Devs does any of you play official?

Anaribaluis1

2 hours ago, Mustyzzle said:

The real question is : Why do ppl actualy play on official when you know it is the biggest hell of a place to be ? 

Go find an unofficial with good admin and life will be better. 

Official was, is, and will ever be Free For All. 

Well consoles don't have any unofficial servers, and it's really hard to find a admin that doesn't abuse his power.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
On 7/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

They, like the mods here, ONLY play PVE official occasionally,

pure speculation. i would estimate 1300-1400 (most likely more, but would have to dig through ss so im going low) hours out of my total time played has been on official servers, which i have played on exclusively since last November. i came to official trying to reproduce an issue that was reported in these very forums and decided to stay. seemed like the only way to have an informed opinion regarding official players issues is to play on an official server myself. yes its PVE

27 minutes ago, Anaribaluis1 said:

Well consoles don't have any unofficial servers, and it's really hard to find a admin that doesn't abuse his power.

I did not know you were talking about console. I hope you guys will have the possibility to run your own private server soon or later. 

And yes you got a point, it is hard to find honnest admin but you can find them, it might even be you ! Thats what i did, i run my own server and im happy with it. Admin who abuse of their power will have nothing but an empty server.

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Anaribaluis1 said:

Well consoles don't have any unofficial servers,

they do, it just requires another console to host the server, and those that are hosted on a secondary console are considered "unofficial servers".

if you meant there are no providers through which you can rent a server or host one on a personally owned PC, then you are correct.

just a little clarification:)

14 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

they do, it just requires another console to host the server, and those that are hosted on a secondary console are considered "unofficial servers".

if you meant there are no providers through which you can rent a server or host one on a personally owned PC, then you are correct.

just a little clarification:)

Yeah that was I trying to say. Hosting in another console is really terrible, that console is going to overheat because of how long you leave it on

24 minutes ago, Mustyzzle said:

I did not know you were talking about console. I hope you guys will have the possibility to run your own private server soon or later. 

And yes you got a point, it is hard to find honnest admin but you can find them, it might even be you ! Thats what i did, i run my own server and im happy with it. Admin who abuse of their power will have nothing but an empty server.

I play on both platforms im just saying some stuff that is missing.

18 minutes ago, TheRealWillard said:

I have a second PS4 that I run a Unofficial dedicated server on and have never had an "overheating problem." I often let it run for a few days at a time with no issues.

Hmm I have friends that their ps4 overheats and they send it back for maintenance, but im talking leave it on at all times

16 hours ago, YUSHOETMI said:

clubs have been balanced? what have I missed?

50% nerf to damage. Is more balanced, but then I do not let non tribe mates in club range anyway. Makes for more fun in whack a mole games around base though when you actually can run. Ascendant cattle prod more fun anyway. Poked a mosa with one once. Disastrous results. Never get drunk, go swimming around underwater with three drunk friends, and then take a dare to poke a stuck fifty foot lizard with a zap stick.

Lizard is always faking. He is not stuck. it is a trap.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, BulletForce said:

Most of the devs and moderators are PVE players from what my sources have told me. It's pretty evident when you consider it took them over a year to balance flyers and 2 years to balance clubs. A PVP player would picked up on this straight away.

clubs we're not released until long after the game

On 7/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, BulletForce said:

Most of the devs and moderators are PVE players from what my sources have told me. It's pretty evident when you consider it took them over a year to balance flyers and 2 years to balance clubs. A PVP player would picked up on this straight away.

clubs we're not released until long after the game

4 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

pure speculation. i would estimate 1300-1400 (most likely more, but would have to dig through ss so im going low) hours out of my total time played has been on official servers, which i have played on exclusively since last November. i came to official trying to reproduce an issue that was reported in these very forums and decided to stay. seemed like the only way to have an informed opinion regarding official players issues is to play on an official server myself. yes its PVE

Sorry man but theres nothing official about pve, you don't have Alphas, duping isnt completely destroying your experience(Theres really no need to dupe on pve anyway), you don't have to worry about gear balance or imprisonment or the horrible imbalance of destroying vs building, defenses are moot, breeding god tier dinos is easy when you don't have to dump time and resources into defense, or worry about steel pens with turrets with 500+ ammo each to keep your dinos safe. The duping is the biggest thing though, even when its your allies, the 255 ping lost us a giga today, and several loads of gear recently.  Zerg tribes, cash-bought dino armies bullying and razing and "owning" 20-30 official servers at a time.

This is what we deal with in the REAL Ark experience, and i dont blame you for avoiding pvp with its current state, but its the way the game was designed to be played, but the devs are so out of touch with their "hardcore" playerbase(A.K.A the ones who buy DLC and play faithfully) Its embarrassing, we have been abandoned. Patches come out to fix things only after months of complaining, and ALWAYS with the least amount of possible effort, with not a thought towards balance given(Flyer nerf). They keep pushing new tek trash and dinos down our throat, or "fixing" benign, harmless glitches like rare flowers or even HELPFUL, BALANCED ONES that actually help ease the OP offense meta(armored crop plots)

This isnt really about pve anymore lol, no offense intended i just feel like all the devs are sheltered from what ark really is.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 hours ago, Kallor said:

If they were wouldn't it make more sense for the blueprint to have "Crafted in: Replicator" on them?  Rather than a convoluted means of exceeding item limits and or weight?

