- Dragon boss no longer present on TheCenter.........!

iFreecell

- Dragon boss no longer present on TheCenter

title sais it all....

v262 is making bosses even more ridiculous

Many people play on Center, Ragnarok, Scorched, not everyone has time to have a giant base to hold rexes and flyers etc safely on TheIsland.

By doing this you're forcing many people to play on multiple servers or dont do tek worth it.

I can understand if this were a give and take situation. Dual Boss on Center getting an increase is Element? maybe more engrams? instead now i have to make sure our Center base is super fortified, then send everything to Island and make a super secure base that wont get hit randomly...

my hopes were high with this patch, i was hoping each boss would be available on center, instead its the opposite. I'm honestly more depressed than mad. its frustrating.

Note: Dual Boss didnt need to be nerfed, it was actually way easier than most stuff with 15 rexes. It was just never worth it due to the low amount of element and the 4 engrams total for gamma-alpha.

#NeverGonnaAscend

#MegatribeOnlyTekCaves

#ThanksWC

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am playing on the center. I usually go boss like 5-10 times a day, but since after the patch 261, need 6 artifacts for easy dual boss. so I went to easy dragon a lot. 

but remove the dragon on center? its insane. how can people on the center farm the elements? 6 artifacts for 16elements? its unfair. but we shd go dual boss cuz theres no other option. 

its hard to do Tek on the center boss anymore

i agree. removing dragon from center is total BS. instead of giving more stuff on which center players can work, the list is now even shorter. but hey, its not just they removed positive stuff with this patch, they added fog and other great stuff on center, like FOG and darker nights, which we all needed. now we finaly cant see where we r flying, i was crying for that. screw tek cave on center, give us a fog.

this game is beyond ridiculous now and after 3k hours i finaly think its time for damn break

I find the whole way the game is treated completely differently on The Center, and especially Scorched Earth to be bizarre! Like, do you want people to play these other maps? Do you want people to pay for Scorched and other future DLC's?

Coz right now, I'd probably not buy a DLC, just because they seem to choose pretty arbitrarily which map is going to get cool stuff (hint; it's basically always The Island, which has by far the worse performance for me).

For instance I like Ragnarok, looks beautiful; but what's the point in playing on it long term aside from taming a Griffin? "Just transfer!" Except not every server is a cluster and literally look at the state of Wildcard's friggin' servers!

I like The Center, as a multiplayer map I feel it's far superior to The Island (slightly less ideal post flyer nerf). Except you get to this boss arena once you've bred and trained 20 rexes.... and you get NOTHING. Not quite literally nothing, but essentially nothing; 95 element instead of 300, A THIRD as much! You can unlock a whole 17 of the 42+ tekgrams, sweet reward; can't wait!

Now for the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE, the PINNACLE of your survivor's story in ARK; ascension! "Oh, what's that? You fancied playing a different map?..... Well no ascension for you buddy, only end game on The Island m8!

It just kinda seems like they're cannibalizing the urge for other new (potentially paid) maps by locking SO MUCH of that general end game content behind what map you're playing on, WEIRD.

38 minutes ago, thedogowl said:

I find the whole way the game is treated completely differently on The Center, and especially Scorched Earth to be bizarre! Like, do you want people to play these other maps? Do you want people to pay for Scorched and other future DLC's?

Coz right now, I'd probably not buy a DLC, just because they seem to choose pretty arbitrarily which map is going to get cool stuff (hint; it's basically always The Island, which has by far the worse performance for me).

For instance I like Ragnarok, looks beautiful; but what's the point in playing on it long term aside from taming a Griffin? "Just transfer!" Except not every server is a cluster and literally look at the state of Wildcard's friggin' servers!

I like The Center, as a multiplayer map I feel it's far superior to The Island (slightly less ideal post flyer nerf). Except you get to this boss arena once you've bred and trained 20 rexes.... and you get NOTHING. Not quite literally nothing, but essentially nothing; 95 element instead of 300, A THIRD as much! You can unlock a whole 17 of the 42+ tekgrams, sweet reward; can't wait!

