Alpha rex

Goflin

I've been playing park for a couple months now and after prioritizing T Rexis I hatched one of our fertilize eggs that came out at level 222 imprinted on it 100% I'm now at level 270 With 20,000 health and 570% attack with the primitive saddle on an official server

can I take on a 95 alpha rex? The imprinting would be a pain in the butt to do again and I would rather not risk it today

6 minutes ago, Goflin said:

I have went to almost all the drops I've seen, but on the island in primitive I have seen red drops with just a forge and a large crop plot... :(  hard to find anything good, but then you think I could as I am?

In think you'll have a problem with a 95 Alpha Rex with that saddle or without mate boost. Try a lower level one first if you are set on fighting an Alpha Rex with that set up.

7 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

nice!!!:)

didnt even think they were in the loot table for "common" drops, but guess they did make some changes recently with regard to loot tables.

No, its not new. Long ago I got a MC Rex bp from a red halo beacon in scorched.

And you can find nice Rex saddles and bps in the swamp cave because the swamp cave red crates contain exact same items as red drop but with higher quality (also thats the reason why in the swamp cave and not in other caves you can get fishing rods). There is a post on reddit of a guy that extracted that info from the dev kit.

Drop type                 Level              Quality              Loot tables

============================================================

Swamp Cave Red    70              3.25 - 4.0               Supply Drop Level 45, Supply Drop Level 60

• Volunteer Moderator

@arkark

scorched drops are different.

thats odd cause i had "someone"9_9 look in the dev kit 4-5 months ago and told me where the rex saddles and bps could be found, and they were not in the common drop table. who knows tho, i never have luck with regular drops so it would figure i wouldnt find one anyways. im the compass bp king:D

***nice @arkark --thanks for the edit:)

3 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

@arkark

scorched drops are different.

thats odd cause i had "someone"9_9 look in the dev kit 4-5 months ago and told me where the rex saddles and bps could be found, and they were not in the common drop table. who knows tho, i never have luck with regular drops so it would figure i wouldnt find one anyways. im the compass bp king:D

Yeah, scorched contains additional items related to SE, but check the generic loot on the red beacons (http://ark.gamepedia.com/Beacon). You will see the Rex saddle is listed there since a lot of time ago.

Me and my friend recently took on a 145 alpha Rex. Both rexs had 30k health and 600+ melee, 70 armour saddles. Both rexs went down by about 10k health, so your rex will most likely be killed 

if you're thinking of raising a Rex just to kill an alpha, it's pointless. It will probably despawn before the Rex finishes raising

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Samammo said:

Me and my friend recently took on a 145 alpha Rex

could be a huge difference between the 145 you are talking about and the 95 the OP is asking about. we killed a 135 alpha with pretty poopty rex (like 15k health and 350% melee, they were some of the first we tamed) and primitive saddles. the rex took a bit of a beating but we killed it. that is why i suggested mate boost if possible, along with his imprint bonus, i think his rex can pull it off (with a better saddle). could be wrong tho, taking advice always carries risk:)

1 minute ago, ThzNutz said:

could be a huge difference between the 145 you are talking about and the 95 the OP is asking about. we killed a 135 alpha with pretty poopty rex (like 15k health and 350% melee, they were some of the first we tamed) and primitive saddles. the rex took a bit of a beating but we killed it. that is why i suggested mate boost if possible, along with his imprint bonus, i think his rex can pull it off (with a better saddle). could be wrong tho, taking advice always carries risk

Yeah I forgot OP was after a 95. But with a better saddle, it should be possible. You would just need to keep an eye on the health of your rex compared to how bloody the alpha is.

also, make sure there are no other carnivores around. With the alpha buff they will do decent damage against you.

I appreciate the replies, I'm going into the caves right now, I should have added that I took on a lvl 50 alpha rex with this setup and It took 3k out of 20k hp

as far as drops, I am on a primitive server so most of the loot table is not accurate for me, drops 50%+of the time only give large crop plots and water jar blueprints 

A couple things to know that can help increase your chances of a kill.  When you back up slowly on even terrain or when you are backing up an incline it can knock back the alpha rex while your still attacking it.  This way it gets fewer attacks in and you keep more of your health.  You can also use large traps to lock it in place and chomp on its tail to eat away at its hp for a bit, and using that with stone dino gateways and it's free xp when you lock it in with the gateway behind it. 

I don't know. I fight pretty much any Alpha. I took on a Lvl 60 Alpha Rex with a 270 theri who had 10k HP and 414% melee, with 350% power harvesting, no imprint bonus. Regular saddle. It took me a little while but I only lost like 1k health. I think a 20k HP Rex with 570% melee, even with a regular saddle should be able to take on a 95 Alpha. That's 342 damage before factoring in imprint bonus. 

Bite it in the face, you'll be good to go. 

1 hour ago, ThzNutz said:

nice!!!:)

didnt even think they were in the loot table for "common" drops, but guess they did make some changes recently with regard to loot tables.

Actually red supply drops have been dropping them for a long long time. I've never gotten anything substantial. Ramshackle and only once. But rex saddles can be found in the underwater progression cave, red supply beacons, and I think the center volcano cave possibly.. Don't quote me on the last one.

@Goflin I also play primitive, and unless you gear up and get all the right boosts, the swamp cave is right out. I've also had muck luck with it but I know one guy who's found 2 MC rex saddle bp's so there is how yet.

Just gotta know how to find stuff about ark.

=p good luck

Another tip you could try is having a tribemate on a bird and if your rex is taking too much damage whistle passive and have your tribemate whistle follow to your rex and he will be able to out run the alpha. A little dangerous, but a technique we used when killing wild gigas with tamed ones when we were not sure. rider will die so don't have anything valuable on you.

Archived