Patch v262 incoming!

GP

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Axiom666 said:

We're obviously off topic here. What some people are complaining about and some fail to accept as an issue is the fact that Wildcard does not update "their" OFFICIAL website before they jump on twitter. Why even have an "Official" website if you are not going to announce stuff here first? For that matter why even post that an awesome patch is coming today on twitter without any info. Heck, if you are so hard up on updating twitter first, then just say, "New patch in the works, no ETA yet, keep yur eyes on the forums". Easy peasy. And then when they have some semblance of a patch note ready, throow it on the forum with SUBJECT TO CHANGE at the top. Then when you KNOW the patch is ready throw up an ETA. Now will unforeseen circumstances occur, sure, that's life, but at least the issues should be marginalized. If you want to have small updates on twitter do stuff like this, "Patch still being worked. Issues with graphics, memory, bugs, mechanics, whatever" The whole, "They may not have time to update the forum is bullcrap" and you know it. Like someone said earlier, "That's why they have a community manager". Guessing or chasing information, or getting it from a player's post is poor information management for a business. Those that don't see that as an issue and see a problem with losing fellow players that are tired of it are fooling themselves. ALL players are the life blood for any game. So would it be so hard to keep an "Official" website up to date and use "social media" to post small, but informative information? No, it would not. But, of course, what do I know?

It is a lot easier to whip out your phone, type in 140 characters or less, and press send. This is the heads up. They are still probably debating what changes are ready or not, which we seen before with content removed at the last second. This is why we do not have patch notes set up on the website.

26 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

It is a lot easier to whip out your phone, type in 140 characters or less, and press send. This is the heads up. They are still probably debating what changes are ready or not, which we seen before with content removed at the last second. This is why we do not have patch notes set up on the website.

It's a business. Easier is not always the best option. If you are going to run an "Official" website then that should always be the first place you go for info, period. If they don't have anything informative to say, then why say anything. "Hey a patch is coming...." Ok cool and.......now we still know nothing. I know, how about they say something when they know what they want to put out in the patch. Oh and like I said, "They can put SUBJECT TO CHANGE at the top of the patch notes".  And then adjust the notes before they officially hit. And for that matter, why can't they whip out their phone and update the forum, it's not difficult. Heck, get rid of the "Official" forum, and then they can update us as they see fit. Until then, "Official" first, then tweet until you're blue in the face.  Selfish or not, I'm a PAYING customer. I go to "Official" mediums for my "Official" announcements, not "Unofficial" mediums. Why would I?

Honestly it wasn't much of an announcement to begin with, but I have to agree if you have something to announce about the product you are working on, it should be posted on the "official" site first and linked through 3rd party social media second. You shouldn't demand that your customers have to subscribe to 3rd party outlets to follow your progress. If it's too difficult to log in to your own site at least forward it to a community spokesman or mod and have it posted like young GP did here.

19 hours ago, GP said:

What gets me is that people can't understand that what Jeremy posted was a quick message on twitter to give the most people the heads up that the next patch was on its way, and yes Twitter IS the easiest and quickest form of communication to get that notice out to the greatest number of people.

I then posted this thread to help get that notification out to even more people until they find the time to be able to detail the notice in the Patch Notes here on the forums.

But people still cry and whinge and have a fit simply because Jeremy did a decent thing and told people that something was coming, and I helped spread that news in the easiest way I could, but people still want blood? You all say that somebody could update the Patch Notes to simpley show that something was coming even if it didn't list the detail, and yes, they will at some point, but what gets something out there louder, sending out a tweet to 28k followers which can then be shared and retweeted, or Jeremy coming on to the forum and editing the Patch Notes will little detail and leave it for someone to "find".

Also because of this thread I made, which was made literally minutes after the tweet was sent out you all KNOW about this upcoming patch, so, the fact you all know about it because of either the tweet or this thread what is the problem here? Just because Jeremy didn't edit one line in the Patch Notes? How pathetic.

Lmao just further proving the lack of professional conduct all the way from the CEO down to the community mods.  Also lets just ignore the fact he puts out a tweet for a release date and misses it EVERY SINGLE TIME FOR YEARS NOW.  Has to be on purpose at this point, which even further proves his pettyness.

The reason he posts this stuff on Twitter is cuz it is not an official announcement.  Don´t believe it to happen if there´s no patchnotes or ETA announced, you guys should by now know that wildcard can´t estimate time-consumption at all :P thats at least what i learned from the years of waiting. Guess Jeremy gotta learn not to use words like "today", "tomorrow" or "soon", since ppl actually take "today" as "today" and not "somewhat arround next friday" :D now pls stop bashing the poor Mod, after all you Twitter-haters now don´t have to visit Twitter since it´s beeing linked here ;)  wasted discussion in my eyes

Hoping for an event coming along with the patch this weekend :)

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Are we getting this today? Not complaining just anxious and thirsty for new stuff.

4 minutes ago, AdrielEtriss said:

Hello, this patch still dont come right? i just ask because i do not want to read this cancer here whats writed. so i just want to know if this will come with Breed food fix or not. Now is impossible to Breed Wyverns after this lasts update. 

It is still expected today yes. What will be contained in it currently is a mystery.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:33 PM, GP said:

Patch v262 is coming very soon, no Patch Notes yet but hopefully soon.

Honestly, nowdays Im NOT looking forward to patches... Wildcard methodically nerf everything, makes everything more time consuming (NOT difficult, just grindy), punish creative ideas and while there are useful changes the overall joy I see reading patchnotes is less patch by patch...

Actualy somehow I feel happines when I see patches are delayed, more time to enjoy what I achieved. (my speed leveled Tuso nods)

ps: thanks for constantly giving us heads up what the devs communicate OUTSIDE of the official forums. You deserve a medal for this and should get half of the salary of those "so called" pr managers...

This thread would not have gotten so out of hand if patch notes were released.

Because that's all people want to see! 

What you have fixed / implemented.

Give people a heads up in case there are any changes to dino's etc ( like the recent feeding/ spoil time fiasco )

And anything else that could directly impact or negate a persons hard work.

• GP locked this topic

Archived