Ragnarok Players... Question for you:

Moonie1

So I am an admin on a unofficial Rag server. Over the weekend I was flying around Viking Bay after one of our dinos was killed in a safe place (but thats another story). As I was flying around the bay I noticed a giga trapped in a stone pillar pen and was quite surprised to see it so far from the highlands. It was also near max level, so that would be one hell of a dangerous kite. I asked the tamers how the heck did they get a giga all the way over to Viking Bay and they responded with "It spawned here". HUH? I have never seen a giga in Viking Bay on any of the official or unofficial servers I play on. I have never heard of one spawning in global chat either.

So I ask all of you Ragnarok players, have you ever seen or heard of one spawning in Viking Bay?

Thanks.

This is Ark. Everything is possible.

By the way... either they said the truth, or someone else kited the giga there and they found it, or they lied to you. What is the difference?

The giga is there... :D

ps: I've also not seen giga there, we live there. But honestly, I didnt even see a single giga on Ragnarok (but also just a guest player on that map, mostly operating around the Ice cave). 

Got a kiss from a giga in Viking Bay within 30 seconds of my first-ever time spawning into the Ragnarok map (which was right after its official release). Didn't like the kiss very much...way too much teeth =/

I don't think I've ever seen a giga spawn there since then though. Plenty of Rexes and tons of allos and other unsavory things, but that was the only time I've seen a giga there. Quite the welcoming committee!

Shhh...or the devs will get butthurt that a giga is spawning in a non-approved location without a union card and making it possible for some variation in spawn points.

I used to love the fear of not knowing where gigas would spawn. First time on The Center Official map. Had played the mod Center on solo for a bit before release.

I spawned South Jungle, remembering it to be a bit easier to get started on south jungle shore. Within a minute, I saw a large metal sign. Beware of giga.

Hah, somebody was nice enough to warn of their meat run area.

Sixty seconds later I was screaming and running up a hill to some ruins as a level 60 female giga stepped out from between some boulders near the swampy area and gave chase.

Another time, tribemates were looking to go spelunking in the south jungle cave on their favorite rexes. Two hundred yards from the cave entrance, on a brief side trip to clear a beaver pond of cp, yelling and freak outs happened as a giga leaped off of the mountain behind them and began nomming on their rexes.

I tamed half a dozen by trapping them in the central ruins between north and south jungle.

Now, well, we need giga heart for boss!! Well, let's go up to 15, 20 and wait. Oh look, there's the only giga at the only spawn point that has not been removed by the devs.

GJ. The water used to be dangerous too. And not from some OP apex predator six feet long that can kill something a thousand times it's size without allowing it to fight back.

It used to be dangerous because, ya know, mosasaurs, and dunkle packs, rapid respawn plesios, and the ever present swarming hyper aggressive anglers with the occasional surprise jellyfish pack to catch you when you got complacent.

Now, after removing sixty percent of the spawns, a further cut on the water spawns by forcing in triple the amount of eels only is stupid.

I felt the water was good and dangerous enough prior to the patch with anglers being able to farm silica pearls. At that patch, everything went to crap. All spawns massively nerfed.

Ah the glory from many months ago when there were alpha mosa overspawns happening. We killed over forty alpha mosas in 30 hours. We got no breaks, always someone on watch and alpha duty. Near the end, before it was fixed, we were ganging up with four mateboost tamed mosas on single alphas. We finally got some rest when it was fixed, but the sheer nonstop frantic fun of constant alpha fights happening was great.

Now it is just going to be garbage eels everywhere and only option for swimming is basilo, like the rest of the maps.

Archived