Here we go again- PS4 update ETA now just says "July"

St1ckyBandit

14 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Well.. No. The PS4 actually has marginally better hardware than the Xbox 1.

The issue is that wildcard have to get ark running stable on a different OS. And trust me, decking for an entirely different platform is very difficult. 

THANK YOU! It literally does tattered which console you chose, because the only real difference is "I like the controller shape" 

I'm almost entirely sure that's because ark is still new to the PS4 and it still needs optimisation ;)

PS4 and Xbox one have identical processors and GPU. They both use relatively similar hard drives and the biggest difference is that the PS4 uses marginally better ram. The issue is not that the PS4 can't handle it, it's that the game is still being ported and needs optimization. Please, don't go around making assertions without research. Hardware and performance are really the same thing, as software (especially on PC) is often the bottleneck. 

Granted they have similar hardware when wrote down on paper but they aren't exactly used to great potential within a Ps4 are they? The graphics are always better on the xbox than they are ps4 yet having the same gpu , the ps4 usually laods a game up faster, but also crashes more, fps tends to drop faster on a ps4 game than xbox.  Also that's jyst my opinion from playing games on both platforms.

My point still stands, patience.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Well.. No. The PS4 actually has marginally better hardware than the Xbox 1.

The issue is that wildcard have to get ark running stable on a different OS. And trust me, decking for an entirely different platform is very difficult. 

THANK YOU! It literally does tattered which console you chose, because the only real difference is "I like the controller shape" 

I'm almost entirely sure that's because ark is still new to the PS4 and it still needs optimisation ;)

PS4 and Xbox one have identical processors and GPU. They both use relatively similar hard drives and the biggest difference is that the PS4 uses marginally better ram. The issue is not that the PS4 can't handle it, it's that the game is still being ported and needs optimization. Please, don't go around making assertions without research. Hardware and performance are really the same thing, as software (especially on PC) is often the bottleneck. 

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-vs-xbox-720-which-is-better-1127315

for the fear of starting a war with you which is not intentional, Sony may have better hardware but Xbox is able to utilise more of what it has.

2 separate consoles, same hardware, different methods of use in relation to developers

there is no comparison and the Devs have to accommodate the materials they are given, PC to Xbox is probably easier than PC to Sony in relation to porting purely for the fact that they may have to accommodate for different running requirements etc

it would be the same if a game was developed for Sony first then moved to Xbox

just going to have to deal with it at the end of the day I suppose

3 minutes ago, X111 said:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-vs-xbox-720-which-is-better-1127315

for the fear of starting a war with you which is not intentional, Sony may have better hardware but Xbox is able to utilise more of what it has.

2 separate consoles, same hardware, different methods of use in relation to developers

there is no comparison and the Devs have to accommodate the materials they are given, PC to Xbox is probably easier than PC to Sony in relation to porting purely for the fact that they may have to accommodate for different running requirements etc

it would be the same if a game was developed for Sony first then moved to Xbox

just going to have to deal with it at the end of the day I suppose

what I was trying to say but after no sleep and 8 hours of mind numbing work I tend to lose the ability to articulate myself properly xD

4 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

You can't really fault WC here tbh, PS4 just isn't built to play a game like this in a stable manner, most of the faults probably lay with the system rather than the developers.  Nothing against PS4 I have one too, but it just sits collecting dust as it is inferior to the xbox and vastly so compared to the PC

Then why bring it out on console? Are you trying to say Wildcard just got greedy and wantes easy money?

• Volunteer Moderator

the topic is the delay...

stay on topic. if you feel and can provide some kind of evidence that hardware or OS has an impact on delays then that would be considered on topic. anymore "my dad can beat up your dad" conversation regarding a players platform of choice is not on topic.

dont make me pull this car over....:D

9 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

in that case...are we nearly there yet? :D

in a roundabout way I was on topic providing evidence in difference of system resulting in delays due to complexity of having to accommodate the characteristics of the different yet same operating requirements

I could be wrong but as I've said before I would rather play a fixed game than one pushed out without it being run through the filters

27 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I just think its alarming that release is so close and the game is doing so badly that a patch which has been delayed for weeks already is getting further delayed. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Totally understand your frustration with not receiving the patches. On a good note, hopefully they have all the big bugs worked out before it finally hits the PS4. I look at it that way too with the PC patches and I totally feel for the PC community at times. As soon as they get their patches I read their bug section to try and stay up to date with the current issues. I'm just happy for the most part that most of the big ones are squashed before it hits the consoles.

4 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Completely misread what I typed but cool... I wasn't giving an opinion between the systems I was stating it will be alot harder to get the game in a stable mode with the Ps4 as it will be with other systems due to its outdated hardware.  I don't have ark for the Ps4 but a good number of my friends play it on that system, reason why I wont buy it for the Ps4 despite having it for the xbox and PC is that it runs horrible on the Ps4, the graphics are of lower quality, the fps drops faster and it suffers from constant crashes.  I simply just meant that those with a Ps4 should be patient and possibly expect delays, as should those on the Xbox too.  Consoles are not used to the EA practice, its relatively new to us, most games are published by a TripleA company with years of polishing and many people working on different ports for the game, whereas WC have a relatively small team working across all platforms performing patches on the fly.  Making a thread each time a patch is delayed and complaining is just flat out annoying.

The graphics on my ps4 pro are 10 times better than my xbox....not even close....the xbox version is by far the worst.....

