Mantis Eggs at Ragnarok Map

Kiddrock

Hello guys. 

I would like share some information about Mantis eggs i found in past few days by countless testings,since could not find any information  myself about them  on Ragnarok map.

1.You can tame Mantis by passive feeding Deathworm spikes to Mantis with Gillie set and bug repalant active.On Ragnarok map they can be gathered from Ice worms in Ice cave located at Lat 30.9 Lon  37.8(flyer entrance)  Lat 31.3   Lon 33.7 ( by foot) here will be link  how to get there (note its not made by me thanks to Lucky by Nature )

2. Most important info i found is location where mantis lay eggs with higher rate,as you know at ather maps to make mantis lay eggs with higher rate you was needed place then in Unknown area but after few days of search didnt found any on Ragnarok map.After few Days of testing by placing Mantis egg farms in many locations of Ragnarok found that location called WILDERNESS  = Unknown area, in that area mantis lay eggs pretty much same rate us they do in unknown area at ather maps. Largest area i found was around Lat 59 Lon 30 near edge of  map along wall, there was more mainly along edge of map and ocean(didnt tryed build platform at ocean). You can find thos Areas by flying around holding H button which will give you information about place you are  at that moment.

Thanks all and good luck with tames. will adde more info if will find something new.

• 5 months later...

You say getting horns is easy. But you fail to mention the amount of time it takes to find and knock out 20 males looking for the stat you want Thylacoleo and then a female. 

then breed them till you get a male and female with the stats you need. over and over

maturing the newest high level youngling inside the cave. Plus getting high fur armor  on top of everything all that doesn't seem easy. 

23 hours ago, 20GT said:

You say getting horns is easy. But you fail to mention the amount of time it takes to find and tame a high male Thylacoleo and then a female. 

Raise their levels then breed them till you get a male and female then mature them.

Raise the new ones levels then breed them, maturing the newest high level youngling inside the cave. Plus getting high fur armor  on top of everything all that doesn't seem easy. 

We Only have 2 Metalshields and Bows and Arrows with us xDD and how you wanna get an Thyla to the queen?

Even on P+ its simple and Easy ^^ on normals server i would do this all alone ^^

3 hours ago, Bullyt said:

He will not fit through the path to the Queen 

You're right an adult thyla wont fit, but unless it's been patched, you take a pregnant moma thyla over there and have the baby follow you thru the path and mature it on the other side, or walk in 20 high level Vultures or Dimorphodons. That's why I said it's not easy. 

But this is not about the ice queen its about kibble for the rock golem 

We are the blue arrow built into the water using pillars (sorry was off on first one). Our mantis' lay eggs pretty consistently while hanging around raising though I do not know if it is considered a wilderness area. We have collected 30 in about 5 days from only 2 females with a male and ovi buff.

wilderness.thumb.jpg.6a654235a8046db785af59f60bd1e383.thumb.jpg.ca84eac2bf276a4ac773fb6f8e104c18.jpg

Also figured I'd chime in on your dimetrodon question as well from a separate thread. We actually built down into the water from our base and used a giant hatch frame then tamed a male and female dime. Bred them a bunch of times until we got 6 females. We put all 6 females in the pit and keep the male in the main building right above them plus the oviraptor near by. Put a feeding trough right above them and we have 2 to 3 eggs every time we open the trap door.

I'm on PS4, so it works for us there. 

Archived