Best mount for ranged combat

dont you just hate it when your tranqing a tame and it starts running away and you have to hop onto your mount to try and corral it into a corner? well i would like to avoid that ugly mess at least after one tame so tell me everyone are there any mounts that dont bounce like crazy and throw off a riders shot accuracy considerably while still being respectably fast?

1 hour ago, Havokpaintedwolf said:

dont you just hate it when your tranqing a tame and it starts running away and you have to hop onto your mount to try and corral it into a corner?

Currently no mounts that WON'T wobble the camera while it sprints.

Dumb idea, but there's the Araneo, that can slow down most stuff pretty effectively. They're pretty easy to tame so if it dies you can just bugspray yourself and nab another one.

For smaller tames there's the Kaprosuchus, who can grab and immobilize dinos, and if you wanna take the risk, the Megalosaurus can crab things as big as an Argent at night.

Generally though for run n gun tames I just stick with T-birds, since they can float over the openings of ramped dino traps while others would fall in too even if they jumped. Their fluttering mid-air is also good at maintaining a "steadyish" point with a gun.

well the kapro is terrible to shoot off of thing is only slightly more stable than a frog and thats a pretty terrible thing strangely in the little bit of testing ive done the parasaur is actually not too bad but terror birds seem like they would be better at least for keeping up with the tame your after.

1 hour ago, Ulta said:

Shooting and gunning anything on the back of an animal is so fun in this game. I can't wait to try others since all I've tested it on is a Saber and a Griffon. =)

I think to avoid the bobbing you just need a very speedy mount and then slow to a trot when you get up in their grill.

you know what i do have an iguanodon i think ill try that out.

Just now, Havokpaintedwolf said:

you know what i do have an iguanodon i think ill try that out.

Good luck and have fun! Mounted 'combat' is quite enjoyable in this game. Makes the stupid fleeing mechanic on wild dino's a bit less annoying (but only by a bit).

Still think dino's should only flee when on low health...not on low torpor. But oh well, it is what it is.

Build a trap. You can easily do a 2x2 or 3x3 base and 2 walls high (usually door frames so you can get out and the dino stays in). Place 4 ramps on one side and just kite the dino in to it. Uber simple, given there are no foreign structures nearby. If it is a passive dinosaur then eat a rare flower (after killing any other dinosaur you do not want to follow you).

Archived