Duping has ruined official pvp servers!

myksta0121

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

I m not declaring this is full or EA, I am just stating a valid points.

Please read my pervious post above, easy to understand what i said, you cant assume my opinion with one line.

Sorry if it came off as an attack on you, its just a pet peeve of mine nowadays. How can a game that is about to go gold still be in the early access stage? 

Its like the NFL hosting a preseason game 25 days before the Superbowl 

4 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Sorry if it came off as an attack on you, its just a pet peeve of mine nowadays. How can a game that is about to go gold still be in the early access stage? 

Its like the NFL hosting a preseason game 25 days before the Superbowl 

My answer will be same if you missed that:

They dont do anything untill huge fall in player base.

People come on forum cry and after couple of hour they go back to play again.

On 10 July 2017 at 2:20 AM, myksta0121 said:

So people on the server i play on have been duping for the last week crashing the server constantly every 10 minutes. I have submitted countless amount of support tickets and tried every method possible to contact the devs(jat,jen,jesse,jeremey,thelilpanda) you name it i have done it. I have never recieved a responce and have supplied video proof of them duping after we have killed 5 identical brontos.

They are in a two caves duping tek gear and we have attacked and destroyed one cave then they reset the server to 6hrs previous before the cave is destroyed its like the film edge of tomorrow. They have told us they are "wiping the server" and we can only hold out for so long but when a tribe is duping 50 brontos even if you kill every single one they just pull another 50 out the drop/obelisk, cross ark transfers need to be stopped untill there is a fool proof method to stop duplication of dinos/items.

They have allready destroyed every other base on the server we have 30+ members and a massive base as we are alpha but we know soon enough our days are numbered. The bullets on the thousands of turrets we have will eventually deplete and they will simply steamroll the base with 50 of the same duped giga. We have allready started uploading valuable items like bp's and high lvl dinos but i think that going out in this method is a joke.

We have worked so hard to defend ourselves against any tribe, we have had countless amount of people try and fail to attack our base we have been to war with many huge tribes and have never once been raided in the 2 years we have been on this server, no legitimate tribe can cause us any bother but the dupers are a whole different story, its immpossible to defend against hundereds of the same bronto draining your bullets for hours over and over again and guys running round carrying 1k c4 or a full tek fob that gets replaced within seconds of you destroying it.

We are moving to another server with our alliance but just the fact that we have to take this step makes me and the other members of the tribe think what is the point in continue playing, if we can build a monsterous base that had taken years to build, when some duping kids can come in and destroy everything whilst they lose nothing. 

Dupers are a cancer on the game, Wildcard need to do more to protect the legitimate playing community against the actions of duping tribes, instead of hiding there head in the sand and turning a blind eye, i know they have taken action in the past to delete and ban people duping, but what good is that if the account they play on is a brand new "duping account" and the exploit of duping still exists for them to use at any moment.

I experienced the same thing on OC 775 and 773. Server was crashing every 10 mins for almost 24 hours straight. The most disgusting part was how people just don't care about it and say "everybody dupes so we may as well do it". Wildcard doesn't seem to care at all. People have said they think wildcard is ignoring the problem on purpose so no one can complain when they wipe servers on final release of game. That's screwed up because it's making it pointless for the players who don't cheat to play where as the cheaters can continue playing probably laughing their heads off at stupid wildcard. They are the worst game devs I can think of. Disgusting devs that don't care a bit about their customers.

56 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

Dude that wipe is logical to clean server to fresh start. Your link is 2 years old when ARK introduced and like other games wipe come most often in early game. 

Educate yourself before pasting google search result.

