Devs does any of you play official?

Anaribaluis1

Devs those any of you play official servers, seems like y'all don't and mostly relieved on your pc tester that probably most of them don't Know  what needs fixing and mostly just promote your broken game, reminds me of how bungie was blowing activision? during destnity firts year. Instead of listening to your community that tells y'all what to prioritize first  yall nerfed everything which eventually leads to many f Ups in all of your updates.  

Not to mention that literally all of your servers are crap, probably the worst I've ever seen, literally anyone can ddos your servers anytime they want, I'll will be ashamed if you guys leave this as it is during release.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have wondered at times too if the devs play the game. I sometimes felt like the testers just tested to see if something they implemented works the way they wanted it to work, but did it actually WORK? Does it work for the players or add more chores, does it make things easier or harder, does the recipe make sense, is this recipe too expensive, are timers not long enough, do dinosaurs eat too much, how much maintenance does this machine need, does this make the player's life easier or harder? These are all just examples of what they could look at but I wonder if they do until enough players complain about something.

12 hours ago, BlueFox91 said:

I have wondered at times too if the devs play the game. I sometimes felt like the testers just tested to see if something they implemented works the way they wanted it to work, but did it actually WORK? Does it work for the players or add more chores, does it make things easier or harder, does the recipe make sense, is this recipe too expensive, are timers not long enough, do dinosaurs eat too much, how much maintenance does this machine need, does this make the player's life easier or harder? These are all just examples of what they could look at but I wonder if they do until enough players complain about something.

It seems they only test stuff for about 5 minutes and if things work, they think it's all fine. Some stuff really had to be tested in long terms (breeding, eels, squids, more complicated building, etc.)...

2 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

It seems they only test stuff for about 5 minutes and if things work, they think it's all fine. Some stuff really had to be tested in long terms (breeding, eels, squids, more complicated building, etc.)...

Have to agree with that. I just wonder how to beat eels on prim+ with a basilo which starts taking dmg (from depth, pressure or so) before trying to dive into the rift, below the actual deep sea on rhe center. Might use a mosa/plesio and kill them with aoe, but random lags say just dare to try.

I especially like the costs of certain ascendant items, mostly saddle. Not craftable in a smithy or beaver, only in the tek one as it needs too many slots and is too heavy. Think the last asc giga saddle bp needed around 3k weight.

16 hours ago, Anaribaluis1 said:

Devs those any of you play official servers, seems like y'all don't and mostly relieved on your pc tester that probably most of them don't Know  what needs fixing and mostly just promote your broken game, reminds me of how bungie was blowing activision? during destnity firts year. Instead of listening to your community that tells y'all what to prioritize first  yall nerfed everything which eventually leads to many f Ups in all of your updates.  

Not to mention that literally all of your servers are crap, probably the worst I've ever seen, literally anyone can ddos your servers anytime they want, I'll will be ashamed if you guys leave this as it is during release.

Yeah they play the game, but I seriously doubt they have the time for officials 

They, like the mods here, ONLY play PVE official occasionally, unofficial boosted rate PVP with their friends, or unofficial PVE. The only time it is ever possible to see them in official PVP is when they are standing still in god mode staring at their palm spawning in stuff or demolishing bases via admin commands because someone was caught cheating(not very often) or a 12 year old said something rude to them and they are swinging the hammer.

So, to answer the question, No, they do not.

I got it, they don't have time for the official grind.

But, they make decisions that affect those of us that play official and set the limits.

Maybe they should remove their fingers from their ears or fire the little dog sipping tea with flames burning all around him saying "This is fine" that is advising them.

I'll be the first to say they are foolish to release the game with terrain glitching and transfer duping active.

But then, they re-enabled character and item transfer on officials knowing it was still possible to dupe because they never fixed the original duping methods.

So, yeah. They have someone incompetent advising them.

It could just be Ark, but when I have a guy in my tribe who is constantly screwing up, getting stuff killed, losing gear, getting lost on the map, etc....

I stop thinking they are incompetent and start thinking they are trolling and working to bring about the tribe's downfall by paralyzing the tribe into inactivity because of them.

Hey WC, maybe you got a troll in your ranks looking to bring about your downfall through bad decisions!!

Heh. WC gets inside raided. Heh.

Do you need to play the game if you have all the statistics from thousands and thousands of players who play on officials?

@ducttapefixeseverythingbesides the baseless rant which has no actual proof because you seem to be pretty uneducated on the topic how game developing works I'll only go in on one point: Of course they do not have time for the official grind. They have to work on the game... Who would develop the game if the devs would play all day on an Official PvP?

