I'm back! I see there are new updates too...

Anarki

Well… I’m back. And for longer this time I think.

I took some time out again after losing my prized Ptera and getting a bit bored of ARK. Both my Tribemate and I didn’t log in for 3 weeks, and we lost everything we had built up over the last 5 months (Jan to May). Some other tribe had pulled our buildings down and all that was left were 4 safes which had our best gear (not our MC bp’s though unfortunately). The new tribe has taken over our cliff and decided to build their own base upon it and wall off the beach – exactly like we had.

So, my tribemate had moved over the river (we can still see our old domain) and he built down some foundations. He entered talks with the new tribe and agreed to remove the safes from their base – they were quite nice apparently and gave him an Argy to help him move things over. Luckily the safes had many iron ingots, wax, narcs, high lvl armours etc so he got a pretty good start to his new base.

I logged in on Saturday to a ‘OMG, its Anarki!’ – it was nice to be recognised. I spawned into my tribemates base at the new location. It was nice just to see a handful of dinos (not the 370 odd we had before) and then it dawned on me. No Super-Bear and no Super-Ptera. They were my go to mounts but it was also nice just starting again with nothing. Yes, I was in a protected place but I knew I would be starting without any dinos which was refreshing and kind of exciting.

I grabbed my old armour and MC tools which my tribemate had rescued from the safes for me. I’m still lvl 76 and have all my engrams available all over again(thanks to the new updates).  300hp, 200 stam, 200 weight, 34 fort (IIRC) and 120 speed. Can’t think of the others just now.

The base is now manageable, the crafting area is sectioned off, and the cooking area is separate too. I do feel though that my tribemate could have planned it better but as he said in his own words – he just wanted to get something down. We will replan in a few weeks when we decide to extend the building a bit further – for now, Im just the resource provider and pack mule.

He is breeding some Super Raptors – 3 out of the 7 now have 1600hp, around 500+ on melee (could be wrong here) and they all have a nice array of colours. We have decided that one we have 5 nice ones the rest will be given away to newcomers to the server.

There is a Doed, a Stego, 5 Dilos, a Beaver, a Saber, an Iguanadon, 2 Oviraptors and a Carno on the bottom floor. There 2 Argys and 4 Pteras on the second floor and its wonderful! It’s so easy to walk around, not worry about feeding them, or moving them. I know that will change but we have kind of made a pact – this base isn’t and won’t get unmanageable again and we won’t get dino, after dino, after dino. Yes we have put up pillars so we can extend our boundaries with walls but for now, it’s nice having it altogether in once place.

So, the question is, what do we do now that we have given ourselves a foundation? Oh and this is on a Prim+ server on The Center.

Archived