... Im finally done

Bobtheangry
Message added by Jerryn

Locked as OP started new thread and there is no need for two.

1 minute ago, o0oNightmareo0o said:

My dinos only die from lag/dc , but GG

my dinos never ever died from lag/dc.

played through 262 without a dino death. in fact fed all my dinos, travelled around to check out other people's base, wandered into swamp to see if people had made new bears and block the entrance again, wandered into carno island to watch rexes fight it out up close

because I tamed/bred all my dinos so I treasure them a lot more

@Bobtheangry Just wanted to quickly point out that sometimes you have the opposite experience. I play official PvP PC and I started up again a couple months ago, I work a ton and am planning my wedding so I don't play a whole bunch. Recently I went on vacation and after being gone 11 days (I only logged to make sure my stone didn't despawn) and nothing was raided, not even the 6x10 barn halfway in the open I built largely just to see how long it would stay standing on my server.

Some things that I can suggest if you want to give Official PvP another go at some point:

1. Play on a low population server. With transfers this doesn't even cut you off from higher population servers and greatly decreases the opportunity for other players to notice what you're doing. I've come to understand that low population servers are harder to find on consoles than on PC where I play, but if you can find a low population server, that's where you want to be unless you've got a big tribe.

2. Keep your head down on your main server, don't anger anyone and help out others when you can, especially the Alpha tribe if they're present and speak your language. If you want to raid and PvP do it on other servers.

3. Build hidden and small. Having to build cramped bases in out of the way places seemed lame at first, but little satisfies me more in Ark at this point than building a tiny base that has all the function that I need with very few visible sight lines. In my experience though, if you're on a decent low population server where you haven't made major enemies it's mostly about being away from the beach, away from points of interest, and not somewhere blatantly obvious (sitting on the top of a hill).

4. Nothing is permanent in PvP. That's just something you have to accept and will make your play experience better. The goal is trying to move two steps ahead while only getting knocked one back. Most tangible advice on this, when you need more space, don't expand build a new base somewhere else; always be trying to add more bases and caches. When you can, start this process on a second and third server. It's a logistical nightmare, but it makes you MUCH harder to fully wipe. Unless you've got a full time bullet grinder, if someone wants in bad enough, they're getting in. You can't have all of your eggs in one basket in that situation.

Bonus: I did also try unofficial PvP for a while, and they can be AWESOME if you find the right ones (just takes some research). Much more fun, friendly/fair, actual community, and some of the mods out are great as well. It can be like playing a whole different game, and for many people it is playing the version of Ark that they actually want to play. I'm a glutton for punishment so play on officials, but there's definitely nothing wrong with playing on unofficials.

To OP, I see your point about the PVE thing and single player, and get the impression you(or perhaps the tribe) are playing pvp or not playing at all. Seeing as I also get the impression you(and/or your tribe) want to play but are unhappy with the way things are in pvp, I second the other people who recommend trying unofficial servers. Theyre have rates from 1x-1000x, and some are vanilla while most are modded to some degree but the thing that would solve your issue in my opinion is that well maintained servers have rules that are enforced by admins. Some common ones are no wiping(only raid to get the loot and go), no killing passives, etc. Some also have an Offline Raid Protection mod thats superior to the vanilla ORP and usually is configured so everything has 1,000,000 hp in your base and passives are invincible while youre offline. 
    On a side note but still on topic, theres many other things that add to  overall quality of life in ark in unofficial that may in itself make playing much better(Structures+ for example is an amazing mod, fixing a vast number of issues with standard structures and snap points while also adding handy extras(like resource pulling, you can pull any resource from ANY container or dino within its range, so the days of taking ten trips unloading metal from an anky or searching for which vault you put the polymer in are over). at 4200 hours in ark(including my 2nd account) id say 90% of it was in unofficial because of all these things mentioned(and more which are off topic).

tl;dr Of course theres nothing wrong with pve, official pvp, or SP, but I think you and your tribe could very well see a huge improvement with the issues youre having on official by trying a decent unofficial server out. Battlemetrics.com is your friend for finding a good one.

Good luck

7 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

@Bobtheangry Just wanted to quickly point out that sometimes you have the opposite experience. I play official PvP PC and I started up again a couple months ago, I work a ton and am planning my wedding so I don't play a whole bunch. Recently I went on vacation and after being gone 11 days (I only logged to make sure my stone didn't despawn) and nothing was raided, not even the 6x10 barn halfway in the open I built largely just to see how long it would stay standing on my server.

Some things that I can suggest if you want to give Official PvP another go at some point:

1. Play on a low population server. With transfers this doesn't even cut you off from higher population servers and greatly decreases the opportunity for other players to notice what you're doing. I've come to understand that low population servers are harder to find on consoles than on PC where I play, but if you can find a low population server, that's where you want to be unless you've got a big tribe.

2. Keep your head down on your main server, don't anger anyone and help out others when you can, especially the Alpha tribe if they're present and speak your language. If you want to raid and PvP do it on other servers.

