Patch v262 incoming!

GP

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Whelp, then nevermind. Geez that was quick...and odd that it's locked even though it moved to off-topic. Oh well.

It's a legitimate point that has been discussed a billion times already though. There is never a patch that comes and goes without someone complaining that it has or doesn't have patch notes, or if it's on time or not. Everyone knows lately that WC's patches are ALWAYS late...and even moreso with this months last bit of crunch time.

Tehre will be complaining no matter what. People just need to get use to it, stay quiet, and have patience...it's tiring seeing all these complaining threads pop up (and the one shot at making a home for all the complaining was locked in minutes).

Well, it's not the delay that annoys me, it's the lack of patch notes. 

23 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

He's got a legitimate point though. Hype up  about a new patch, but have no patch notes and have a really bad delay for the patch. I mean, come on man, at least give us patch notes. 

It's like saying "I have a surprise gift  for you and its really big, just close your eyes and I'll give it to you" then walking away and leaving them there to sit with their eyes closed. 

Or just don't open your mouth in tbe first place.  Considering the patches lately are mostly nerfs and new bugs, most players aren't exactly begging for them.  So just don't say anything about the patch until it's ready, and when it's ready, give people some warning.

Instead, Jeremy shoots his mouth off even though he has about a 5% rate of actually being correct with his patch announcements, and no one has any actual information, so every one is all annoyed and anxious waiting waiting and waiting for a non event.

It's pointless to complain though, because clearly he doesn't care that he's annoying the customers, or his coworkers who have to read and try to answer a solid wall of questions about a non existent patch.  Because he's done it a bunch of times before and never learned anything.

1 hour ago, bkrafty said:

I bet If I start a whining and complaining thread it might get more posts than the server wipe thread. Keep on the lookout for it. Really!

Didn't work, it was taken down? However, there is an Alpha sex thread? I don't quite get it. I guess there is no complaining even in its own thread. Beware

2 hours ago, Cloud24 said:

They announced on twitter that it was releasing on tuesday the same day....  then early today they said it would release in 3 hours.....

Why are you guys even announcing it if its not done?...   

Many of us here have been with Wild Card since the beginning, and you'll know it too;

If they announce a specific date for anything, take it with a heap of salt, it's likely not going to release on that date.

• Administrator

Sorry guys, Patch ETAs for this month are going to be more wildly inaccurate than usual just due to the crunch we're in (yes I know, how is that even possible when our ETAs already suck so much?). The current situation is that there was an issue with one of the programs we use for creating LODs and it messed up the cook, as I understand that problem has partially resolved itself for some of the development team, so we're recooking the update and it looks like it'll take approximately 1.5 - 2 hrs and then some checks need to be run. If I get any news beyond that, I will let you know. It's still looking to be a while out.

9 minutes ago, Jat said:

Sorry guys, Patch ETAs for this month are going to be more wildly inaccurate than usual just due to the crunch we're in (yes I know, how is that even possible when our ETAs already suck so much?). The current situation is that there was an issue with one of the programs we use for creating LODs and it messed up the cook, as I understand that problem has partially resolved itself for some of the development team, so we're recooking the update and it looks like it'll take approximately 1.5 - 2 hrs and then some checks need to be run. If I get any news beyond that, I will let you know. It's still looking to be a while out.

Thank you so much for the update.I want to believe most of the ark community is more than satisfied when we get these informative replies.

3 minutes ago, Jat said:

cooking? can you tell i know zero about software development yet? lol dont over cook it!!!!!!! i dnt like my updates dry :)

Thanks for update, Jat!

Well, i'm working tonight at home and today at office (july 14), so it would be good to have patch before i go to office :)

EDIT: "cooking" there means "compilation"

they compile new ARK build now and it always take a while.

It's like you have MUCH ingredients(program code) to cook something delicious, then you mix them and put to the cooking pot(compilator).

After a while(1-2 hours) you taste(test:)) it and if you like it you give it to taste others.

Otherwise you remove\add some ingredients(removing some bad strings in the code or adding new) and re-cook it for another 1-2 hours :)

• GP locked this topic

Archived