PSA - check your beehives

geneticbits

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no  idea whats going on with WC atm. I know we have had periods of them being bad before, but this is really taking the biscuit.

They are not replying to ANYTHING about ANYTHING atm. Nada- not even a " we broke stuff bare with us, working on it".

This just shows a complete lack of care of respect for the player base that has pretty much bank rolled this project.

Again another weekend and another broken patch, DC after DC, more broken stuff, more item changes not listed in patch notes...ANYWHERE

4 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

It's THEIR game and the end result is probably going to be good. My advice is bear with it and see what happens at the end. 

Do you consider yourself a part of the community? Do you think that it shouldn't matter what you say or think because it's "THEIR game" ?
Though the information is now dated as it seems...
"  How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“We will have a Trello roadmap at Early Access launch, as well as massive & intense Forum interaction by the development team to gather ideas, feedback, and issues, along with a bi-weekly Q&A / Reddit AMA to involve everyone under the sun who wants to give us their 2 cents on how to make this game everything it can be! Essentially we view ARK's Early Access player community as our primary benefactors -- we're making this game to serve you. Join us on the ARK :)”  " 

Right from the store page... Their early access manifesto.

By staying silent and allowing issues to slide we as the player-base, as a community, do not contribute. They want the game to be the best it can be, I want the game to be the best it can be. The community at large isn't happy with how things have been...neither am I. So I'm gonna give my cents and contribute to helping this game grow. It's fast approaching the release date, and we STILL have communication issues, we STILL have bugs, glitches and all manner of random issues that happen.  If you wanna stay silent about your issues with the development process, that's your right, but those of us that do let the devs know 'HEY you're slacking here, give us feedback as much as we give you' is being an active member in a game that is STILL early access. Nothing I have said falls beyond reasonable criticism of the actions or inaction taken over a given issue. Communication is key to success in any relationship, ours being between us and the devs. I for one choose to communicate my displeasure with the games current state because I find my time of value. I want the game to succeed beyond its early access years, and I'm not gonna stand by on the 'possibility' that the 'end result will be good'. 

4 minutes ago, Rencraft said:

Do you consider yourself a part of the community? Do you think that it shouldn't matter what you say or think because it's "THEIR game" ?
Though the information is now dated as it seems...
"  How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“We will have a Trello roadmap at Early Access launch, as well as massive & intense Forum interaction by the development team to gather ideas, feedback, and issues, along with a bi-weekly Q&A / Reddit AMA to involve everyone under the sun who wants to give us their 2 cents on how to make this game everything it can be! Essentially we view ARK's Early Access player community as our primary benefactors -- we're making this game to serve you. Join us on the ARK :)”  " 

Right from the store page... Their early access manifesto.

By staying silent and allowing issues to slide we as the player-base, as a community, do not contribute. They want the game to be the best it can be, I want the game to be the best it can be. The community at large isn't happy with how things have been...neither am I. So I'm gonna give my cents and contribute to helping this game grow. It's fast approaching the release date, and we STILL have communication issues, we STILL have bugs, glitches and all manner of random issues that happen.  If you wanna stay silent about your issues with the development process, that's your right, but those of us that do let the devs know 'HEY you're slacking here, give us feedback as much as we give you' is being an active member in a game that is STILL early access. Nothing I have said falls beyond reasonable criticism of the actions or inaction taken over a given issue. Communication is key to success in any relationship, ours being between us and the devs. I for one choose to communicate my displeasure with the games current state because I find my time of value. I want the game to succeed beyond its early access years, and I'm not gonna stand by on the 'possibility' that the 'end result will be good'. 

hear hear

1 hour ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Even the smell of this flower makes you slightly angry.

Are you SURE your flowers are gone? Because you still seem pretty pissed.

LOL.

i know they got spoi timers now, but last patch where they fixed flowers and mushroom behavior all mu shrooms where gone from cabinet, i just started collecting them again, now is it like that i cant get into server again as my char is on eu rag 35, and it is down, so cant get back to my main sever to feed dinos and take a look at my rare flowers, it all such balls but what it is only a early access game, so far away from release. WC will fix all the problems before realease.

35 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

It's THEIR game and the end result is probably going to be good. My advice is bear with it and see what happens at the end. 

It's THEIR game excuse is pure horse poop and a stupid straw man, OUR cash paid for this debacle, we are ignored constantly and my advice to WC is to find a good bankruptcy lawyer.