This "fresh start" could happen again as they have had discussion and their was going to be a possible server wipe aug. 2016 and this was then disclaimed by jat and said they would have discussion of it in Nov. 2016 They then had a few posts about a penalty for duping and for full blocking of obs around late Nov. 2016. Their was a little chatter about possible wipes but, it leaned more towards wiping out particular tribes and not full servers.  After that their was next to nothing on it until people have cried out about duping ( I do agree aswell that it is a plague ) But, the wiping of individual servers is just to help clear out the most cancerous parts of the disease. The chances of them doing a full wipe of all servers is likely to happen after they have found a solid solution to duping. Other wise I feel that a sever wipe will be pointless as they will just rebuild and dupe like they have before( I also feel the devs know this very well ). Now I agree with you for the moment that a wipe is not " logical " at the current time but, when they have a sure full proof way to put a end to duping. I feel safe to say that the servers will be so cancerous the devs won't have much choice other than to do a full server wipe. I feel this will lose a good chunck of players but, this game is one that draws people back. I think after the wipe alot of people that had previous played it will come back and with the game hitting full release and chrismas just past the corner of that I think it would be a opportune time to do a full sever wipe around Sept. 1st ( as lets be real the game more then likely won't hit full release until the middle of September as they have some serious issues still to deal with ).

Xbox specifically. It's blody out of control everyone is taking advantage of this on Xbox Officials and not a single thing is being done about it by WC. I have never seen a game kill itself before its full release which is only less than 1 month away! Seriously no statement about the current state of officials not even a word to your loyal investors of the game since the game released. Not only is it hurting reviews and your reputation, but think of the mass amount of people who will buy this game on release and spawn into Officials and see the state of them. The amount of refunds that will be handed out will be glorious and its nothing short of what you deserve for letting officials get like this. I seriously doubt this game will be any different come full release. Which is awful. EA is still on of the worst game companies I've seen but Wildcard are climbing right up there with them. How this game has been handled as been shocking.

Duping - I hear about it but I don't understand how it actually works. Everyone says all that lag comes from people duping but how do they know this is happening for sure. I see posts from people saying look at this tribe they duped all their stuff but how do we actually know they did? I'd just like to see some proof that it was actually happening on the gigantic scale everyone says it is happening on...

2 minutes ago, Lucifina said:

Duping - I hear about it but I don't understand how it actually works. Everyone says all that lag comes from people duping but how do they know this is happening for sure. I see posts from people saying look at this tribe they duped all their stuff but how do we actually know they did? I'd just like to see some proof that it was actually happening on the gigantic scale everyone says it is happening on...

Its not hard to find proof. A 20sec search into Youtube will show you server numbers and tribe names.

8 minutes ago, Pogue1995 said:

Its not hard to find proof. A 20sec search into Youtube will show you server numbers and tribe names.

Pretty sure the one you replied to is a duper. Always demanding proof then seeing some proof in some of these threads and...but you don't know for sure. 

Duping is something that they probably want exploited. They have a hard release date meaning it won't be delayed. So let people dupe to understand it better and possibly stop it, or at least as many ways of duping as they can. It is sad though. No word, yet they know its there. Wiping people that paid WC money, unfairly wiped due to cheating and lack of security and those guys don't even get a "sorry". Kinda pathetic. 

When carebears was wiped, I don't even think WC said they duped. I think at the end of the explanation. All they said was "they sure did have a lot of Dino's and items". Just a slap in the face really even though everyone praised them. Took em so long to do it. And those guys would dupe and talk about it and cheat on stream. Multiple streams. Too busy adding eels I spose

My guess is they wanna do a wipe upon release and are just keeping quiet to let duping destroy the servers worse then they already are so they can wipe them and have a reason to do it so they don't get as much backlash from the community if that's even possible at this stage lol they probably already figured out how to patch it all too and are just waiting till the time is right for them to drop the bomb on everyone , like hey guys due to extreme duping glitches that have been happening for quite some time on our servers we have decided to push a wipe unfortunately we are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause ?

That should currently be the name of the game. I understand this is an alpha I have 4k hours into the game. But the absolute lack of ability to limit duping and or maybe just having actual consequences to dupers makes this game a joke. Countless legit players I know even say if you cannot beat them join them. At this point I finally welcome a wipe and even want to stop playing. So yea WC you got my money but unless you halt the hideous example of official server abuse you have I really do not see a future in SURVIVAL EVOLVED however it is a good game for those dishonest cheating types.

The interesting thing is. Ark has been this way for years.. and for years people say it's destroying the game... And yet, they keep drawing people in. Ark hasn't disappeared.

Regarding duping... every time they crash server, your stuff is duped also... so it's not like it's a balance problem. But obviously, crashing server IS a problem, and perhaps something they need to work on. Official servers are also absolute crap. :) I gave up on them a long time ago.

My problem is that the patch to try and curb official server duping has caused more harm, and is affecting unofficial servers also. My unofficial servers don't have any probs, no duping, no crashing. But this patch is killing it, server lags out and crashes constantly... Why they felt they had to release the patch that hurts EVERY server, to try and save an already doomed official server is beyond me.

How about give server owners the option to turn this off.. it's a very simple request. 1 setting to disable 1min autosaves.

Thanks

More and more videos popping up on YouTube relating to duping on official PvP servers. 

More and more servers are being raided and wiped by tribes who dupe. 

More and more servers are going down because of dupers.

Ark will not last long unless drastic measures are taken and I do not mean banning dupers, I mean FIXING it completely, someway, and removing all of the duped loot. 

Here's a recent video of a well known mega tribe on PS4 (who have been caught with duped Gigas, etc.) Raiding another big tribe's Duping underwater cave. The fact that this much loot is on official servers from duping alone, is absolutely alarming and I honestly doubt this game will last a few more months because the duping mega tribes will wipe every server that isn't connected to them.

7 minutes ago, AbnormallyDealy said:

Ark official servers need to be wiped on release but will it happen no... Official servers are Aids and wildcard wont do anything about it.

If they ever wipe the servers, they need to completely stop the ability to dupe first otherwise it would be pointless. I've also made suggestions before like maybe if they give every item/structure an ID (like tames) and made it so that every item/structure/dino with an identical ID, is automatically deleted. Cloned dinos could have a different ID. That may not be possible though, but they need to act fast otherwise everyone who plays legit is going to move onto another game. 

8 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Just need to stop the duping methods and then go around wiping and banning the offenders.

You can help them out by recording evidence, uploading to YouTube, and then including the link with a ticket

Problem with that is even the average tribes who're considered "no namers" and keep their heads down, are duping too. It's spreading like wildfire. 

Duping is so easy to do and honestly at this point the only way you can play offical and not get wiped is to join the club. This is why I personally do not play offical. I would like to see a wipe of offical servers at the launch and also to fix the dupe glitch you would just have to limit the amount of lights a person can place to a certain number so you can not lag out the server and duping will die.

2 minutes ago, Spooxy said:

Duping is so easy to do and honestly at this point the only way you can play offical and not get wiped is to join the club. This is why I personally do not play offical. I would like to see a wipe of offical servers at the launch and also to fix the dupe glitch you would just have to limit the amount of lights a person can place to a certain number so you can not lag out the server and duping will die.

You're right. It's so easy to do, it's ridiculous. I refuse to join their club though. I'd rather spawn in items/multiple tames on Singleplayer than dupe on official. The only players who're duping on official for some sort of advantage, are power hungry, social-media-YouTube/Twitch-fame-craving teenagers/mentally-immature adults or those who're doing it lowkey to defend against other hostile duping tribes.

58 minutes ago, Crows said:

If they ever wipe the servers, they need to completely stop the ability to dupe first otherwise it would be pointless. I've also made suggestions before like maybe if they give every item/structure an ID (like tames) and made it so that every item/structure/dino with an identical ID, is automatically deleted. Cloned dinos could have a different ID. That may not be possible though, but they need to act fast otherwise everyone who plays legit is going to move onto another game. 

That's a lot of info to store. 

I think a possibly better option is that whenever a server rollbacks it updates the "central" server that stores upload data, and if something was uploaded after the save it deletes it from the upload. 

Archived