Pearls

Cweis

3 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Angler. You don't need to dismount, just bite the pearl nodes. With a high level on I get around 50 per node, more on evo events. You end up with thousands after a few minutes

Yep, we were getting like 120 per node with the 2x event, filled like 3 vaults and then slotcapped two dinos with them lol. 

14 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Yep, we were getting like 120 per node with the 2x event, filled like 3 vaults and then slotcapped two dinos with them lol. 

Agreed. We ran and hit the pearl nodes from herb island and then did the easy cave. Walked away with 16k pearls. Guess we can sell the angler now. lol

5 minutes ago, Cweis said:

So it sounds like the angler is the best? Good to know. What's the best way to tame one?

They can die from crossbow tranqing. bring laods of narcs (they wake up fast) and space your shots. mixing in a few harpoon shots if you can afford it could increase the survival rate as it does way less damage than crossbows in my experience. takes kairuku kibble which is easy considerin their high egg laying rate.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Angler. You don't need to dismount, just bite the pearl nodes. With a high level on I get around 50 per node, more on evo events. You end up with thousands after a few minutes

You know in all my hours in Ark I've yet to tame an Angler, may have to try that now. Besides that they look like they be a crazy water mount anyway lol.

@Cweis what map are you on. And if it was me i'd use the chowder or scuba gear to be safe. Also make you some flippers and have a good crossbow with about 50+ arrows and a pike. Just in case you get knocked off your mount by jellyfish or eels. You can use the crossbow to kill the jellys and then harvest with your pick or angler for toxin. Watch out for the eels, jellys are pretty easy to avoid.

If you are on the center between the jungles there is a bunch in the rivers. Just have to watchout for baronyx and spinos. Thats your biggest threats.

Hope everything works out for you bud. Good luck.

Wait, the trench between tropical island north and half burnt island is still clustered with anglers on your server? There used to be thousands in that trench on ours. Now, lucky if you see more than five or six the entire length. Same as dunkles, used to be everywhere. Now, rare. Plenty of plesios though. Plenty.

4 hours ago, Cweis said:

Still fairly new to ark. So far to get pearls I've just been browsing beaver dams. Just wondering what's the beat dino to go deep in the ocean to gather Pearls? I have a level 67 bary but is that good enough with it's stun to be safe? Thanks 

Forgot to mention am on the island 

Put a bed in a few pearl caves,  and spawn every half hour on all the bed put the pearls in a vault and collect when needed. That's the old way for island dwellers. But to be honest with transfers enabled it's better quicker and easier to put a bed by the obb( or if advanced use a transmitter)  then travel to scorched earth with a ptera,  fly round the edge of the desert and collect pearls from the desert oasis that are scattered around the sand,  they respawn mega quick and you will have over 5000 in twenty minutes. The island is the best map and most fun to live on but it is really sh#t for pearls.

Archived