5 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

If I just briefly, considered the years of data accumulated from these forums, I would look at the dev's behavior as being normal for somebody that sees their end goal, and is working towards it.

What does this even mean....?

5 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

Ultimately it's an early access game, and it's THEIR game. They are going to do with it what they want. 

This never gets old. An early access game that is going gold in about a week. Keep using that excuse right up until 11:59pm august 7th.

4 minutes ago, Dezes1 said:

It's THEIR game excuse is pure horse poop and a stupid straw man, OUR cash paid for this debacle, we are ignored constantly and my advice to WC is to find a good bankruptcy lawyer.

You paid for a product that was flawed when you paid for it. They told you that. They told you they were going to fix it. Just because you don't like the fix doesn't mean a lawsuit. 

15 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

What does this even mean....?

This never gets old. An early access game that is going gold in about a week. Keep using that excuse right up until 11:59pm august 7th.

who said they'd release it at 12.00am\00.00 08/08? :)

I reckon it would be 23.59 8/8 instead :)

before that its still EA

Wonderful /s. Yet they still don't respond or actively work on the more important game breaking issues/bugs such as ORP with babies not going to juvenile if all tribe members are offline. Well, at least baby Wyvern's food consumption is supposed to be fixed now (can't try it yet though as the official servers are all seemingly unplayable since the recent major update).

19 hours ago, Rencraft said:

So everyone is aware... if you can get online by some act of god or some other supernatural entity.. check your rare flower stock.
Every rare flower we had in our base is gone, at least any outside of the fridge is gone, too include the 12 stacks that were in our beehive.
They secretly put a timer on them... why is it a secret.. well there is NO MENTION OF IT IN THE PATCH NOTES!!
While I can see the reasoning behind it...to an extent... not allowing your players the chance to head off such an event... like making things that didn't spoil before SUDDENLY spoil... WITHOUT ANY raptorING WARNING... is bad development...its bad PR... it shows that you cannot effectively communicate with your player-base...

To some this may seem like a small thing, but when you add it all together with the many many changes that have come about and the many more to come before release... Recently they changed sweet cakes to require bee honey, prompting us to go out and find bees that before had little use, no problem... Now with the change to the rare flower spoil timer, in which there was no warning to, only those that can gather them in massive quantities or have stored them in something that ups the spoil time is safe. During the time it took to download this patch we lost every flower we had... a whole cabinet gone... coupled with the 40 some-odd boots and crashes off our server... 

Point is! Not allowing your player-base the chance to  contend with a sudden change like this in a timely manner is insulting... I am of course referring to the fact there is ZERO mention of it in any official posting i have found.... not one post... nothing within the notes... Wildcard... what the raptor is going on? If the change is intentional I understand but why did you not give us warning of it? Why is there no mention of it in the patch notes? Why must we now scramble to keep our now important bee hives alive and try desperately to restock on flowers?

Yeah I do have to admit that it is hard to defend them on this one. 

Ah, yes this was quite the lovely surprise... Same thing as with the mushrooms, except nothing needed those to live for us at least. This one could have been ugly though, considering the beehive needs these flowers... Hopefully they don't pull any more fun tricks like that out of the hat, like maybe adding an spoil rate on fertilizer and have them all disappear and kill all the crops, that would have been a nice surprise for sure xD

Just now, ducttapefixeseverything said:

And the new WC paid poster has just become obvious.

When volcano637 says he can't even defend them and they went too far, and you defend?

Yes. Shoo, troll. We recognize you for what you are.

Your .25 cents for your posts have already been deposited.

Fix means make better. Not break a working system. Perhaps instead of screwing around with what works, they could, ya know, fix the unbelievable rubber band and lag.

Or, I know!! Fire the tard that makes these sorts of decisions and use the cash saved to better their DDoS system or maybe go with a better server provider than Nitrado!

Or just not pay you to come here and raptorpost.

Either way, obvious shill is obvious.

Actually, it IS a broken sandbox MMO. That's what happens when you play an early access video game. It sucks - but people like it anyway, and learn to deal with the ups and downs. 

I logged in and figured i better come here to see what's broken since we had an update. Lol.  And thanks to this post I checked my beehive and made a beaver damn run just in time to save it but not sure how long it will last.  The beehive needs to just stop producing honey without flowers not "die".   I'm the only person in my tribe that still plays. This game is grindy enough without changes like these. Pretty much accepted the fact that my snails will be dead in a week or so  without major effort on my part. 

Anyone know how long the flowers last inside the beehive?

Archived