Patch v262 incoming!

GP

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Saupe said:

So where is the official announcement? I mean, they pay people to manage the official forums they own, and created a section just for this.

Why should I check the developers Twitter when there is a section on the forums dedicated to that type of announcement. They have put upcoming patches on the patch notes before without listing what is to come......

Maybe because time is tight and sending out a quick message on twitter maybe from his phone is easier and then proper Patch Notes will come when he has time? It''s better to get out a quick message than no message at all.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GP said:

Maybe because time is tight and sending out a quick message on twitter maybe from his phone is easier and then proper Patch Notes will come when he has time? It''s better to get out a quick message than no message at all.

Read the last sentence. I didn't ask for patch notes. I asked for them to state an upcoming patch on the patch notes thread. And again, they PAY people to do so. It's called a community lead......

- Patch v 262 due today for instance takes 2 seconds to type, and would be in the official forums they created to make such announcements.

Btw, I'm on my phone right now, I auto log in to the forums, just like the developers would, but we all know they don't come here......

Also, more explosion physics? I hope they have optimised explosives at least. They removed the rock debris due to the lag it creates, and then add something to make more lag lol.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Don't bother man, people just love to complain about every single thing they can at this point, even if it's unreasonable. And I'm afraid it's going to stay like that at least until launch...

2 minutes ago, xLunacy said:

Don't bother man, people just love to complain about every single thing they can at this point, even if it's unreasonable. And I'm afraid it's going to stay like that at least until launch...

What's unreasonable about asking for things to be announced somewhere I don't have to download 3rd party software to read it?

9 minutes ago, Saupe said:

What's unreasonable about asking for things to be announced somewhere I don't have to download 3rd party software to read it?

It's unreasonable because you are selfish and think about yourself, and even when they do what they can given the situation, people like you are not happy. I'm sorry that you do not realize what hell it is to make all the arrangements to release a game as big as Ark, how much stress and chaos this is for a studio (and theirs is not big) and how I can only picture these people are currently working 12-15 hours a day in order to get things done. As GP said, any notice is better than no notice, which given the circumstances is the best we'll get with weekly patches and things flying around.

41 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Read the last sentence. I didn't ask for patch notes. I asked for them to state an upcoming patch on the patch notes thread. And again, they PAY people to do so. It's called a community lead......

- Patch v 262 due today for instance takes 2 seconds to type, and would be in the official forums they created to make such announcements.

Btw, I'm on my phone right now, I auto log in to the forums, just like the developers would, but we all know they don't come here......

Also, more explosion physics? I hope they have optimised explosives at least. They removed the rock debris due to the lag it creates, and then add something to make more lag lol.

What do you read first when you log onto the forums? General Discussions or Patch Notes. Seems to me this was an announcement for an upcoming patch weather it is here or in patch notes. People will complain about anything. Consider this your official announcement for the upcoming patch.

50 minutes ago, xLunacy said:

It's unreasonable because you are selfish and think about yourself, and even when they do what they can given the situation, people like you are not happy. I'm sorry that you do not realize what hell it is to make all the arrangements to release a game as big as Ark, how much stress and chaos this is for a studio (and theirs is not big) and how I can only picture these people are currently working 12-15 hours a day in order to get things done. As GP said, any notice is better than no notice, which given the circumstances is the best we'll get with weekly patches and things flying around.

Is it unreasonable to expect that a product you paid for be delivered in working order? Cause at this point it sure seems like its going to be released as a gaint pile of bugs and glitches. I don't care if they are stressed out about their job. Do you think I don't get stress when I was underwater in a submarine for 326 days in one year? Of course I did but it was my job and I didn't expect my employers "ie the public who pay their taxes" to give me a break because I was stressed. It's the job they chose to get paid for.  

Why do people get annoyed with the updates etc? Yes it causes issues but they are normally ones they dont know about untill it is played under the stress that normal playing by us lot give it and things we find. Atleast they are trying to update and put it rite. End of the day it is still officially a game in development so there is bound to be bugs. How many games are fully released and are perfect with no glitches or issues? I enjoy the game all the same and will continue to play as i do, moan when im on but that is all. Lets hope the update works wonders, it wont but lets see.

1 hour ago, xLunacy said:

Not just me mate. Without GP there would be no notice, I would even know myself, because not everybody checks Twitter.

Also, I work 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week, 51 weeks of the year, i did similar at uni but worked 24+ hours at weekends to make up the hours, and still walked out with a 1st. Work is work, stress is no excuse for not doing your job lol. 

1 hour ago, JaHakk said:

What do you read first when you log onto the forums? General Discussions or Patch Notes. Seems to me this was an announcement for an upcoming patch weather it is here or in patch notes. People will complain about anything. Consider this your official announcement for the upcoming patch.

I read the patch notes. The only reason this thread exsists is because of an unpaid forum moderator. This is not an official announcement. I don't check general til I'm home, if there are patchs upcoming and I'm at work, I remote log in to steam.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

As I said you don't have to even on your phone. You can look at Twitter through the web browser on your phone. So no, you don't have to download any 3rd party software.

And he shouldn't have to check anywhere else besides the official forums that support the game. If they want us to report bugs for them to fix here on the official forum, the least they can do is post the info on what they do with our bug reports at the same place they get them.

Despite Jat promise to be here and talk with people more often, nothing really changed. Developers may read threads, but their completely lack of direct response in players threads, made people discouraged to report bugs, ideas, solutions, because they were hardly ever commented by developers here. 

If you paid to have this website, use it to communicate with your playerbase directly. Not on twitter, but here.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, lvirusl said:

And he shouldn't have to check anywhere else besides the official forums that support the game. If they want us to report bugs for them to fix here on the official forum, the least they can do is post the info on what they do with our bug reports at the same place they get them.

What gets me is that people can't understand that what Jeremy posted was a quick message on twitter to give the most people the heads up that the next patch was on its way, and yes Twitter IS the easiest and quickest form of communication to get that notice out to the greatest number of people.

I then posted this thread to help get that notification out to even more people until they find the time to be able to detail the notice in the Patch Notes here on the forums.

But people still cry and whinge and have a fit simply because Jeremy did a decent thing and told people that something was coming, and I helped spread that news in the easiest way I could, but people still want blood? You all say that somebody could update the Patch Notes to simpley show that something was coming even if it didn't list the detail, and yes, they will at some point, but what gets something out there louder, sending out a tweet to 28k followers which can then be shared and retweeted, or Jeremy coming on to the forum and editing the Patch Notes will little detail and leave it for someone to "find".

Also because of this thread I made, which was made literally minutes after the tweet was sent out you all KNOW about this upcoming patch, so, the fact you all know about it because of either the tweet or this thread what is the problem here? Just because Jeremy didn't edit one line in the Patch Notes? How pathetic.

18 minutes ago, GP said:

As I said you don't have to even on your phone. You can look at Twitter through the web browser on your phone. So no, you don't have to download any 3rd party software.

I know a lot of people use social media, but a lot of people, myself included do not use social media, I for one avoid them like the plague.

Why then should I need to visit a website I would very much prefer not to visit just to find some information about the game that would have taken no more time to post on their website than it took them to post elsewhere?

• GP locked this topic

Archived