Reviews

Anaribaluis1

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Salt, everywhere. From youtube to the petty reviews on steam.

You bought a game, early access, and now they changed the price before release and everyone spits the dummy.

Same with all the changes that urged people to make their reviews negative.

I find it rather immature to simply abuse the reviewing feature to make negative reviews because of this, that is of course, if any of those reasons are the reason for the negative reviews. Which, currently looking around, is what the vast majority of them are referring to.

Some people just need the waaaahhhmbulance.

8 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Salt, everywhere. From youtube to the petty reviews on steam.

You bought a game, early access, and now they changed the price before release and everyone spits the dummy.

Same with all the changes that urged people to make their reviews negative.

I find it rather immature to simply abuse the reviewing feature to make negative reviews because of this, that is of course, if any of those reasons are the reason for the negative reviews. Which, currently looking around, is what the vast majority of them are referring to.

Some people just need the waaaahhhmbulance.

I think there is a difference when the game is early access from a year ago and now it's out in less than 30 days with the prices up to $60. I don't care so much about the price or the game changes. But to have the servers constantly down, you can't even walk outside your base with your dinosaurs in fear of losing them to BS. A lot of time can be lost from this. 

4 minutes ago, Rotix said:

I think there is a difference when the game is early access from a year ago and now it's out in less than 30 days with the prices up to $60. I don't care so much about the price or the game changes. But to have the servers constantly down, you can't even walk outside your base with your dinosaurs in fear of losing them to BS. A lot of time can be lost from this. 

Haven't had this problem on the dozens of servers I play on for months, which server is this?

2 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Haven't had this problem on the dozens of servers I play on for months, which server is this?

All of the maps have been having issues. It seems to be groups of them having problems as well as across all platforms. The server goes down but the time doesn't stop. So with being locked out of my Ragnarok map for close to 24hrs... my dinosaurs are starving... it's a tough one to accept. If the servers did stop time then yeah but no they don't. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
10 minutes ago, Rotix said:

You bought it early access, of course the price could change when the full release happens... That's one of the benefits of paying for an early access game.

If the servers are 'constantly down', how can you walk outside of your base to lose them to "BS".

Seriously.

As for the starving issue, all you need to do is have kibble in the trough as well to keep them fed if the main foods run out. Many don't understand this portion of the game, yet are so quick to jump on the hate-train, same as the reviews... It's not that difficult to plan ahead, and make fail-safe measures a capable thing, it's the same with the generators, where they can be switched to turn on when the power goes out.

I'm actually excited for the release for one simple reason.

When it's released, people will have to think of a new excuse to throw out when someone complains about a bug or mishandling of the game. EA is getting old. You'd think this close to release that defense would be nearly obsolete but it seems they are going to milk it to the last second.

2 minutes ago, Rotix said:

All of the maps have been having issues. It seems to be groups of them having problems as well as across all platforms. The server goes down but the time doesn't stop. So with being locked out of my Ragnarok map for close to 24hrs... my dinosaurs are starving... it's a tough one to accept. If the servers did stop time then yeah but no they don't. 

Is it full? Usually if the server hasn't stopped time then it's running and you can join.  Are there anyone else on the server? Which platform?  Our servers seem to be running fine although I did hear from a friend a couple of weeks ago that their server was down for a few hours.

Just now, BubbaCrawfish said:

You bought it early access, of course the price could change when the full release happens... That's one of the benefits of paying for an early access game.

If the servers are 'constantly down', how can you walk outside of your base to lose them to "BS".

Seriously.

I don't care about the freaking price, I've already said that. You can't walk out of your base in fear of servers going down. When they are down, you can't connect but the timer still goes. Let's say your flying on your argy. You D/C. Then when you log in your argy is dead because the time continues and can still be attacked even though the server is "down"

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, Rotix said:

I don't care about the freaking price, I've already said that. You can't walk out of your base in fear of servers going down. When they are down, you can't connect but the timer still goes. Let's say your flying on your argy. You D/C. Then when you log in your argy is dead because the time continues and can still be attacked even though the server is "down"

A lot of times that the servers don't turn up for people, is due to file inconsistencies. The crazy part was last month I lost all my favorites, and My Survivors, simply due to having my profile in steam somehow not working right.

1 minute ago, DeningWei said:

Is it full? Usually if the server hasn't stopped time then it's running and you can join.  Are there anyone else on the server? Which platform?  Our servers seem to be running fine although I did hear from a friend a couple of weeks ago that their server was down for a few hours.

No the servers are not full, this is a KNOWN issue already. This is happening on PC, XBOX, PS4. Server 32 on PC has been down for 22 hours and last week for days. Server 35 is also down, server 60 was WIPED...

A lot of times that the servers don't turn up for people, is due to file inconsistencies. The crazy part was last month I lost all my favorites, and My Survivors, simply due to having my profile in steam somehow not working right.

I'm sorry to hear you lose all of your favorite dinosaurs, that is truly does suck especially to your profile in steam. The servers that are hosted by Nitrado are failing to respond to queries and no one is able to connect or search for these servers. The time still continues. 

2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Seriously.

