how to beat the dragon boss with the current patch?

Azmo

On 10/13/2017 at 4:33 PM, Cinnamongod said:

You are a buzz kill. :( 

I am on Official Legacy and just recently lost everything in Gamma Dragon within 2 mins. We were being attacked immediately upon spawn and 2 of the 3 players died instantly to the Dragons attack. I almost made it to the Dragon but after my armor broke to a close Dragon attack I was taken out by a Dimorph. And just like that 19 Rex's and 1 Yuty with all their saddles gone even though not a single one of them died. The players dying and losing all of their stuff is bad enough but to lose all of your Dino's because no one is left in the arena really sucks. I feel in this case the Dino's should have been just immediately teleported out to the Obi.  

That sounds like some heavy server lag or just a massive loading delay on each tribemates part. Back when I tested boss stuff on my unofficial server, it took only like 3 seconds to load into the arena (myself and one other), and once in, the dragon would still be flying around for like 40 seconds before it spits it's first fireball.

I wanna say there's a pattern to the dragon (could be wrong), but depending how quickly all the tribemates load in, it might get off a fireball before they even get a glimpse of it's scaly face. If it lands a fireball before you can move your army, the odds already dip out of your favor...which sucks because you need to dodge as much damage as you can and you need at least 5 or 6 players in there (I did it with two people but I apparently had much stronger weapons than what officials can give, so I mathed it to where 6 players with 200% weapon damage is equaled around what me and my one tribemate dish out).

On something as 'hard' as Alpha dragon, every moment you can spend not taking taking damage needs to be taken...and on laggy official servers well...the odds seem agaisnt you from the start =\

Putting the usual drama aside from "hur dur not official", since I don't give a flying poop about that.
Allow me to share the attempts made by my tribe:

Above is our Ascension attempt on Gamma difficulty.
I've not recorded the part were we travel through the cave, and I'm sorry for the lack of sound, I only realized at the end that sound recording was disabled.
So watch it in silence :D

The video above is the same army we used for Ascension against all Beta bosses. We were feeling lucky, and wanted to see how strong our dinosaurs actually are. We did lost one rex and one theri in the end because of stupid reasons. We left behind the weapons in this attempt and simply wanted to go with the dinosaurs to see what can be done.

And to push our luck even further : Alpha Broodmother with the same dinosaurs.
At the moment we need to repair all our gear and reproduce all the veggy cakes we lost for the other bosses, as well as farm all tribute to open the portal once more.
But once we are ready you can see the video's soon for the remaining kills and ascensions.

The Dinosaurs

Because this is always the stuff people want to know:

• Therizinosaurs:  20/20 mutations focused purely on health and damage, 20 mutations in each. This was started from 2 level 120 perfect tames we found. Each of the Therizinosaurs has 100% imprint and is given 10 veggie cakes to self-heal during battle. They all received a saddle which was crafted using a "Ascended Therozinosaurus Saddle Blueprint" with 112 armor as starting point. We had saddles randing from 100 - 149 armor depending on how lucky we got with crafting skill modifiers.
  • Materials farmed for saddles : 24 * 1500 metal, 24 * 15000 hide and 24 * 3320 fiber = a.k.a a poop ton
  • The rexes were a first generation of two we found in the wild. Not perfectly tamed, but leveled properly to 30k health and roughly 1000% damage where possible. 100% imprinted with standard mastercraft saddles of roughly 80 armor.
  • For gear we got lucky with the drops from Ragnarok on our cluster and every was in Ghillie or Hide armor with 100 armor on each piece. Some were crafted from blueprints as well. Expensive, and definitely not easy to get as it's entirely RNG based.
  • The Yuty was a level 116 and level 96 bred baby. Nothing special about this once, with a decent armor to make sure it survives the onslaught.
  • Weapon wise we focused on crafting ascended shotguns, assault rifles and sniper rifles. We got extremely lucky with one Scorched Earth drop to get a 500% sniper rifle for me, but I'm really not looking forward to repair this thing....

And that's pretty much it. We needed roughly 5 weeks to fully prepare for this on our server, and that's with taming, breeding and raising set to higher settings than official.
Everything else we have kept "Official" in regards to damage, dinosaur stats and what not.

Conclusion

Are these fights hard?
No, not with the correct preparation and dinosaurs and gears.

Are these fights hard to prepare for?
Absolutely.
The amount of gear you need as well as the dinosaurs needed for this to pull this off with minimal losses is hard.
Obtaining everything in itself is not hard, it's just an extremely tedious and long grind, especially on official servers where the rates for this are abysmall.

So if you want to know whether the strategy above is viable? Yes, it definitely is.
Can you reproduce this on official? Absolutely, just expect to take a much longer time for it then we did.

@Weiss

They actually did not eat much of them at all. I think most ate only 2-3 cakes depending on the amount of breaths they took.
Some ate a bit more, but I believe that's the ones that ran into the lava at some point.

The base stats of our Therizinosaurs was around 12-13k health when born, with roughly 600% melee damage.
And that's the ones with the 20/20 mutations applied to them.
A normal Therizinosaur (our base parents we started with) had roughly 7k health and 300% melee damage.

On 10/13/2017 at 3:48 PM, ThzNutz said:

thanks to some awesome legacy traders we have found some very good eggs and are being loaned a nice saddle bp. we have an ally breeding the first batch, and another breeding their own. hopefully the next batch of even better eggs will be ready this weekend, but now with no breeding included in evo things will take even longer, probably put us out at least another week from the anticipated fight date, probably longer. i will be loading up a fresh vanilla unofficial in the next few days, spawn in theriz as close a match as possible to the ones we will have, and practice, record, review.....etc. we will start at gamma and go from there...:)

we will see if the theriz vs dragon on official is a viable solution...eventually lol

Did this ever happen? To see viability in official?

Archived