7 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Do you need to play the game if you have all the statistics from thousands and thousands of players who play on officials?

@ducttapefixeseverythingbesides the baseless rant which has no actual proof because you seem to be pretty uneducated on the topic how game developing works I'll only go in on one point: Of course they do not have time for the official grind. They have to work on the game... Who would develop the game if the devs would play all day on an Official PvP?

For starters, they might just get an eyeful of what they are doing?  Maayybee they will see how much of a timesink they have created? 

Maybe if they sunk a thousand hours into a base only to have chinese glitchers blow it up from inside the terrain while they are offline they might feel a warm spot on the seat of their pants to fix the issue.

Maybe if they had to fight a bunch of exploiters with level 700 rexes with 2K melee and eighty thousand hp they might see things differently.

Maybe if there was a never ending stream of naked bobs with rockets running at their dinos they spent hundreds and thousands of hours breeding, only to have a person who does not even play nerf them so bad that really all the dinos do is provide a stationary meat shield for a few blasts rather than fight, they might think differently.

And then we have you, again, yammering about something you know nothing about in your little isolated solo world all by yourself. If you do not play official, your opinion about official means nothing. Go spawn some more dinos in and brag about how you tamed or killed them in your solo boosted play with your spawned in dinos.

There's a reason you don't have tribemates and play by yourself away from everyone else. And it has become painfully obvious to anyone who has read more than two of your posts why that is.

And don't start with your non dedicated line again. It gets old. We know you spawn stuff in. You admitted to it. You lose all validity when you brag about spawning in stuff for your own use to play the game.

Uneducated on how game development works. Game development has nothing to do with what I am talking about. But then, I am responding to a troll. Your very nature makes you unable to comprehend what I am saying.

You are just commenting on a subject to inflate your post count and to continue trolling.

That's why you play alone. No one likes trolls.

9 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Lmao. Yes, clearly stats do well to tell them what needs to be adjusted. What a ridiculous statement. 

Dude. They don't have time to play on official PVP because they have jobs? Yeah, so do almost all of us too, and we make it work. Fully half of your posts seem like trolling or willful ignorance

On 7/8/2017 at 11:38 PM, BulletForce said:

Most of the devs and moderators are PVE players from what my sources have told me. It's pretty evident when you consider it took them over a year to balance flyers and 2 years to balance clubs. A PVP player would picked up on this straight away.

clubs have been balanced? what have I missed?

20 hours ago, Mardagg said:

Have to agree with that. I just wonder how to beat eels on prim+ with a basilo which starts taking dmg (from depth, pressure or so) before trying to dive into the rift, below the actual deep sea on rhe center. Might use a mosa/plesio and kill them with aoe, but random lags say just dare to try.

I especially like the costs of certain ascendant items, mostly saddle. Not craftable in a smithy or beaver, only in the tek one as it needs too many slots and is too heavy. Think the last asc giga saddle bp needed around 3k weight.

Aren't certain items meant to be tied to the ascendancy/end game portion of the game, though?

47 minutes ago, Kallor said:

If they were wouldn't it make more sense for the blueprint to have "Crafted in: Replicator" on them?  Rather than a convoluted means of exceeding item limits and or weight?

Can't argue with that... perhaps then it needs adding to the blueprint description (disclaimer: perhaps it already says, I haven't looked!).

6 hours ago, TranqRex said:

Aren't certain items meant to be tied to the ascendancy/end game portion of the game, though?

Wouldn't make a lot sense as those bps were here before tek.

3 hours ago, Bulldogfrag said:

Have ascendant Mosa saddle that can't be made even in replicator... Yes mat cost is over 600 slots

Shows the point even better. How are you supposed to built something? A porper test should have shown that some stuff is impossible.

9 minutes ago, Mardagg said:

Wouldn't make a lot sense as those bps were here before tek.

Yeah but if they were always meant to be a part of the end game, they were probably designed in advance of the end game implementation and just included in the earlier content. Ideally of course you'd not release those blueprints until the relevant structure is available to craft them, but this is Wildcard after all...! Jeremy has stated (in a Digest) that all items will be craftable, so I guess they'll address this in the coming weeks during the bug fixing phase.

First, dont bother replying to Jostabeere, he is bucking for #1 peon status and will blindly defend Wildcard on any topic.

Second, I have seen screenshots of the Devs/Mods on officials that surfaced after a patch. There were some screenshots showing they were using the breeding/floating exploit back before they fixed that.

Lastly, I am curious if any of them are playing on the official Rag servers to know if they are enduring thru the suffering with the rest of us.

Archived