Here we go again- PS4 update ETA now just says "July"

St1ckyBandit

12 minutes ago, Jat said:

I've mentioned a lot of times ETAs are going to be especially wonky this month as we've entered this mega crunch. However, our plan is to work on the next possible day. Though, that doesn't look likely at the moment as testing our content in a live environment hasn't been very feasible today due to problems with Steam. We still plan on getting the patch out this week, I just don't want to have an ETA set until we've entered cert or know when it's going to be in cert. PS4 isn't abandoned, just Abstraction handle the port, and because we are constantly committing code and making Xbox Builds, they're doing the same for PS4 (using our commits). Once we've finalised a stable RC for PC and Xbox, we'll be able to help them wrap up PS4. 

Wowsers didnt expect an official response to come via my quaint little thread but thanks for popping in and giving us an update. I think communication is what a lot of us are asking for and it makes the wait easier.

Hopefully the game can be straightened up by lauch but man oh man we have a long way to go.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jat said:

I've mentioned a lot of times ETAs are going to be especially wonky this month as we've entered this mega crunch. However, our plan is to work on the next possible day. Though, that doesn't look likely at the moment as testing our content in a live environment hasn't been very feasible today due to problems with Steam. We still plan on getting the patch out this week, I just don't want to have an ETA set until we've entered cert or know when it's going to be in cert. PS4 isn't abandoned, just Abstraction handle the port, and because we are constantly committing code and making Xbox Builds, they're doing the same for PS4 (using our commits). Once we've finalised a stable RC for PC and Xbox, we'll be able to help them wrap up PS4. 

I look at it on the side I much rather the other guys have the major problems and we deal with some of the minor ones.  Call it what you want or how you want.  I much rather get a bit more polished game as opposed to dealing with bugs that make the game unplayable.  I understand it is for some already and I'm not going to lie push comes to shove I would start all over again if that is what needs to be done.  I understand the frustration associated with that but for me that is one of the things that makes this game enjoyable being able to continue to play and reinvent things.  I will purposely move up in building materials just to level up my character and to use a less expensive material to make sure my base is how I want it. 

• Administrator

Because ARK PS4 isn't dead? We've explained why the updates haven't hit yet, we want to get a complete build out on PS4 rather than deal with this intense update cycle that PC and Xbox are currently going through. Abstraction handles the PS4 port, therefore they're waiting for us to finish up with Xbox and PC (then we'll work with them to wrap up PS4). This isn't a matter of which console we favour, just how we handle our development. I understand your frustrations and that you want to be on the latest major version, but understand these decisions are taking place for a more effective development cycle. PS4 will receive the latest updates, they will just have to wait a little bit longer.

3 minutes ago, Kluolan said:

So why not just admit that ark on PS4 is dead.  We have not gotten any updates or patches since May and now once again our patch is delayed possibly till next week or maybe even later.  Which most likely means we will not even see Ragnorok at its scheduled release date. 

I wouldn't say PS4 is dead but at the same time people almost seem to forget it's easier for (or at least makes sense to be) PC and Xbox to be closer together considering the fact XBOX is under the Microsoft umbrella.  May wasn't the last update PS4 received was it? I know on the log in screen that is all it references but I believe that's just because they didn't show the fact we are on 509 instead of the 507 it shows when you log in.

It is not really about the content.   I'm more interested in stability patches so that I can play with out constantly being rolled back, repeating action three or four times gets old in a hurry.   The content could be delayed till it is completely ready but it would be nice to see at least some stabilization fixes roll out. 

44 minutes ago, Jat said:

Because ARK PS4 isn't dead? We've explained why the updates haven't hit yet, we want to get a complete build out on PS4 rather than deal with this intense update cycle that PC and Xbox are currently going through. Abstraction handles the PS4 port, therefore they're waiting for us to finish up with Xbox and PC (then we'll work with them to wrap up PS4). This isn't a matter of which console we favour, just how we handle our development. I understand your frustrations and that you want to be on the latest major version, but understand these decisions are taking place for a more effective development cycle. PS4 will receive the latest updates, they will just have to wait a little bit longer.

So what are you gonna do about all the alpha tribes that are already bullies. Plus You guys need a demo timer to get rid of wiped/raided bases to reduce lag. I suggest that you wipe all servers to give the new people who wanna play a chance to survive.

25 minutes ago, Scouter said:

So what are you gonna do about all the alpha tribes that are already bullies. Plus You guys need a demo timer to get rid of wiped/raided bases to reduce lag. I suggest that you wipe all servers to give the new people who wanna play a chance to survive.

That is probably coming.....but, it's off topic, this is about the huge delay on ps4....at this rate, 3 major upgrades will be out the same time as Ragnarock,  who knows how big that will be, maybe 100 Terrabytes.....hehehehe....

1 hour ago, Jat said:

It is obvious you guys are working hard. But officially, is PS4 set on the same release date as PC (August 8th) ? Is XBox the same ? 

Because let's be honest, its going to be a miracle to even have a 100% finished PC version for August 8th. 

