"New Content"

Lumitesi

So a few days ago, the mad man posted this:

Today I check the patch notes expecting new stuff like maybe the Rex re-model or a decent trough that isn't completely blocked off from 99% of the game population, yet all I see are minor bug fixes (that I'd say most won't even notice), a couple of decent, noticeable changes (the number of Arthros in swamp cave was ridiculous) and ZERO new content. So are we at the point where minor, unimportant bug fixes and sound changes are considered "content"? Or is it just the usual Jeremy hyping everyone up and the NOT delivering? I mean, Jat, get the man off his Twitter account for christ's sake!

Also, off-topic but related, when are you guys actually going to fix game-breaking and important bugs? Because yes you've been fixing alot of bugs lately but I think most would agree you're "forgetting" all the important and impactfull ones. The game releases in one month and to be honest it feels like it's in Alpha still.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GP said:

The Bionic Giga and Rex are new content for some platforms, particularly PC.

this is above pathetic I am sure you are aware of it too. It s not even "new".

I think if the ark dev team had no acces to twitter we would have no more problems with patch notes, patches etc. Since they rarely bother to comment when servers are down for half a day or more, we won t lose much from their twitter prohibition.

edit: they should ve jsut said" new patch, fixes, wait for it to appear, no eta"

Well to be fair, and to support the devs a little here. When you are programming and adding 1 line, that will in most cases mess up another line of codes.

So I do understand the devs dealing with the biggest bugs right at the end before game goes "live".

If you fix the biggest issue now, then fix the small ones there is a bigger chance that the biggest fixes will be messed up.

21 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Holy poop, with this crying all the time. Wheee wheee fix that whee dont fix that wheee.

Jezzz... wait until the game releases and then cry your heart out. What is constructive about nagging like a baby all the freaking time...

Its kind of the whole point of the testing phase of the game. Find bugs and point them out so they are fixed by release. Jeezzzz..... L2Test

45 minutes ago, GP said:

The Bionic Giga and Rex are new content for some platforms, particularly PC.

ok fair enough, but on console what's the new content? Mods always "defending" devs instead of thinking a little for themselves and speaking without bias. Jeremy lied once again and over-hyped people once again. That's the real issue here. Actually, I'd say hundreds of posts complaining would be avoided if the man could just keep his fingers from typing into twitter.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Lumitesi said:

ok fair enough, but on console what's the new content? Mods always "defending" devs instead of thinking a little for themselves and speaking without bias. Jeremy lied once again and over-hyped people once again. That's the real issue here. Actually, I'd say hundreds of posts complaining would be avoided if the man could just keep his fingers from typing into twitter.

The tweet from Jeremy was about Patch v262 right? So a PC Patch. That content is new to PC.

Does Xbox have the Bionic Giga yet?

6 minutes ago, GP said:

But that won't give their survivor the skin on their server I don't think. It will only give them the skin on single player.

If it's achievement related like the other skins, people have been going on private servers and cheating to get the achievements, it still carries over to official etc

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, GP said:

It may not be "new" as in no-one knew about it before, but it is "new" to PC as PC has never had either of them before.

Giga one was obtainable by getting ranked in SOTF so technically not "new"; simply obtainable on a different way. Stop trying to find excuses, Jeremy hyped new contents and there is none.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, invincibleqc said:

Giga one was obtainable by getting ranked in SOTF so technically not "new"; simply obtainable on a different way. Stop trying to find excuses, Jeremy hyped new contents and there is none.

The Giga skin was not obtainable via SOTF. Ask anyone who reached 200 wins did they receive Bionic Giga skin in SE? No. Could they use skin in SOTF? No. Therefore it is new to PC.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

There's been no mention that it is achievement related.

- New Achievement: TheCenter Guardians Achievement for defeating its bosses

- After Alpha Ascension, you should have access to the Rex Bionic Skin. After Defeating TheCenter End Bosses, on any difficulty, you should have access to the Giga Bionic Skin.

I'm going to assume it works like every other skin/achievement, but could be wrong.

9 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

If it's achievement related like the other skins, people have been going on private servers and cheating to get the achievements, it still carries over to official etc

It does not always work. Looking at Rangarok discord right now, some people are having issues with it

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, GP said:

The Giga skin was not obtainable via SOTF. Ask anyone who reached 200 wins did they receive Bionic Giga skin in SE? No. Could they use skin in SOTF? No. Therefore it is new to PC.

I don't have to ask anyone, because I honestly don't care. They hyped contents, there is none. Skins != content. You know it. Very simple. Argue with someone else, I move on. Have fun.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

- New Achievement: TheCenter Guardians Achievement for defeating its bosses

- After Alpha Ascension, you should have access to the Rex Bionic Skin. After Defeating TheCenter End Bosses, on any difficulty, you should have access to the Giga Bionic Skin.

I'm going to assume it works like every other skin/achievement, but could be wrong.

Hmm, I guess we'll find out soon. Interesting. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't have to ask anyone, because I honestly don't care. They hyped contents, there is none. Skins != content. You know it. Very simple. Argue with someone else, I move on. Have fun.

Oh I'm not arguing. Skin IS content. PC has never had the two bionic skins, ala new content.

Archived