This happened to me. 'Constantly' more in the way of in intervals, not 24/7. I went out on a wyvern. Didn't know the rollbacks were happening...again. Rolled back to me being in the scar. Lost my wyvern and gear. So yes. Sometimes going off base with your dinos is a gamble, and not just from natural things you should worry about such as an alpha coming to wreck your day. When it's lagging ever 30 seconds and you are trying to gather meat for babies that will die without it and your theriz loses half its health because of major spikes. Before anyone jumps on me, I bred my sharks on Monday, well before the patch day. I know better than to breed that day. They weren't born until last night because of the rollbacks and 17 hour crash.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, Rotix said:

I'm sorry to hear you lose all of your favorite dinosaurs, that is truly does suck especially to your profile in steam. The servers that are hosted by Nitrado are failing to respond to queries and no one is able to connect or search for these servers. The time still continues. 

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I lost nothing... It didn't take me more than 20 minutes to re-add the servers. I searched on server 32, and the player graph doesn't show that it's been down for as long as you claim.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Rotix said:

1 minute ago, Rotix said:

Does that work for ya? Geezus

Did you yourself lodge a ticket, or did you simply hear that someone else did, and sit back waiting for it to be taken care of.

Judging by the way you conduct yourself in this thread and about how people are being about the reviews, I'd guess that the tickets are simply full of angst and rage. In which case, that's not how you should try and get yourself heard.

It's also in how you say which server it is that's down... Did you all say that Official server 32 was down, or did you mention that Ragnarok server 32 was down, as that would lead them to be looking at the wrong server.

Funny how communication and actually being patient can do something, especially when the person who is recieveing your ticket, may not have access to those servers, and may simply check on the first server that you've mentioned, not looked at all servers with that number, trying to find out what server you actually mean...

Which simply comes back to how you address the person that you've submitted this to. If you were calm and actually polite, then maybe someone would spend more time looking at such a thing to 'go the extra mile'.

When you're all "Get your raptoring game working" it hardly makes people want to fix your issue.

Did you yourself lodge a ticket, or did you simply hear that someone else did, and sit back waiting for it to be taken care of.

Judging by the way you conduct yourself in this thread and about how people are being about the reviews, I'd guess that the tickets are simply full of angst and rage. In which case, that's not how you should try and get yourself heard.

It's also in how you say which server it is that's down... Did you all say that Official server 32 was down, or did you mention that Ragnarok server 32 was down, as that would lead them to be looking at the wrong server.

Funny how communication and actually being patient can do something, especially when the person who is recieveing your ticket, may not have access to those servers, and may simply check on the first server that you've mentioned, not looked at all servers with that number, trying to find out what server you actually mean...

Which simply comes back to how you address the person that you've submitted this to. If you were calm and actually polite, then maybe someone would spend more time looking at such a thing to 'go the extra mile'.

When you're all "Get your raptoring game working" it hardly makes people want to fix your issue.

Sigh... you are making a lot of assumptions. It's also not about them "wanting" to fix their own game, it's their job to. I reported the issue through their means and that was it. 

30 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

As for the starving issue, all you need to do is have kibble in the trough as well to keep them fed if the main foods run out. Many don't understand this portion of the game, yet are so quick to jump on the hate-train, same as the reviews... It's not that difficult to plan ahead, and make fail-safe measures a capable thing, it's the same with the generators, where they can be switched to turn on when the power goes out.

Understand this portion of the game?  You mean "the poops broke here is the poopty work around" portion?  Maybe that's why there are so many negative reviews. 

6 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Understand this portion of the game?  You mean "the poops broke here is the poopty work around" portion?  Maybe that's why there are so many negative reviews. 

Apparently we only understand how the game is supposed to work when we should be learning how to adapt to bugs and crashes rather than wanting them to be fixed. Using kibble for food rather than taming. the generator analogy doesn't work here because generators and windmills are supposed to work together. The game was designed that way for when the storms come through. Kibble was added for taming. Not as a failsafe when the game breaks and to be used as an excuse to beat down those who try to play as intended.

18 minutes ago, BeardO said:

8 minutes ago, spangled said:

Apparently we only understand how the game is supposed to work when we should be learning how to adapt to bugs and crashes rather than wanting them to be fixed. Using kibble for food rather than taming. the generator analogy doesn't work here because generators and windmills are supposed to work together. The game was designed that way for when the storms come through. Kibble was added for taming. Not as a failsafe when the game breaks and to be used as an excuse to beat down those who try to play as intended.

Thank you! Finally, people who understand the problems!

Guest BubbaCrawfish
37 minutes ago, Rotix said:

Sigh... you are making a lot of assumptions. It's also not about them "wanting" to fix their own game, it's their job to. I reported the issue through their means and that was it. 

It's their job to do so, maybe, being that they provide a server for you to play on... It doesn't excuse basic politeness, and courtesy when asking for them to do something about something they may not be aware of at the time.

Let alone, be able to do anything about in that same sense.

27 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Nothing broken about making sure your stuff is safe, even if you cannot get online.

16 minutes ago, spangled said:

First off, Crashes, in particular relating to client crashes, are usually caused by file issues.

Second, Using kibble for food, is in many ways cheaper, and a lot more effective than stocking up trough full of things that expire, and end up wasted.

Third, the generator analogy does work, regardless of the windmills. You put 2 on a circuit, stock them up, turn one on, set the other to turn on when the other turns off, and viola! Backup power in the event that the primary runs out. After all, is that not what it was put in for? It's a feature, and it's designed to be used in this manner.

I don't think you understand how this is intended to be played in that you dismiss the kibble and the generator as backups in the event that you, are incapacitated.

7 minutes ago, Rotix said:

Thank you! Finally, people who understand the problems!

Doesn't mean they understand the game itself though, as the above bullet points clarify.

Archived