10 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

Hey man, I own ark on all 3 platforms. I don't have any bias against any of them, but PS4 undeniably has the worst performance. This doesn't mean the PS4 is garbage, it doesn't mean you have to argue about it, but for ark, it performs worse to a very significant degree. I'm not really sure why you seem offended by it, it is what it is. 

because he is taking it as an insult to himself because he plays ps4 i guess. some people do not like the truth, if its something they don't like, and will att you if you express it.

i thought it was common knowledge that consoles are far behind what pc can handle, i play on xbox because its most comfortable to me. i i realize that ark is extremly hard on my xbox. thats why im excited for the onex . i think part of the problem is with consoles and part is with the way wildcard handles notifying us.

while delays are annoying and hearing the same people complain and overreact is as well, i understand why they want to vent and i feel like it's none of our places to tell anyone here what they can give feedback on . this is the main place for people to give ark related feedback after all. if the title of a thread is a subject that annoys you then simply dont read it. people have a right to express their ark related opinions here , we do not have a right to not be annoyed. 

2 hours ago, GavinChester said:

Why do people care so much about this update anyway. It looks pretty light on, sure PS4 is behind one patch but I'd much rather be here compared to XBOX with those memory leak issues that made the game unplayable for some for quite a long time and resulted in starved babies.

Are you kidding? This update is jam packed with good stuff.

15 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

You can't really fault WC here tbh, PS4 just isn't built to play a game like this in a stable manner, most of the faults probably lay with the system rather than the developers.  Nothing against PS4 I have one too, but it just sits collecting dust as it is inferior to the xbox and vastly so compared to the PC

Except everything you said is wrong.  As a matter of fact the ps4 is a more powerful system then xbox, not the other way around.  That's an actual known fact look it up. It was even stated that the ps4 was designed more closely to a pc for the specific purpose of making it easier for developers to design games for the system when they first announced its release back in 2013. You want to argue that Xbox is about favouritism then I could maybe see your point. Or the fact that xbox and pc are both... wait for it... Microsoft? 

Now besides that, lets get back to the issue, which is wild card is giving specific dates as to the release of expansions, content, patches, updates, etc... non of which they have been able to meet, and I can't emphasize that enough.  This is probably the fourth or fifth time they have delayed this latest patch. In fact this brings me back to a time when I was a little kid and my mom told me the story about a boy who cried wolf. I Don't even listen to them when they tell us they're bringing something out. 

So the problem isn't some nonsense excuse about the system being the problem, like saying the spoon made me fat, but instead it's the fact that they simply cannot deliver, and there's no excuse other then you simply cannot meet a deadline

5 hours ago, Stickierbandit said:

Except everything you said is wrong.  As a matter of fact the ps4 is a more powerful system then xbox, not the other way around.  That's an actual known fact look it up. It was even stated that the ps4 was designed more closely to a pc for the specific purpose of making it easier for developers to design games for the system when they first announced its release back in 2013. You want to argue that Xbox is about favouritism then I could maybe see your point. Or the fact that xbox and pc are both... wait for it... Microsoft? 

Now besides that, lets get back to the issue, which is wild card is giving specific dates as to the release of expansions, content, patches, updates, etc... non of which they have been able to meet, and I can't emphasize that enough.  This is probably the fourth or fifth time they have delayed this latest patch. In fact this brings me back to a time when I was a little kid and my mom told me the story about a boy who cried wolf. I Don't even listen to them when they tell us they're bringing something out. 

So the problem isn't some nonsense excuse about the system being the problem, like saying the spoon made me fat, but instead it's the fact that they simply cannot deliver, and there's no excuse other then you simply cannot meet a deadline

Unless your'e talking about the Pspro then you clearly have no idea, the xbone and ps4 have identical components, the only difference is the xbone utilizes them better than the sony rig, they brought out the pspro because they realised this and was falling behind in the market.  So yeah the pspro has better hardware than a standard xbone at least until xbonex comes out in november which will demolish all other consoles, but even with that being the case the pspro is still plagued with blue screens, and the graphics aint much better than an xbone on a 4k tv.

Back on topic, are people not taught patience these days? So what if it's delayed, would you rather have a patch that makes the game unstable or one that is polished?  Are you paying to receive these patches? Does it really matter if they say its being dropped on X day and then delay it for a week? It's not stopping you playing the game as it is now till the patch eventually drops.  I swear i've never seen a game breed such entitlement.

23 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

It's not bias if its a fact.  Go on youtube and watch the difference between ark on xbox and ps4, the difference is staggering, not to mention the blue screen problem, which btw doesn't just happen with ark but most games I have played on the ps4 have blue screened at some point. Hell GTA5 was rife with it and that's a AAA game.

Regardless, i'll quit with this whole topic, but it doesn't detract from the fact that having a little patience is something alot of console players (Ps4 & xbox) players need to get to grips with.

