Post-nerf ptera hatch stats

xSpitfire

Not able to post elsewhere but I'm curious to know what are good or currently best stats on hatch right now for pteranodons.

I'm on ps4 and my pteras are currently hatching at:

Health: 2305

Stam: 562

Melee: 422

I'm missing a good weight stat, its just around 200..

I'm struggling to find others with betters stats so that's why I'm asking what are good stats.

33 minutes ago, tidalblade said:

Well a ptera with 650 base stam has roughly 67 points in stam, where a rex with 485 base melee has 77 points in melee.  So there is no reason a ptera COULDN'T have that much base stam on official, since rexs' have stats that are 10 points higher on official.  

That's what you hostile dork.

Plus mutations add into the equation..

It is absolutely possible to have stam that high on hatching, all you have to do is find a wild Ptera 150 level or high level, which has some rubbish stats which frees up more point to RNG into stamina.  If you get a wild Ptera with say, bad weight, melee and HP, but really good stam (with minimal points wasted in "movement speed"), then you can then use that wild tame to breed the high stam stat into your bloodline.  That is the best way to quickly get high hatch levels for babies.  Finding isolated stats and breeding in that stat is a good methodical way to breed.  Although having a Ptera with all average stats and some good ones is a good a starting point for breeding, you want to find ones with poor stats and one or two really high stats, to get the higher level babies at hatching.  Its all RNG for the wild Ptera, so just need to knock out and tame a lot of high levels until you get the high stats you need for each stat slot.

@Cataclisto you can still have wasted points "spent" on movement speed for wild tamed dinos, those points are just lost, so you could have a 150 perfect tame Ptera, but actually with really bad stats as say 40 points have been "spent" on movement speed and they are lost upon tame completed.  So although high starting level, the actual stats are rubbish compared to a wild tame that has 0 point "spent" on movement speed upon taming out.  Its all RNG.

Good luck all with the breeding.

1 hour ago, M4CNIV said:

so you could have a 150 perfect tame Ptera, but actually with really bad stats as say 40 points have been "spent" on movement speed and they are lost upon tame completed.  So although high starting level, the actual stats are rubbish compared to a wild tame that has 0 point "spent" on movement speed upon taming out.  Its all RNG.

Wait, what? Wild pteras have points spent in speed... and then they lose them on tame completion? That would mean ptera loses lvls as lvl are representation of stat lvl ups...

So either I misunderstand or...

• 1 month later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, M4CNIV said:

You can still have points lost to movement speed on flyers for initial taming or tame efficiency points allocated to speed and thus lost to RNG. The nerf just meant you can not level speed any more than the "default" speed assigned to each flyer type. Tidalblade is incorrect

Actually @tidalblade is correct.

Archived