Now for the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE, the PINNACLE of your survivor's story in ARK; ascension! "Oh, what's that? You fancied playing a different map?..... Well no ascension for you buddy, only end game on The Island m8!

It just kinda seems like they're cannibalizing the urge for other new (potentially paid) maps by locking SO MUCH of that general end game content behind what map you're playing on, WEIRD.

well besides the ascension tek cave, does ragnarok miss anything else that the others have? I mean ragnarok in ti s current state is bigger, has more ressources, better scattered looks better and well yeah has some "new creatures"

As far as I know you can kill all bosses even manticore but i might be mistaken

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Center is still only a badly made mod map.

Dude.. the Island in crap compared to the Center even with all this love devs give to the Island and all the neglect the Center gets every time. Yes the Center needs some polishing like nicer caves, tek cave, dragon arena (caves were crap on the island before, but with some effort they made them nice).

SE is even worse than the Island. In peak times population 5... numbers say it all... all that support from the devs and community says NO. Main issue I have with this map is no flat places to build. yes we can build on pillars but we all know how buggy and glitchy this game in when it comes to pillars, have fun keeping your i.e. thylas on ceilings. Other than that, it's a very boring map.

Ragnarok on the other hand is very good imho. It's popularity is not a surprise.

13 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

Is that confirmed for 262 patch?

Currently in 261.2 you still can do Dragon on the Center.

I only have one question to the devs. Why?

I honestly don't know why they would do this, but it doe's point to something which is currently the case in single player. I am just speculating at this point, but it would suggest that the Center map will become a progression element of the game after ascension on the island on official, as is the case in single player atm. Which begs the question why so ?

3 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

Dude.. the Island in crap compared to the Center even with all this love devs give to the Island and all the neglect the Center gets every time. Yes the Center needs some polishing like nicer caves, tek cave, dragon arena (caves were crap on the island before, but with some effort they made them nice).

SE is even worse than the Island. In peak times population 5... numbers say it all... all that support from the devs and community says NO. Main issue I have with this map is no flat places to build. yes we can build on pillars but we all know how buggy and glitchy this game in when it comes to pillars, have fun keeping your i.e. thylas on ceilings. Other than that, it's a very boring map.

Ragnarok on the other hand is very good imho. It's popularity is not a surprise.

I don't speak about a subjective attraction to the appearance of the map. I'm talking about the technical side. Bad dino spawns, dinos regularly spawning in bases. Dinos spawning mid-air on base roofs and so on.

And if you dislike SE; don't say it's a fact that everyone dislikes it. SE is my favourite map for example.

11 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

has more ressources, better scattered looks better and well yeah has some "new creatures"

As far as I know you can kill all bosses even manticore but i might be mistaken

Oooo didn't realise that, nice! The resource thing wasn't really a point I was making, I agree it looks nice though! Begs the question, WHY; why is it only The Center that people get screwed over with TEK then, what's the point in making it an official DLC, then not giving it swathes of the official content !?

5 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I don't speak about a subjective attraction to the appearance of the map. I'm talking about the technical side. Bad dino spawns, dinos regularly spawning in bases. Dinos spawning mid-air on base roofs and so on.

Yeah the spawns S U C K, but they're doing something right compared to The Island; I probably average like 10-25 extra FPS on The Center (as of about a month ago)! I was genuinely shocked how poorly performing The Island was when I upgraded GPU whilst playing on The Center, then went back to The Island armed with said GPU.

I had expected close to a solid 60fps in the wild like I got on the Center, but nooooo, framerate all over the place! (exaggeration  probably like 40-60fps from 50+!)

I just wonder why they made this change on The Center....

The dargon was the ONLY option to earn proper amount of elements, comparable to The Island. Not to mention critical TEK engrams. Since the patch notes does not mention any other change, I assume most of the TEK engrams are not earnable on THe Center plus element earning on the Duo boss remained laughable.

@evilmrfrank @Jat Could you please shed some light why the removal of Dragon was necessary on The Center BEFORE making the available bosses in par with the other maps in terms of elements earning AND engram availability?