3. Build hidden and small. Having to build cramped bases in out of the way places seemed lame at first, but little satisfies me more in Ark at this point than building a tiny base that has all the function that I need with very few visible sight lines. In my experience though, if you're on a decent low population server where you haven't made major enemies it's mostly about being away from the beach, away from points of interest, and not somewhere blatantly obvious (sitting on the top of a hill).

4. Nothing is permanent in PvP. That's just something you have to accept and will make your play experience better. The goal is trying to move two steps ahead while only getting knocked one back. Most tangible advice on this, when you need more space, don't expand build a new base somewhere else; always be trying to add more bases and caches. When you can, start this process on a second and third server. It's a logistical nightmare, but it makes you MUCH harder to fully wipe. Unless you've got a full time bullet grinder, if someone wants in bad enough, they're getting in. You can't have all of your eggs in one basket in that situation.

Bonus: I did also try unofficial PvP for a while, and they can be AWESOME if you find the right ones (just takes some research). Much more fun, friendly/fair, actual community, and some of the mods out are great as well. It can be like playing a whole different game, and for many people it is playing the version of Ark that they actually want to play. I'm a glutton for punishment so play on officials, but there's definitely nothing wrong with playing on unofficials.

Agree with all this, PvP is great and i play it for fun but i really think you have to look at it as something temporary/something just for fun, because sooner or later you WILL lose it. I've built up big bases and gotten attached to dino's onto PvP only to have them completely wiped so i know how it feels. Yes there may be the odd tribe who's managed to stay established from the start but they're few and far between and with the duping thats now going on their days are going to be numbered sooner or later too.

So I primarily play PvE now, this means i can keep all the dino's i'm attached to in 1 place to make it easier to feed and maintain everything and i know when i log on they'll still all be there (within reason). When i feel like getting my fill of PvP i hop onto my PvP server and play like Arksaurio says, hidden and small, don't get too attached to anything, don't let yourself become a target. I don't invest time into a tame/build unless i'm completely prepared to see it wiped off the map next time i'm on.

On 7/15/2017 at 2:35 PM, S7N said:

This is why I play on a PVE server especially the hours put in taming, gathering, breeding and so forth could be gone in a matter of minutes on PVP.

Nah.. playing on PVE does not protect you from bugs... like last time when they altered the food consumption in stasis, and I saw my quetz dying in the front of my eyes due to a food bug (lost 1000 food / minute, regardless how many meat I gave to it)

Or losing a tuso to a single fish bugged in its head or just simply having atamedisappear in a puff of smoke withot any trace  etc etc. 

I can imagine the feeling what ppl feel when their hours/days on official servers wasted in a blink of an eye because of game issues. 

That is the reason why I play on unofficial with elevatd rates... rasing a giga for 2 weeks, waking up in every 3 hours... nah, Im too old for that :D

This game just doesn't do the PVP thing very well. It's niche and draw is epic dino battles, and that just really never happens. If you are not extremely dedicated or part of a giant tribe, you will probably be steamrolled by the time you logged back in. As a PVE sand box though it does a lot of stuff right despite WC's efforts to ruin it.

Lol,  first off stop recommending pve.  For the ones who say I'm not good try growing 20 x plants build them on stone pillars (with no tames)  then once that's done build a base. OH WAIT THERES A ALPHA BASE NEXT TO ME I NEVER SAW UP THE MOUNTAIN.  Lol,  here comes the gigga we all know what happens from there.  Haha,  or just wait till they get offline.  Haha,  there is no good or bad just op tribes.  Haha,  so I get it for sure join a tribe. But all the tribes I've talked ro range 12-14 that cool and all but not when they all scream your ear off.  Haha,  for real though something needs to be added to make a balance 

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, MrDynamicMan said:

Thats part of PvP. Why dont you just play UO or PvE?

lol, I've not heard anyone mention UO in years.  Some good memories.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, Bobtheangry said:

Yeah,  that's not my point though. They're making it to easy for high lvls to take down a low lvl. I mean it's a good idea to have the option to have a engram of a pre made base. That Just like a custom you can add a smithy and a furnace and once placed some where you can add on to this pre made base nitwit will look unique to that one made build giving it more option.. 

As others have said, you'd enjoy PvE.  If you really want PvP then you could look for a new server that is better towards smaller tribes and new folks or better yet find a cluster where the big alphas can't just xfer in and wipe everyone.  Also the game doesn't care too much about level.  You can raid someone's base with grenades and basic stuff you can get quick.  Watch some Kishko streams and how he rolls about on a new server.  Griefers are a bad part of PvP and some are streaming it on twitch, just for views.  Go PvE and enjoy the stuff you spend your time on.

41 minutes ago, Bobtheangry said:

Lol,  first off stop recommending pve.  

OK then, buh bye.  If you missed the Alphas base next to you, then that's on you.  If you spend a ton of time building on a server and taming/breeding and don't get a feel for the Alpha, then your demise is your own doing.  Good luck on your next game.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived