"New Content"

Lumitesi

1 minute ago, lvirusl said:

It doesn't make any sense why they are trying to do it that way. No man's sky had that same thought "lets focus on the singleplayer aspect of this online game". A lot of good that did them. Most refunded game in history.

Many games focus on their singleplayer aspect of the game before their online. You named one game that it didn't work for. It makes complete sense why they are patching singleplayer before their disc submission, and before they get to patches all of the issues with online. It may not make sense to you, but to other it makes complete sense. Plus, ARK isn't just a "online game" like I said before. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Zuesneith said:

Many games focus on their singleplayer aspect of the game before their online. You named one game that it didn't work for. It makes complete sense why they are patching singleplayer before their disc submission, and before they get to patches all of the issues with online. It may not make sense to you, but to other it makes complete sense. Plus, ARK isn't just a "online game" like I said before. 

You are right its not just an online game but how many twitch streams do you see of SP, or how about Youtube, steamcast? Most of their player base plays either PvP or PvE. It doesn't need to make sense to someone or anyone, its all numbers why would you support the minority of your users and not the majority? That's poor planning and is a giant risk that they are taking from a business standpoint.

4 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

You are right its not just an online game but how many twitch streams do you see of SP, or how about Youtube, steamcast? Most of their player base plays either PvP or PvE. It doesn't need to make sense to someone or anyone, its all numbers why would you support the minority of your users and not the majority? That's poor planning and is a giant risk that they are taking from a business standpoint.

But the thing is that they are supporting both ends. How many updates were focused on multiplayer before they even started doing so many patches to singleplayer the last several months. A lot of it was geared towards multiplayer. They need singleplayer to be wrapped up first so that they can submit their disc for console versions of the game. Then they will do multiplayer. You will still get your fixes for multiplayer, but not until they finish submitting their disc version of the game. They are not the only ones to do it that way. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty more updates by release for people who buy the disc will have to update the game as soon as they put the game in their system. I still don't see how its poor planning or a giant risk. Please explain that part better. 

32 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

It doesn't make any sense why they are trying to do it that way. No man's sky had that same thought "lets focus on the singleplayer aspect of this online game". A lot of good that did them. Most refunded game in history.

it makes a lot of sense from the standpoint of the single player facet is the foundation that everything else is built on

if that's working great, then everything else becomes easier

if the foundation is shaky, it's going to impact the stability of the rest of the game

Well, the 2 skin were originally made using a computer then ported to the ps4 as a timed exclusive(for the rex skin at least), so no it's not new content, it's delayed content.

I couldn't care less, all i am waiting for is optimization  so i can bump back my graphic to high/epic and stay in the 40fps, like i used to be able to do before (the 4k texture patch long time ago destroyed my "playability", fps went from 35-40 fps to 8-22fps) and not play on medium/high graph with 35fps ( with 30 second freeze here and there) like i am right now.

23 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

focusing on the bones of the game supports every single player playing the game...not the minority

3 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

focusing on the bones of the game supports every single player playing the game...not the minority

That's great except many of the major problems only affect multiplayer, stuff like duping, character loss on transfer, weapon and dino balance in PvP, PvE glitches that allow people to steal items and dinos from players.

4 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

it makes a lot of sense from the standpoint of the single player facet is the foundation that everything else is built on

if that's working great, then everything else becomes easier

if the foundation is shaky, it's going to impact the stability of the rest of the game

See above

8 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

If only Fallout4 had concentrated on multiplayer, so many people would have not refunded it...

...oh wait...

No Man's Sky failed because it is a boring freaking game. Like...every part of it. 

I hope you're trolling if not I feel sorry for you. Fallout 4 was never meant to have a multiplayer so no wonder they only focused on singleplayer.

15 minutes ago, Zuesneith said:

But the thing is that they are supporting both ends. How many updates were focused on multiplayer before they even started doing so many patches to singleplayer the last several months. A lot of it was geared towards multiplayer. They need singleplayer to be wrapped up first so that they can submit their disc for console versions of the game. Then they will do multiplayer. You will still get your fixes for multiplayer, but not until they finish submitting their disc version of the game. They are not the only ones to do it that way. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty more updates by release for people who buy the disc will have to update the game as soon as they put the game in their system. I still don't see how its poor planning or a giant risk. Please explain that part better. 

Lets see you release a game on steam that is tagged "multiplayer, MMO, Survival, Online" Then release said game and online functions like a toddler on meth trying to perform trigonometry. And you don't think the end user would get mad when said game makes them angry from all the crashes, game breaking exploits, and poor performance. What is said user to do besides rate it poorly and/or refund the game.  

That's great except many of the major problems only affect multiplayer, stuff like duping, character loss on transfer, weapon and dino balance in PvP, PvE glitches that allow people to steal items and dinos from players.

true enough...but again, if your foundation isn't solid, most other bugs won't be fully fixable because you have other factors contributing

and the fixes to the major issues, are likely going to require fundamental code changes and hooks before they can be fully addressed, and I can't imagine they aren't setting some of that up while they're doing work on the core of the game

Let's get real -- the skins are not new content. They are delayed content. This isn't even to mention the fact that the Bionic Giga skin has been released as a mod since the end of last year. The rex skin is new, but really is a much more lackluster version of the Giga skin. I do appreciate it, it's just not new content.

If they really wanted to get me excited, they would have released the other tek skins, like the quetz and raptor, instead of using them as a carrot to reel in console players. A slap to the face to the PC crowd that has been around since early access, but I know they don't care. 

If you want a garbage game company try the one controlling bungie and Destiny lol.

Now they can't just fix these bugs overnight so those big ones like duping and dinos disappearing will take longer than others. Even after release they will still do fixes and balancing so chill out or go code for them. 

I swear I hear more complains than constructive criticism and it's making my tolerance for stupid people low.

Now for 262 (259 xbox) I hope they can fix an issue with older dedi servers that has world save crashes and possibly a 3 to 5 save back up for corrupted savefiles that plauges dedicated servers.

Just now, SwishPapaSweets said:

If you want a garbage game company try the one controlling bungie and Destiny lol.

Now they can't just fix these bugs overnight so those big ones like duping and dinos disappearing will take longer than others. Even after release they will still do fixes and balancing so chill out or go code for them. 

I swear I hear more complains than constructive criticism and it's making my tolerance for stupid people low.

Now for 262 (259 xbox) I hope they can fix an issue with older dedi servers that has world save crashes and possibly a 3 to 5 save back up for corrupted savefiles that plauges dedicated servers.

These bugs have existed for almost two years. Its not like they just showed up recently. The time for chilling has long past. Psst 24 days left on the clock...

These bugs have existed for almost two years. Its not like they just showed up recently. The time for chilling has long past. Psst 24 days left on the clock...

Yes I'm aware of those 2 year bugs but if they tried fixing them when they had to add the content it would have came back a future patch so it makes sence they just starting to fix them because they can now focus all their attention to bug fixes. Adding stuff will always break a game like fallout or Minecraft so can't fix all bugs til that parts done. 

5 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

Yes I'm aware of those 2 year bugs but if they tried fixing them when they had to add the content it would have came back a future patch so it makes sence they just starting to fix them because they can now focus all their attention to bug fixes. Adding stuff will always break a game like fallout or Minecraft so can't fix all bugs til that parts done. 

To my knowledge the way that ceilings and foundations function has not change since I started playing this game since it released. Yet people and dinos still disappear into them. That bug has been there from the start. Future content has nothing to do with the way that functioned. Ground meshes, collisions detection, building placement destruction glitches, item loading priorities especially when it comes to pvp viewing distance, there are many things that could be worked on that don't get affected by new content. When they add new blocks in minecraft the old blocks don't suddenly stop working.

4 hours ago, Voidstar said:

they are 2 skins man. that s not new content.

new content could be: new dino, new weapon, new structure, new mechanic, new map,

YOU SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THAT THOSE 2 SKINS ARE CONTENT ADDED? my god

But skins ARE content.  

content2
ˈkɒntɛnt/
noun
noun: content; plural noun: contents
  1. the things that are held or included in something.
    "she unscrewed the top of the flask and drank the contents"

Looks like skins are held or included within this patch.  And its new to PC unless you want me to look up the definition of "new" just in case?

You managed to read the tweet quite fine but did you read the previous notes saying that the game is now content complete except for a few minor things and some post launch content? 

All I am reading is "waaaah waaah not enough new toys waah"

They are getting on with what they said they are going to do.  Maybe instead of over-hyping yourself you can go back to complaining about how bugs need fixing?

1 minute ago, Voidstar said:

after your logic, a bug fix is also content. you are braindead.seek help

the man said it wrong. this patch has only bug fixes. I was not crying for content, i was pointing out that he should not give misleading or false tweets, cause it angers the community even more.

You are exactly that type of useless forum mollusk which tells other people that they are whining. that s all your species can do. 0% useful. 0% contribution. 100% wasted internet space.

Yeah bug fixes would be included as content too except Jat already mentioned bug fixes separately and in the context of his tweet new content is content other than bug fixes, i.e. Skins.

I'm sorry that you don't understand your native language correctly.  I can provide you with definitions or there is always this:

https://www.amazon.com/Merriam-Webster-Dictionary/dp/087779930X

I spent 500+ hours on SOTF for the skin, earned in SOTF but never got it in the base game. How can the developers just do this to people when they spend so much time to earn the skin and never get it in the base game when it clearly says you can? Wildcard studios just does not care for the people who put their time into the game, they just wanted to make things easy for themselves and screw the rest of the people who played SOTF. I am officially done playing Ark after 1600+ hours on the base game.

Archived