The logic Jat gave on reddit is essentially that they don't want the maps to be clones of each other, that TheIsland is the map they envision as the core Ark experience, etc.

Kind of a poop explanation, IMO.  They've already reduced all the other maps to second class by not including Ascension within them, no real reason to cripple them further.

And if they want The Island to be the only legitimate way to ay Ark, then they need to stop calling Scorched Earth, The Center, and Ragnarok "official" maps.

@thedogowl I think they jsut don t care about the center anymore. ragnarok, besides teh ascension cave, is a sum of all the content + improvements.

My opinion is they will just focus on making ragnarok ok and then on new either free or paid maps

The island was a mere testing ground, and center a slightly improved island.

I have no problem with this decision. 

We were thinking of starting to do Dragon on center also. For one reason, more materials to farm for crafting x4 easier than the Island.

If the Center has all the things that the Island has with x4 the materials available for building, why would anyone even want to play on the Island?

Jat on the Matter:

"The decision wasn't take lightly. Overall, for the feel of the game itself, we want The Island to be the "all in one" experience. It's the first place that most players will go and they will then see everything that the game has to offer. Therefore our decision to remove The Dragon arena was because we didn't want the other maps to be a clone or a reskin of The Island, but instead provide something extra or be a new experience when you get to the end game. However we do acknowledge that for the online game, it's possible a player will pick a random map and we'll be looking into making sure that if someone randomly plays the Center or Ragnarok that they're still able to obtain the core game play items, even if they aren't able to see "everything" that is part of the main story. We certainly understand the valid complaints regarding TEK Tier and how it can be obtained from The Center, and this is something we're discussing internally to resolve for the online version of the game."

5 hours ago, Shoosty said:

The logic Jat gave on reddit is essentially that they don't want the maps to be clones of each other, that TheIsland is the map they envision as the core Ark experience, etc.

Kind of a poop explanation, IMO.  They've already reduced all the other maps to second class by not including Ascension within them, no real reason to cripple them further.

And if they want The Island to be the only legitimate way to ay Ark, then they need to stop calling Scorched Earth, The Center, and Ragnarok "official" maps.

well.. it is just as irritating logic when they say the TEK cave WONT be implemented on Center, because the map is NOT canonic. Not beacuse they either lazy or dont care about the map anymore...

Add the fact you CANNOT transfer half of the items between the maps (only the artifacts), and there you go - the people playing on center are PENALIZED to play there. 

4 hours ago, Palenor said:

I have no problem with this decision. 

We were thinking of starting to do Dragon on center also. For one reason, more materials to farm for crafting x4 easier than the Island.

If the Center has all the things that the Island has with x4 the materials available for building, why would anyone even want to play on the Island?

Well... because some people prefer island over center still? On our cluster, currently the most people playing on Ragnarok, the Island and Center is the least popular. BEFORE the bossing was nerfed on it...

3 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

Jat on the Matter:

"The decision wasn't take lightly. Overall, for the feel of the game itself, we want The Island to be the "all in one" experience. It's the first place that most players will go and they will then see everything that the game has to offer. Therefore our decision to remove The Dragon arena was because we didn't want the other maps to be a clone or a reskin of The Island, but instead provide something extra or be a new experience when you get to the end game. However we do acknowledge that for the online game, it's possible a player will pick a random map and we'll be looking into making sure that if someone randomly plays the Center or Ragnarok that they're still able to obtain the core game play items, even if they aren't able to see "everything" that is part of the main story. We certainly understand the valid complaints regarding TEK Tier and how it can be obtained from The Center, and this is something we're discussing internally to resolve for the online version of the game."

Well... will we get something extra instead then? The duo boss is NOT an extra.... 

Wow that is ridiculous and makes no sense. It would be ok if we had a new exclusive boss on The Center to replace it but no. As someone who plays on The Center and much prefers it than The Island I am really really pissed off at this decision. Was so happy when we finally got the dragon (should have been day same day as Island got it) but now they are taking it away for no good reason. Its almost like they are trying to piss of people who play this game.

Sincerly
One very pissed off Center player

Archived