Hard to imagine that what we are playing right now is the version being copied to disc. Wild card should be ashamed if they release this on Aug. 8th and you can't even get what should be at this point a routine patch out the  door on time. We're less than a month away from release you should have already worked most of the kinks out by now but here we are playing with the same bugs from by what I read 2 years. The early access cow has been milked to death, so either you have programmers who by now should know exactly what the problems are and are able to fix pretty quickly or maybe hire from outside someone else who can get the job done. At 3 weeks till release should be final polish not major overhauls to game and anyone playing on consoles know can't speak for PC there is a NEED for major repair not only to the software but to the servers as well. DDOS protection, upgraded servers as they can't seem to handle the load, customer service ( 3 to 4 weeks to respond to a ticket is unacceptable ), communication via your own forums ( shouldn't have to hunt through reddit, twitter, instagram, facebook, or whatever else you decide to use that week ( smoke signals more than likely will be next ). It's a shame really I see the potential of the game yet I see the nightmare coming for any new player at full release and you won't have early access to fall back on.

5 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

I just mean the patches for PS4 are usually delayed by some time, so it goes to show its alot harder to get it right on that console than any other platform, could be to do with the way sony allow the patches to come out or the way the system handles them.  You can't deny it is an outdated system and hasn't aged very well.

No sir the problem isnt that its a prob with the ps4 at all, they said once that they had the patch ready and it passed cert, they caught it and pulled it of their own accord,  now they wont port till they figured out whats happening on xbox, they are worried about the same thing happening on ps4. Call it a quarantine ?.  Its not where we would like it to be but we're safe from the problems pc and xbox are facing right now, and im damn glad too, people are getting super salty and imagine thats gotta effect the devs to some degree seeing this. It will be ready when its ready folks?

47 minutes ago, EntwinedPuppet said:

No sir the problem isnt that its a prob with the ps4 at all, they said once that they had the patch ready and it passed cert, they caught it and pulled it of their own accord,  now they wont port till they figured out whats happening on xbox, they are worried about the same thing happening on ps4. Call it a quarantine ?.  Its not where we would like it to be but we're safe from the problems pc and xbox are facing right now, and im damn glad too, people are getting super salty and imagine thats gotta effect the devs to some degree seeing this. It will be ready when its ready folks?

So are we expecting it to be ready by the time the game hits shelves and gets sold as a complete working title for 60$ ?

This ready when its ready business doesnt really cut the mustard anymore, sorry chap.

Speak for yourself about being safe from problems xbox and pc are facing. I cant connect to my server [418] right now as we speak and by the grace of God if I do connect I cant play for more than an hour before crashing. If that's safe, I dont want to know what danger looks like.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

So are we expecting it to be ready by the time the game hits shelves and gets sold as a complete working title for 60$ ?

This ready when its ready business doesnt really cut the mustard anymore, sorry chap.

Speak for yourself about being safe from problems xbox and pc are facing. I cant connect to my server [418] right now as we speak and by the grace of God if I do connect I cant play for more than an hour before crashing. If that's safe, I dont want to know what danger looks like.

Lol you think delays like this and they are gonna release early august? I mean, To keep pushing for an earl release knowing its current state? Despite them already saying their main focus is getting single player running proper (for your early release!) (which would help isolate other issues) so lets harass them about the online thing, put strain on an already tiny team? its ready when they say good sir! and thats the only mustard that needs cutting... yeesh. And whoa 60 whole bucks.. i already paid the upwards of 70 for it.. a few times 

been playing ark almost sense day one (think I was like, a month late or two?) and wildcard has like hit, maybe two patches on the ETA they gave originally, for awhile there it was a big joke and then the whiteknights came charging in with their 'estimated time of arrival' wherever they get that from and now everyones a sour puss over it again.

But seriously, wildcard just dosnt hit ETA's like ever, and folks arnt wrong playstation is all kinds of no fun when it comes to getting patches pushed through, just as an example planetside 2 like two weeks ago got the little deployable shields for engineers that PC has had for like, over a year? ......huh guess that 2018 ETA isnt far off the mark after all now that I think about it.

9 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

You can't really fault WC here tbh, PS4 just isn't built to play a game like this in a stable manner, most of the faults probably lay with the system rather than the developers.  Nothing against PS4 I have one too, but it just sits collecting dust as it is inferior to the xbox and vastly so compared to the PC

So you are suggesting all those who bought the PS4 version should get a full refund from WC and they should just abandon the PS4 version ?

5 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

the topic is the delay...

stay on topic. if you feel and can provide some kind of evidence that hardware or OS has an impact on delays then that would be considered on topic. anymore "my dad can beat up your dad" conversation regarding a players platform of choice is not on topic.

Isn't the ps4 port being done out of house? Jat keeps mentioning Abstraction....

• Administrator

I've mentioned a lot of times ETAs are going to be especially wonky this month as we've entered this mega crunch. However, our plan is to work on the next possible day. Though, that doesn't look likely at the moment as testing our content in a live environment hasn't been very feasible today due to problems with Steam. We still plan on getting the patch out this week, I just don't want to have an ETA set until we've entered cert or know when it's going to be in cert. PS4 isn't abandoned, just Abstraction handle the port, and because we are constantly committing code and making Xbox Builds, they're doing the same for PS4 (using our commits). Once we've finalised a stable RC for PC and Xbox, we'll be able to help them wrap up PS4. 

I can appreciate the frustration people are feeling about this.  I wake up hoping an update comes and it doesn't but I don't throw a fit about it or anything like it.  I just move on and keep enjoying the game that I have been enjoying for as long as I have been able to. I will continue to enjoy this game and look forward to the updates and be grateful a game like this is able to be ported to consoles. 

Archived