That's because their descriptors make use of the template set by the default primitive engram. The only thing different is that the quality and attributes of the blueprints affect the cost of the item which ultimately affects whether or not it can be crafted in a smithy/fabricator or must be crafted in a replicator due to storage issues.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

This isnt really about pve anymore lol, no offense intended i just feel like all the devs are sheltered from what ark really is.

so now that its found some mods/devs do play on Official servers we're somehow disqualified because you dont consider Official PVE to be Official? waa..?  

i can appreciate that PVP is a different Ark experience with its own issues. i think it should be handled as a separate game and balanced differently. i also think for you to tell me i am not "hardcore" or imply i dont play "faithfully" because i play PVE, when i have invested almost 3800 hours and my tribe has well over 20k hours is insulting. who are you to decide what the "real Ark experience" is for anyone other than yourself? if you think PVP is the only real consideration regarding Ark i would have to say its you that is sheltered from what Ark really is...which is a game with many players playing in many different ways, ALL OF WHICH are important and should be considered.

too funny...never had someone try and tell me that playing on an Official server isnt Official...cause they say so...:D

this will not become a PVP vs PVE discussion, there are plenty of other threads for that.... 

7 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

so now that its found some mods/devs do play on Official servers we're somehow disqualified because you dont consider Official PVE to be Official? waa..?  

i can appreciate that PVP is a different Ark experience with its own issues. i think it should be handled as a separate game and balanced differently. i also think for you to tell me i am not "hardcore" or imply i dont play "faithfully" because i play PVE, when i have invested almost 3800 hours and my tribe has well over 20k hours is insulting. who are you to decide what the "real Ark experience" is for anyone other than yourself? if you think PVP is the only real consideration regarding Ark i would have to say its you that is sheltered from what Ark really is...which is a game with many players playing in many different ways, ALL OF WHICH are important and should be considered.

too funny...never had someone try and tell me that playing on an Official server isnt Official...cause they say so...:D

this will not become a PVP vs PVE discussion, there are plenty of other threads for that.... 

Lol  pull that mod card, acting all authoritative after typing an entire paragraph about pve vs pvp. Somebody needs a safe space. LOL  "tribe". I never meant to insult but you do play on a mode where a large portion of the games items and concepts are rendered useless, turned off or just plain removed to make a quite literally SHELTERED environment for casual play. So on topic, the awful state of Official servers OP Is referring to is quite obviously not something youve ever experienced. If that offends you i'm sorry but its objective fact.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 7/8/2017 at 5:38 PM, BulletForce said:

Most of the devs and moderators are PVE

On 7/9/2017 at 8:38 AM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

They, like the mods here, ONLY play PVE official occasionally, unofficial boosted rate PVP with their friends, or unofficial PVE.

The mods are here to moderate the forums. Not to playtest, debug or develop the game. I'm not sure why their playstyle (most play pvp) matters.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Sorry man but theres nothing official about pve, you don't have Alphas, duping isnt completely destroying your experience(Theres really no need to dupe on pve anyway), you don't have to worry about gear balance or imprisonment or the horrible imbalance of destroying vs building, defenses are moot, breeding god tier dinos is easy when you don't have to dump time and resources into defense, or worry about steel pens with turrets with 500+ ammo each to keep your dinos safe. The duping is the biggest thing though, even when its your allies, the 255 ping lost us a giga today, and several loads of gear recently.  Zerg tribes, cash-bought dino armies bullying and razing and "owning" 20-30 official servers at a time.

That sounds more like you creating an arbitrary definition for an "official" server than what the actual definition is. Official servers are by and large complimentary servers provided by Studio Wildcard through their server providers to allow for people who purchase ark to play the game online. Anything else that goes on within those servers is just that : stuff that happens within those servers. Said activities or lack thereof do not in any way shape or form make a server any less nor any more official.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

entire paragraph about pve vs pvp

nothing i said has anything to do with pve vs pvp. i stated they were 2 different games and should be treated as such. you are the one saying one is lesser than the other...actually this is pointless, as proven by your last two responses you read whatever you want into what is said anyway...good day sir.

On 7/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, DomiDarko said:

It seems they only test stuff for about 5 minutes and if things work, they think it's all fine. Some stuff really had to be tested in long terms (breeding, eels, squids, more complicated building, etc.)...

Well.. testers might and should give input on design decision, but once the specs are done they supposed to test functionality per specification. It is NOT the testers fault if the design is broken or unbalanced - that is not a testing problem.  If the testers are pushy enough to bring attention to balance issues - that is an extra, but normally not a quality or a requirement from a tester.

(a QA lead here :) )

Trash game, trash, unregulated servers, game runs like crap, any real build or battle drops frames to a pathetic amount for 2017, release is 3 weeks away and they haven't even put a dent in the awful performance, duping, glitches that can ruin 20+hours of work, balance is still wayyy off and here we have paid dlc, hordes of copypasted filler dinos, and unnecessarily OP tek gear pushed down our throats. I'll double down on my salt and venture to say the devs dont play ark at all, even the playtesters if they aren't a myth.

Archived