Devs does any of you play official?

Anaribaluis1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you saw a dev playing Official PVP, what would you think first? are they spawning things in? are you force taming? 

Wouldnt the devs not want to play on their main accounts because they would be accused of abuse and also constantly raided by people who wanted to claim they raided the devs? They'd never get anywhere because of it.

For the same reason people dont want unofficial admins playing, is the same reason you dont want official admins playing. You dont want "suspected abuse" to be an issue. Kids would constantly accuse them of abuse if they ever played official servers on their dev accounts. 

3 hours ago, Karnivore said:

Lmao, these kids think the devs play the game on their official dev accounts?

Who the hell would want to listen to the spamming them every time they log in becos they have the dev card next to their name. Think trying to play official with these whiny children in global chat.

Judging by the current state of official servers (there was once a time where games were always "shown at their very best" on official servers), they haven't touched official servers since they migrated their hosting from Amazon in North America to Nitrado in Germany. By the way, are they ever going to get rid of the fake ping counter? All i can do is laugh when i see that i've got a 20 ping on a server in Germany when I'm in Kalifornia. It's just not physically possible and running tracert proves its a lie.

4 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Judging by the current state of official servers (there was once a time where games were always "shown at their very best" on official servers), they haven't touched official servers since they migrated their hosting from Amazon in North America to Nitrado in Germany. By the way, are they ever going to get rid of the fake ping counter? All i can do is laugh when i see that i've got a 20 ping on a server in Germany when I'm in Kalifornia. It's just not physically possible and running tracert proves its a lie.

As they have said themselves, of course they play the game they make, but im not going to bother getting into it again.

And i highly doubt the ping display is intentionally made to be incorrect, and it clearly isnt correct most of the time. But does it really matter what some number says? If your trying to play on a server on the other side of the world who cares if its 150 ping or 500 ping? either way its unplayable, even if it says 30ping, any gamer with a IQ above 10 knows you dont play on a server so far away.

7 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You are the playtester :)

I thought all you mods were official testers for Wildcard? Isn't that part of the tradeoff? You know... work free for us here as a tester, and work free for us there as a mod. lol. You guys really do deserve a paycheck. You, and especially the Mod and Tester that plays on the official server i play on *cough* Cia *cough* put up with WAY too much to not get a pay check.

The devs have said countless times, THERES NO WIPE ON RELEASE, they know about the duping, but they're not going to wipe because of that.If you don't like it, then im sorry.

For the longest time they wanted a wipe because of pillaring. Then it was because of crap performance (which was due to moving to nitrado in Germany), and now they've decided their best chance at a wipe is to cry about duping in order to get the wipe.

But the reality of it is, they want the wipe because they can't possibly beat the alpha tribe and want wildcard to do it for them. They think that if that happens, then the playing field would be even and they may be the alpha tribe, which is laughable because that alpha tribe knows the game better, is better organized, and by wiping the servers they're going to be extra pissed that they had to start over and you noobs will suffer greatly for it because you caused the wipe.

There are other reasons people want wipes tho. Like on PVE servers its noobs who think they deserve the best pieces of land, or they're jealous that players are light years ahead of them and just can't stand seeing a big grand base next to their thatch shack. Im sure those who think that way also hold similar political views and voted for Sanders. lol. The fact is, you suck, but if you work hard you'll achieve the ark dream.

1 hour ago, DizZNuTz said:

If you saw a dev playing Official PVP, what would you think first? are they spawning things in? are you force taming? 

Wouldnt the devs not want to play on their main accounts because they would be accused of abuse and also constantly raided by people who wanted to claim they raided the devs? They'd never get anywhere because of it.

For the same reason people dont want unofficial admins playing, is the same reason you dont want official admins playing. You dont want "suspected abuse" to be an issue. Kids would constantly accuse them of abuse if they ever played official servers on their dev accounts. 

They don't need to play on an official account though. How many of Blizzards employees played Vanilla WoW without letting people know they worked for the company (hint: most if not all). Now eventually some of them got found out but they were always good about trying to keep it hush hush. I think what the OP is asking is do the devs actually play on an official server so that they have a first hand experience of what players are experiencing.

1 hour ago, DizZNuTz said:

You do understand that admin rights on this game are not based per character but per info you have access to...right ?

If you have the administrative password...no matter from which account you play (dev or private) you can get access to everything you want and use spawn codes. 

6 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

As they have said themselves, of course the play the game they make, but im not going to bother getting into it again.

And i highly doubt the pin display is intentionally made to be incorrect, and it clearly isnt correct most of the time. But does it really matter what some number says? If your trying to play on a server on the other side of the world who cares if its 150 ping or 500 ping? either way its unplayable, even if it says 30ping, any gamer with a IQ above 10 knows you dont play on a server so far away.

It is designed to be fake. Why? Run Tracert from command prompt and the server and it will show each server hop, the last one being (in my case) in Southern California... but with a German IP address. So the trace ends at a location they get that low ping number from, but doesn't show the last hops to another continent like most other game servers would.

10 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

As they have said themselves, of course they play the game they make, but im not going to bother getting into it again.

And i highly doubt the ping display is intentionally made to be incorrect, and it clearly isnt correct most of the time. But does it really matter what some number says? If your trying to play on a server on the other side of the world who cares if its 150 ping or 500 ping? either way its unplayable, even if it says 30ping, any gamer with a IQ above 10 knows you dont play on a server so far away.

Maybe because it's dumb that when someone selects a server that shows a ping of 20...then they join and ping is 120...maybe if they joined the 80 ping server their ping would have been 90. 

8 hours ago, Casanova said:

Give me a short while and i'll calculate the exact time to the nanosecond that Jat has played ARK for you. I'll also try to get the coordinates and times of every Unreal Unit he has touched and create a heat map showing his most visited places.

Calm down buddy, it was just letting you know that we don't use the personal accounts to play, test or work on ARK.So those numbers don't reflect how much time we spend in ARK.^_^  Don't turn this thread into something it's not.

DOWN WITH CROSS-ARK TRANSFER!!!! You guys can end duping as quickly as you unknowingly birthed it. Character transfers with destroyed inventory are fine, dino/c4 transfer just allows duping and mega tribes that "own" dozens of official servers at a time! Its become common practice to wipe entire servers with duped c4 and gigas for youtube views. If you play official pvp you've encountered some of these special little cancers. Your response can end this topic and put our doubts to rest. Great power great responsibility.

Is there and end in sight to this endless duping/intentional server lag for most of the day on pvp servers?  Or are we gonna keep getting tek troughs, lulxd

19 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

I thought all you mods were official testers for Wildcard? Isn't that part of the tradeoff? You know... work free for us here as a tester, and work free for us there as a mod. lol. You guys really do deserve a paycheck. You, and especially the Mod and Tester that plays on the official server i play on *cough* Cia *cough* put up with WAY too much to not get a pay check.

I'm not sure if all the mods became testers, but alot of the testers are not mods as i am not a mod.

On 11/07/2017 at 11:42 AM, ciabattaroll said:

That's because their descriptors make use of the template set by the default primitive engram. The only thing different is that the quality and attributes of the blueprints affect the cost of the item which ultimately affects whether or not it can be crafted in a smithy/fabricator or must be crafted in a replicator due to storage issues.

You need to focus more on what I originally quoted to get the context of my post.  It was rhetorical.

Archived