted ankly. for 140ish ore.

My 100% imprinted 1k melee ankly gets 190 from the same rocks.

SO, once again. More melee = more metal from a second set of tests

20 hours ago, OGCookies said:

5k weight quetz carrying the ankly and you will gather more metal ore than you can fit in an industrial forge each run, so one trip, one empty out, all the metal.

19 hours ago, Insomniak said:

In Xbox pve we have rediculous ankys (your welcome) most of mine have are specced at 1100 weight with 800 melee 200 speed, 90 plus prints.  However, there are diminishing returns after about 500 melee full print with normal nodes. Rich nodes that return has a much higher melee barrier prob 7-800 range but the higher you go, the less return you get per point invested. So realistically it makes more sense to level weight before melee if it will be more efficient for you to carry 3x the weight vs get 10-20 more metal per node if you  do solo metal runs. 

so all your anklys are ruined then? A tribe mate spent 20 points in weight on one of mine, i took it giga hunting as it was more use dead.

No tribe with a quetzal should mine with a weight ankly when a base weight quetz can carry the anklyo + all the ore, it is just inefficient, slow and a waste of farming time.

20 hours ago, OGCookies said:

The furthest my ankly walks is out of its pen onto a loading bay. and back in when we are done with it. Why would i add weight when i can encumber it quicker by increasing melee, therefore increasing the speed of metal runs.

3 hours ago, Saupe said:

This is wrong, the anklyos damage, is a direct modifier to the amount of metal/stone/flint/wood/thatch/berries you collect.

I did the tests with tamed anklys, it is clear as day that it is based on a diminishing return curve.

I harvest a gold node at 530 melee on an unimprinted ankly. for 140ish ore.

My 100% imprinted 1k melee ankly gets 190 from the same rocks.

SO, once again. More melee = more metal from a second set of tests

5k weight quetz carrying the ankly and you will gather more metal ore than you can fit in an industrial forge each run, so one trip, one empty out, all the metal.

so all your anklys are ruined then? A tribe mate spent 20 points in weight on one of mine, i took it giga hunting as it was more use dead.

No tribe with a quetzal should mine with a weight ankly when a base weight quetz can carry the anklyo + all the ore, it is just inefficient, slow and a waste of farming time.

The furthest my ankly walks is out of its pen onto a loading bay. and back in when we are done with it. Why would i add weight when i can encumber it quicker by increasing melee, therefore increasing the speed of metal runs.

Loading and offloading take time as does actual movement between nodes. If you have someone helping you with that every time...sure pump melee only. I fill two forges solo in about hour and a half on 1x because my team is suited to my situation and do well. Depending on where your mining depends which stats to pump so you can't put a blanket statement that you shouldn't add weight, that's really not helping anyone.

Just to clear some things up...

1) The amount of ore you get from a node does not change, only the number of hits it takes to get it.

2) If you are using a quetzal & anky(2people), when the anky hits nodes and fills up, if it has 500weight it will continue to fill up as long as it's rider is hitting nodes (unlimited weight, 300slot cap) however the anky gets continuously heavier meaning the quetzal's weight is the limiting factor even tho it is itself empty. Then you drop the anky beside the forge or storage unit and unload it by hand.In this case, you max meele... 1k+  Is good on officials

3) If you are farming solo, then obviously you need to walk the anky because no one is moving you around(aka no one flying while you swing anky).. in this case you need to balance Meele and Weight...

4) The following quote is completely false.

On 2017-07-24 at 9:19 PM, LameoveR said:

If ankylo has 99 damage he will gather 99 metall in one swipe(node 1hp left)  and 99 on second swipe.

But if ankylo has 100 damage he will gather only 100 metal in one swipe and metal node would be destroyed.

If the node has 100 metal in it, and your first swing gets 93, your second swing gives you the remaining 7. The goal is to 1shot all metal nodes, and to 2shot all metal nugget nodes.

15 minutes ago, Drinkinthepink said:

1) The amount of ore you get from a node does not change, only the number of hits it takes to get it.

WRONG. Tested on official. I got more metal from a higher MD ank. Imprinting damage buff affects the amount of metal you get. I get like 100 while sitting on the ank, imprinter gets 150. 

20 minutes ago, Drinkinthepink said:

2) (...) In this case, you max meele... 1k+  Is good on officials

But why max melee when it doesn't affect the amount of ore?

Wouldn't it be better to put the rest into weight, so you can use the anky for quetz farming AND solo on foot?

Archived