Bye Bye 2x. GG Developers, Always worse!!!!

gerrynaples

Well, we realized that by now the 2x has disappeared. Do you realize what you did and how many players will you lose? Do u realize that peoples have A LIFE and must WORK TOO??

Recently, dear developers, you are so BAD. I am increasingly convinced of uninstalling this game. Too much bad things since 1 mounth.

Bye

The grind in the game is the absolute worst I've seen in an online game. No one wants stuff handed to them. I think everyone can agree on that. A bit of a challenge; yes. But its just continuous and constant with the grinding.

I logged off after the patch because the server was freezing every 5 mins but despite what Jen said about the 1x stone thing, meat gathering was awful. Hours of gathering meat and berries to feed dinos, hours of waiting on gestation time, hours of waiting for a baby to get to juve, hours of taming, hours of farming mats to build, etc. It reminds me of 10 years ago when WoW first hit the market and you had to grind out reps. Tedious and boring. No challenge or reward. Just a huge time sink of repetative processes over and over..like a factory job.

Make stuff a challenge but dont make it a nonstop/endless time sink of grinds..

4 minutes ago, SuperGenki said:

Harvest and leveling feel okay to me. Breed and taming can use some tweaks...overall not that big of a deal if you plan ahead.

What the hell is there to plan ahead? The only planning I have to do with Ark is literally make sure my real life schedule has NOTHING on it for hours:

• Spend 1 to 2 hours farming meat for tamed dinos. I dont even have 500 dinos. We arent talking about someone here with a massive tribe/dinos. With current meat harvesting to fill a number of fridges/feed dinos, we are talking easily 1-2 hours to just farm meat.
  • Spend an hour to 2 hours to farm berries: Bronto, Theriz, whatever, Ive tried them all. Its long and tedious.

Is the tediousness of harvesting food for dinos there to make it just that: tedious to DISCOURAGE people from having large amount of dinos? If not, then whats the point? Keep the long ass breeding, etc stuff to make it challenging I guess if you will, but what on earth does low harvest of meat/berries bring? Whats the point?

8 minutes ago, Thexone said:

If they are done with 2x I'm not thrilled but it doesn't bother me much. I grinded out an existence on Ark long before they started 2X events and I'll keep going without it.   It never made sense to me to have it every weekend.  Basically encouraging player to only play during the weekends. 

More like it made the grind actually bearable and reasonable on the weekend

14 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

What the hell is there to plan ahead? The only planning I have to do with Ark is literally make sure my real life schedule has NOTHING on it for hours:

• Spend 1 to 2 hours farming meat for tamed dinos. I dont even have 500 dinos. We arent talking about someone here with a massive tribe/dinos. With current meat harvesting to fill a number of fridges/feed dinos, we are talking easily 1-2 hours to just farm meat.
  • Spend an hour to 2 hours to farm berries: Bronto, Theriz, whatever, Ive tried them all. Its long and tedious.

Is the tediousness of harvesting food for dinos there to make it just that: tedious to DISCOURAGE people from having large amount of dinos? If not, then whats the point? Keep the long ass breeding, etc stuff to make it challenging I guess if you will, but what on earth does low harvest of meat/berries bring? Whats the point?

I have around 220ish dinos and it takes me between 20-30 mins to feed them using Rex and Bronto. That's Herbs, carnos, cake eaters and pescatarians. If I do a full meat run and fill all fridges it could be doubled and I will have raw/cooked meat stored if I don't have time to hunt or want to hatch something. You do not have to feed every day.

On the other hand breeding and taming times are not so good, which is why (yes) planning to do that at a time it's convenient is best.

27 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

I feel you brother, the 1.5 and the 2x events are a godsend and make a huge difference on the weekends after a long work week, the last thing I want to do is feel like I have another full time job playing Ark...

I spend the first 1-2 hours of my nightly play time gathering food to feed dinos and base upkeep monday-friday. Dinos that aren't even moving lose 1/4 of their Food stat daily now. Huge difference from before. I worry more about my dinos and babies starving to death more than I worry about Bosses and Cave runs. This isn't fun, this is called STRESS.

Ark: Grinding Evolved

42 minutes ago, Chewytowel said:

According to Jen the only thing that changed is you now get 1 stone when you pick up a stone instead of 2.  Everything else is the same as it was before.

Where can I see what Jen about this? If it is just the picking up 1 stone but the harvesting is still the same 2x as we used to call it before it became standard, so how can the rest of the harvesting be the same and not set to a lower rate?

3 minutes ago, QuantumReaper said:

they made this game permanent 2x than adjusted rates so much they might as well kept the old harvest rates with 1x . everything feels like a grind again. this game is ruined so far, and i dont see how a a full release next month is going to fix anything with the devs track record. 

oh they will release it...fresh and proper...first step to clear servers from old players....so new innocent players can start, and tell everyone, how fine and smooth this game runs :P

5 minutes ago, Dottie78 said:

oh they will release it...fresh and proper...first step to clear servers from old players....so new innocent players can start, and tell everyone, how fine and smooth this game runs :P

And when they do that the dupers will do what they always do and dominate the servers again within a day :(

1 minute ago, KingDavido said:

And when they do that the dupers will do what they always do and dominate the servers again within a day :(

even a wipe wouldn´t change much...tbh a big tribe knowing the game, will take over a server in a short amount of time....even with the "old" farming rates :(

but with all the problems, just now hitting again with this patch, probably they gonna rly destroy their own game...release on 8.8.2017....if it will happen...i will grap

my popcorn and watch the poopshow :D

59691c047b924_ReducingTamingandgatheringbacktotheoldx1ARKSurvivalEvolvedGeneralDiscussions.thumb.png.ac639683f8b1cadbaffcba77f0614932.png

50 minutes ago, KingDavido said:

Where can I see what Jen about this? If it is just the picking up 1 stone but the harvesting is still the same 2x as we used to call it before it became standard, so how can the rest of the harvesting be the same and not set to a lower rate?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1457328927835309080/#c1457328927835338965 

43 minutes ago, QuantumReaper said:

they made this game permanent 2x than adjusted rates so much they might as well kept the old harvest rates with 1x . everything feels like a grind again. this game is ruined so far, and i dont see how a a full release next month is going to fix anything with the devs track record. 

Waaat? 1x now 0.5X, so 2X is the old 1X? :D

• Administrator

Just to clarify, the 2x default rates are still in. Stone was changed for immersion reasons, picking up 1 stone, gives you 1 stone and any other case of this previously and going forward will also be the same too. However, harvesting other items, bushes, trees, etc; you'll see that the rates are still in effect.

1 hour ago, Thexone said:

If they are done with 2x I'm not thrilled but it doesn't bother me much. I grinded out an existence on Ark long before they started 2X events and I'll keep going without it.   It never made sense to me to have it every weekend.  Basically encouraging player to only play during the weekends. 

what a mystery its almost as if people have to work or something? and theres this brief period called a "weekend" that we rather not waste entirely on 1 game...

Archived