??!? I never had any problems with gta outside of actually getting connected to a server which in my understanding was due to there aging servers(could be wrong) also don't forget gta was a console exclusive for quite a few years and has also favored Playstation in its early release of dlc in the past. Perhaps you should look to your own router or internet connection to your constant blue screening online. Likewise I have had this maybe once or twice with ark. I'm not saying ones systems better than others it's just always seemed to me developers have there favored systems to work on and the unfavored system always just seems clunkier. Kinda like fallout is better on Xbox Bethesda seems to favor that system. I also am unsure why anyone is upset let console players complain just ignore it. why anyone would say oh your lucky to get any pc games is beyond my understanding. The more copies they sell the more money they have to improve and make more and better games and the better off everyone is as a whole.

7 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Unless your'e talking about the Pspro then you clearly have no idea, the xbone and ps4 have identical components, the only difference is the xbone utilizes them better than the sony rig, they brought out the pspro because they realised this and was falling behind in the market.  So yeah the pspro has better hardware than a standard xbone at least until xbonex comes out in november which will demolish all other consoles, but even with that being the case the pspro is still plagued with blue screens, and the graphics aint much better than an xbone on a 4k tv.

Back on topic, are people not taught patience these days? So what if it's delayed, would you rather have a patch that makes the game unstable or one that is polished?  Are you paying to receive these patches? Does it really matter if they say its being dropped on X day and then delay it for a week? It's not stopping you playing the game as it is now till the patch eventually drops.  I swear i've never seen a game breed such entitlement.

Nope still wrong,  standard ps4 had better hardware then the standard xbox one,  and ps4pro still had better specs then Xbox one s. And no that's not fanboy specs either, I like both consoles just the same. Now the new xbox that's to come out yes will be better then both current gen consoles. In fact ill be picking it up myself.

And once again don't blame peoples patience being at fault.  Blame the constant lying of the developers. Like blaming the home owner it's their fault they keep getting burglarized and not the sticky bandits. 

Oh and before I forget,  yes actually I am being prevented from playing the game. Since the server I'm on as well as many other servers are constantly crashing to the point it is literally unplayable. My tribe mate/life time friend lost a few things including a tamed argy to this very server crash. Now before you come back with "well wild card very clearly states that the current game isn't a full release and is prone to bugs blah blah blah" let me remind you once again that not once have they delivered on a deadline, so I have all reason to be skeptical of the game working properly by the time of release, IF they even release on time.  That's coming from someone who IS currently playing, now imagine someone who isn't playing but was thinking about buying it.  Think of how they might change their mind after seeing all this nonsense.

P.S. fool me once shame on you,  fool me twice shame on me.  Which translates to... the first time they were late,  fine poop happens i get it. But the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 100th time... you'd have to be a fool to not be frustrated. So take that entitlement crap somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Stickierbandit said:

Nope still wrong,  standard ps4 had better hardware then the standard xbox one,  and ps4pro still had better specs then Xbox one s. And no that's not fanboy specs either, I like both consoles just the same. Now the new xbox that's to come out yes will be better then both current gen consoles. In fact ill be picking it up myself.

And once again don't blame peoples patience being at fault.  Blame the constant lying of the developers. Like blaming the home owner it's their fault they keep getting burglarized and not the sticky bandits. 

Weird how every source online labels them as identical hardware but meh, even if they had better hardware they are still incapable of utilizing it to a better degree than the xbone, the standard ps4 that is.  As I said I have no experience with ark myself on the playstation platform, but from seing my friends play it on standard and pspro it looks nothing like the xbone equivalent, granted the pspro runs smother with better fps but on a 4k oled tv the xbone looks clearer to me.

Patience is the fault in this situation and all the other cries of "mah patch has been delayed" for a simple reason, you aren't paying them to deliver it within a specific time frame, they have no obligation to deliver it to you on a time they set, should they deem it necessary to delay the patch its their prerogative. Lets say they say the patch was meant for 6th July, but then delay it too the 13th, what difference does that make to you? Would you complain if they hadn't gave a date but dropped it on the 12th instead?  What if the patch was never even conceived and never made? Would that give you reason to moan on the forums? 

It's annoying, but just wait, you can still play the game, nothing has been taken away from you.  Also if the homeowner doesn't have an alarm after being burgled or hasn't at least set up a number of hilarious home alone like traps around their house, then yes you can blame them for making it an easy target.

1 hour ago, Mwal said:

??!? I never had any problems with gta outside of actually getting connected to a server which in my understanding was due to there aging servers(could be wrong) also don't forget gta was a console exclusive for quite a few years and has also favored Playstation in its early release of dlc in the past. Perhaps you should look to your own router or internet connection to your constant blue screening online. Likewise I have had this maybe once or twice with ark. I'm not saying ones systems better than others it's just always seemed to me developers have there favored systems to work on and the unfavored system always just seems clunkier. Kinda like fallout is better on Xbox Bethesda seems to favor that system. I also am unsure why anyone is upset let console players complain just ignore it. why anyone would say oh your lucky to get any pc games is beyond my understanding. The more copies they sell the more money they have to improve and make more and better games and the better off everyone is as a whole.

Trust me my internet connection is not in question, I pay for the top end you can get around here and always get close to the maximum the isp provide, the ps4 is somewhat old, however my pspro is only a few month old yet still suffers from bluescreens on various games GTAV included, in fact the only game i have never encountered a bluescreen on the ps is rocket league xD

Archived