... Im finally done

Bobtheangry
Message added by Jerryn

Locked as OP started new thread and there is no need for two.

Long hours will never pay off. Tames that die in 5mins after taking hours to tame...  If some one feels like flying by and killing your stuff they can.  Tribes 2-3 unless you're really good and have hidden plus turrets already built...  Haha I've gone insane trying every single way to do it the way you should do it.  By the time I reach that I've been raided . The excuse "just because ". Lol, I know the point is to raid and be raided.  But even with a tribe I'm always being raided and my tames always die....  I'm sorry I'm done 

PS.  I think making building easier would make life so much easier...   I mean please something that you can basic tames in for protection. I mean in jersic park they had the container to transport them. Also not just a tent that decays but maybe something more permanent for 3-4 people to fit in with storage.  

Sounds like PvP isn't for you as that is how PvP servers are meant to operate. I used to be on a PvP server for a few months that was pretty relaxed. Then one day I come home and all my tames are dead and a good chuck of the base destroyed. Destroyed what was left to not take up space and quit. Recently I came back to a PvE server and am having a blast. Yes there are other ways to grief and some play time has went in to safeguarding against such behavior, but at least I can't be raided/have dinos killed conventionally. I suggest you find a good PvE server and try again.

Yeah,  that's not my point though. They're making it to easy for high lvls to take down a low lvl. I mean it's a good idea to have the option to have a engram of a pre made base. That Just like a custom you can add a smithy and a furnace and once placed some where you can add on to this pre made base nitwit will look unique to that one made build giving it more option.. 

Just now, Bobtheangry said:

Yeah,  that's not my point though. They're making it to easy for high lvls to take down a low lvl. I mean it's a good idea to have the option to have a engram of a pre made base. 

Join a tribe. Best defense in the game there is. The most lethal PVP'er I know in Ark, is also the nicest/diplomatic guy in Ark and is very good at making friends.....

1 hour ago, Bobtheangry said:

Long hours will never pay off. Tames that die in 5mins after taking hours to tame...  If some one feels like flying by and killing your stuff they can.  Tribes 2-3 unless you're really good and have hidden plus turrets already built...  Haha I've gone insane trying every single way to do it the way you should do it.  By the time I reach that I've been raided . The excuse "just because ". Lol, I know the point is to raid and be raided.  But even with a tribe I'm always being raided and my tames always die....  I'm sorry I'm done 

Sorry to see you go man. You sound like one of the good ones

Doing official pvp myself, I'm having a lot of fun..but definitely don't see it as a long term game type for me. 

I'm taking the float around on a raft and craft stuff as I need it to defend myself...while I secretly hide metal structures around the map. Frustrating though when every 2 hours someone dupes and I lose 20 min of progress. While the tribe at Red Ob has 50 Tek behemoths! 

Such is Ark I suppose, hopefully you will stick around and give pve or player dedicated a shot! 

2 hours ago, Bobtheangry said:

LOL get good, or play pve, this games not for you 

59 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

Join a tribe. Best defense in the game there is. The most lethal PVP'er I know in Ark, is also the nicest/diplomatic guy in Ark and is very good at making friends.....

This, I'm in a 6 man Beta tribe on a PvP server and we're all pretty chilled out guys (and girls), we get on with most on our server and have plenty alliances on others, but get on the wrong side of us and we'll wreck your day without second thought, being ruthless at times is a nessecity of the game, embrace it and play smart, PvP is totally possible as a 1 man, but don't play the 'ginormous base full of tames' game, it'll just get you wrecked 

I wonder if people are opposed to smaller tribe limits and alliances. If it was up to me, I'd have a gather/taming speed/(insert other) ratio set for everyone in the tribe based off the tribes size with a mechanic that prevents multiple smaller tribes from taking advantage of the smaller tribe gather/taming rates and then joining others once they have what they need. 

5x taming for tribes of 1-3, without the ability for such tames to ever be allowed to be claimed once unclaimed. You lose the tames if you merge tribes or exceed a specified tribe limit. Theorycraft other mechanics to prevent exploits. 

from my understanding...

the deal about going into a tribe with strangers on the internet in itself is a huge risk. how do we know if its a good or bad decision?
the first rule in MMO (that I establish myself) is "don't trust anybody". there's no way joining a group of others is going to work well with this rule in ark.

then there is the option of "play single player". if you play minecraft creative mode long enough you'll know this is not for everybody and hardly anyone will last long doing the same thing over and over. the things that excites me while minecraft-ing is new updates and new mods, or someone smart came along and bless the community with a great adventure map. but that's like building a different game using minecraft logic (not sure if this actually counts towards minecraft xD)

then finally "single player tribes". these are the best gaming experience yet (on pve), but you'll get nothing much done. I took about a year to finish the fences of my base. I started about the time dodorex first appeared in 2015. I "completed" it in dec 2016 (still got a whole lot of wooden stuff to be converted into metal. and it's not even furnished.)

5 hours ago, Bobtheangry said:

I wish they would add another PVP game mode, with zone based PVP, large swats or most of the map safe from PVP but some significant areas PVP enabled, making PVP semi optional and not constant.

PVP is definitely not for you, nor do I think WC's dream mode (aka PVP official) will last. ARK's lastability will probably fall right on the unofficial/potential that ARK can be with the customizable figures you can do with your own server. PVP in ARK on official is just trash.

Go try PVE and watch how much more fun you'll have OP. Don't make excuses for PVP official, WC is hell bent on making it suck, so either quit, or try PVE and actually have fun with this game.

5 hours ago, Bobtheangry said:

Bob, you're not done, you're frustrated.....do what I have been doing,  start a Singleplayer game and have some real fun....come back to online after launch , with the fresh servers....

I succesfully played PvP Ark for nearly 2k hours. WC wiped my tribe with one of their updates pretty much (snow biome added, no correct info how far south things were going to get wiped). That's how PvP ended for me.

I was very sceptical when joining my ex-tribe mate from PvP server on a new PVE Center server months later  when the map was released. And  now over 3k hours later I can say PvE is not that bad.. yes you lose PvP bit, but the game is more relaxed and you can actually enjoy it more, surprisingly. PvE allows you to be more creative with structure building and you don't have to craft (or dupe) turrets and gun powder every day.

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived