changes to oil and gasoline

Serious

I found a bug report so posted there too. Hopefully they will sort this out.

There also seems to have been an increase in the food eaten by dinos but I think that is a good option, on some servers people have huge collections and increasing the effort needed to keep them all might mean they get rid of the lesser ones.

31 minutes ago, scheriel said:

in the patch notes it said that the changes were only intended for singleplayer, but its somehow also seems to be the case for multiplayer. not s ure if that was intentional or just a huge mess up on their part

You misunderstood the patch notes. What the OP is seeing is exactly what the patch notes said. 

Patch 260: Gasoline consumption doubled in single player only. Gasoline (in both single and multiplayer) take double the oil to craft.  EDIT - I just took my own advice an re-read the patch notes:  crafting taking double oil was for single player only...my bad  

Patch 261: Land oil nodes now give 50% oil in both single and multiplayer. Underwater oil nodes have 33% more. 

4 minutes ago, YJMark said:

You misunderstood the patch notes. What the OP is seeing is wxactly what the paych notes said. 

Patch 260: Oil consumption doubled in single player only. Gasoline (in both songle and multiplayer) take double the oil. 

Patch 261: Land oil nodes now give 50% oil in both single and multiplayer. Underwater oil nodes have 33% more. 

just make a quick check on your generator how much it consumes right now. (official server of course) you will notice that one stack of gasoline won't power a generator for 4 days and 4 hours anymore

- Doubled the rate of oil and element consumption in singleplayer only on the gas generator and tek generator.
- The cost of gasoline in singleplayer has been increased to 6 oil and 5 hide for 5 gasoline.

not sure what i misunderstood about it

• 1 month later...

I transferred to Thecenter592-PVE and was surprised to find that our generator had run out of gas, so I put 150 gas in thinking that would last the 6 days I need while I'm on vacation. When I checked it 24 hours later is was down below half of that. Previously a can of gas would last 1 hour, meaning 100 cans should theoretically last for 4 days 4 hours. Have they changed the consumption rate for generators? I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes about that.

I should add others on 592 also noticed this with their generators. Many by logging in to discover their generators were empty.

I'm experiencing this as well, on both the Island and Scorched Earth.   When they doubled gasoline consumption on single player, it seems to have affected multiplayer as well.  I've also noticed that it takes more oil to manufacture gasoline on multiplayer as well, despite the patch notes calling it a single player change.

Any idea if they are going to fix this? First they make it so you have to feed your animals more often, now they make it so your gas doesn't last as long. Are they Trying to piss off the player base??? I'm about to go on vacation for 5 days and I don't know what I'll come back to. This is complete BS when you can't even take a few days off to spend time with your family.

Consumption doubled in a patch a month ago.

Originally, it was a single player intended change that accudentally got applied to Multi player (along with the nerf to oil rocks and the increased cost to make gasoline)

Then it was admitted that it was a deliberate change that somehow wasn't in (and STILL isn't in) the paych notes for multi player.  But they wete probably going to revert it.

A month later, it's not a change they "might" revert.

Conclusion:  just bend over and take it, because a month from now they'll pretend they never even talked about it, like the Mind Wipe for fliers that was going to happen as soon as they were done fine tuning the flier nerf ( but which never happened, will never happen, and which drew a condescending response the last time it was hinted at by a player).

If you're supremely fortunate, they might some day double the capacity of generators.  The mote likely scenario is that you'll get nothing, not even an explanation for why the nerf was/is considered necessary in multi player.

In V260 (!!!) - so pretty long time ago - they introduced this: 

"- Doubled the rate of oil and element consumption in singleplayer only on the gas generator and tek generator."

On July15 @Jat confirmed the change was not intentional, but the "fix" what they will plan is a tricky one - aimed to trick the unofficial servers: 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/207859-gasoline-nerf-in-official-server/&do=findComment&comment=1211328

So, they will create a new ini setting and on the official servers they OVERRIDE the default value (what is the doubled gas consumption) to have the original one, but the unofficial admins have to do it on their own. 

When? No info, if you take a look on the linked topic, no ETA was given, and since it just Quality of Life problem, I bet they are prioritizet it low, even might wait until we accustomed  and forget...

• 5 months later...

Archived