Building a metal base on Scorched Earth ...

Gurtnevun

I used tons of metal trying to build a double walled base. After closing it down with a ceiling it became a furnace. I thought i would solve the problem with air conditioners. After adding 6, my hyperthermicl insulation would drop to -1900 instead of -2400. After trying to replace the inner layer of walls with adobe, they just wouldn't snap to the inside. I'm playing on official pvp on top of it all. At this point im kinda desperate and tired. I've seen huge base leftovers on the server and i can tell that at a certain base size the heat doesn't seem to affect the building because my insulation stats would stay the same even in a completely closed off area. Building with adobe is just so exposed and stacking air conditioners to a ridiculous extent seems redundantly expensive. Can someone help me out here? :)

Most scorched bases I have seen are metal exteriors, with a much smaller Adobe  interior for general base stuff. The metal bit is only really used to store dinos to keep them safe from golems, wyverns and what not, as you will die very quickly to water loss and heat exhaustion. No matter the size of the metal bit it will still be a furnace, you really do need the adobe interior.

I never tried the metal aspect of it but did play with my dwelling when joining a scorched earth server.  I build some with stone, wood and adobe pretty much whatever I was grabbing out of the beacons.  I know having a base close to the scar metal would serve a purpose and adobe would help with the heat aspect of it.  I've heard of people using the mind wipe tonic to build up their fortitude to help with heat exhaustion as well. 

You can place adobe and metal side by side as long as you have a ceiling above it on one side i think, people put metal on the outside on SE (mostly as a alpha wyvern defense or rock elemental defense with metal) then adobe stuff inside, takes a little practice.

Mindwipe isn't really a thing anymore, most players are already level 100 and not ascending anytime soon, they nerfed it to once per level, so people are not using them anymore, pretty much stuck at their levels for the rest of their ark lives (which might be years if they don't make a new character).

A fortitude of 40-80, along with living at the river/lake areas of SE (colder there) would be your best bet. But even with 40 or 80 you'll still need quality ghille or desert gear to beat the worst heat elements SE has, otherwise you'll be inside a lot

Lol yes you will die within minutes of being inside a metal base. You will need A LOT of ACs to stay alive. I build everything out of adobe with a metal fence around my base. The metal fence will keep dinos from breaking into your base. And use metal railings on metal fence foundations to make your fence, its the cheapest way in my opinion. Make them 6 railings high. Its tall enough to keep a golem out.

Archived