Patch v262 incoming!

GP

Yea, it doesn't make much sense to announce that a patch is coming without patch notes, especially when you mention about how long it will be before it hits. And I know someone said this wasn't an "Official" announcement due to Jeremy putting it on his Twitter, BUT when you are that far up the chain in a company. You don't get to make "Unofficial" announcements. When you are one of the faces for a company, don't put your foot in your mouth. Let those that work under you, the ones whose job it is to post "Official" announcements, make those kind of announcements. When someone that high up in a company makes "Unofficial" announcements like that, he/she is hurting their company's brand. Silence would have been a better option. Then the patch notes could have come out, and it would have been "Official"......

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Jeremy Stieglitz know how to tell time, let alone predict releases? I don't think he's ever once.. gotten an ETA, and even a statement regarding the release of the next update correct... Unless it's several hours after it has already been released. So, let me teach. Today means.. The day of which you determine it's "today", meaning.. that same day. 3-4 hours means.. 180 - 240mins or 10,800 - 14,400seconds from when you say it's 3-4 hours. Feel free to say ETA... Makes people a little less anxious, and understanding if you're unsure. A nice phrase you could use is, I'm hoping it will be released soon™, that's it.. quite simple. If you'd like for me to teach you more about the meaning of English words, let me know. <3 Take care, love ark.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Monics said:

Does Jeremy Stieglitz know how to tell time, let alone predict releases? I don't think he's ever once.. gotten an ETA, and even a statement regarding the release of the next update correct... Unless it's several hours after it has already been released. So, let me teach. Today means.. The day of which you determine it's "today", meaning.. that same day. 3-4 hours means.. 180 - 240mins or 10,800 - 14,400seconds from when you say it's 3-4 hours. Feel free to say ETA... Makes people a little less anxious, and understanding if you're unsure. A nice phrase you could use is, I'm hoping it will be released soon™, that's it.. quite simple. If you'd like for me to teach you more about the meaning of English words, let me know. <3 Take care, love ark.

People just need to learn to chill more.

Please more, the more you cry about it the more likely theres gonna be patchnotes posted within seconds...kappa. :D

We all agree that the word "estimated" in ETA is used to its full extend for years now and theres probably no changing it. Don´t take any time announcements seriously until you see the IG-notification, add arround 10-20 minutes to it and then start getting hyped ;) or wait for full release.

35 minutes ago, BrownieShytles said:

Please more, the more you cry about it the more likely theres gonna be patchnotes posted within seconds...kappa. :D

We all agree that the word "estimated" in ETA is used to its full extend for years now and theres probably no changing it. Don´t take any time announcements seriously until you see the IG-notification, add arround 10-20 minutes to it and then start getting hyped ;) or wait for full release.

Lol, it originally was a request that jeremy etc post here not on twitter, and not even full patch notes, just that there was an upcoming.

Also, you cannot trust the in game messages lol. i have waited over 3 hours for a 'patch incoming in 15 mins'.

But yes, i won this thread 2 days ago :)

34 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Lol, it originally was a request that jeremy etc post here not on twitter, and not even full patch notes, just that there was an upcoming.

Also, you cannot trust the in game messages lol. i have waited over 3 hours for a 'patch incoming in 15 mins'.

But yes, i won this thread 2 days ago :)

let´s transition the topic even further away then :D

conspiracy theory: maybe he posted that from the future? O.o maybe wildcard does that all the time they appear to fail with ETAs ?

3 minutes ago, wildbill said:

LOL, this thread is making me laugh (because it is such a sad testimony to human nature).

So if they didn't provide you with the information that a release is upcoming (the tease), you would then complain about that :D

If there is nothing, then what to complain about? I haven't commented in this thread, but WC did a bad marketing move (again) and I just cannot skip this thread without commenting on all these fanboi comments (like yours, or the previous one I quoted).

And you are right about human nature, humans are dumb. And now I mean however defends WC in this case.

1 minute ago, ToXiN said:

If there is nothing, then what to complain about? I haven't commented in this thread, but WC did a bad marketing move (again) and I just cannot skip this thread without commenting on all these fanboi comments (like yours, or the previous one I quoted).

And you are right about human nature, humans are dumb. And now I mean however defends WC in this case.

I'm surprised they are letting this go so off topic, but now that it has for about two days, I might as well respond.

I think my comment didn't say so much about WC, as those who have spent the last two days complaining. Didn't, mean to single you out, but you just happened to be the last person to respond.

This thread really is laughable, if you've read most of it. It is a repeat of the last 20 or so updates that were late, or we got very little notice. I don't like that any more than anyone else, but that there is always someone there to complain about it, like it is something new or unexpected is the funny part.

I'm not defending WC, just resigned to the fact that this is the way they communicate, just used to it. Some notice is better than no notice in my book.

33 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

On the one hand, there is a weired Mod that tells you to bring your breeding etc on par with patch announcements. on the other there are so many  Fanboys telling you to not get upset of the lack of communications.... hmmmmmmmm

What you call fanboys, could that just be normal people getting annoyed that every thread that could contain actual information about the topic (like about the upcoming release of 262 in this case), being taken over by the whiners and complainers?

• GP locked this topic

Archived