Swamp cave changes.... what a joke.....

Thirel

11 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Wow. I thought we were all just joking around. I, too, was under the impression it was their exoskeleton that was causing the damage although I never actually bothered to examine one closely. Even though I have one sitting in my barn.

This makes it even funnier.

And scary. "I am going to stab it with my pike. AH MY EYES!!"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they can fit in the entrance... just need to force a bit left/right and they can enter inside...

They deals a bit less damage than wolf but are a lot more tankier. And 80+ saddles are really easy to find for carno. Before the patch you could to it solo without mate boost. But now you just need to have a second one in follow to get the boost and ride the other one when the first one is to low

20 hours ago, TitiShu said:

I'm doing the cave solo, easily with an Imprinted Carno (and a second one in follow/passive for the mate boost), as Ascendent Carno saddles are easy to find it's really easy to achieve. I just need to switch carno midway

How sets of scuva are u taking in and what buffs like soups are u taking?

37 minutes ago, legendaryc4 said:

How sets of scuva are u taking in and what buffs like soups are u taking?

You dodge many arthro's spit with carno as you are fast.

About 3 purple back up scuba

About buff soup, i usually don't take any to farm the cave, but when i take soup i don't think and take them all.

you can also do it without scuba/gas mask with Medical Brew but you need to take about 400. It regen your hp faster than the poison damages you

2 hours ago, TitiShu said:

About buff soup, i usually don't take any to farm the cave, but when i take soup i don't think and take them all.

you can also do it without scuba/gas mask with Medical Brew but you need to take about 400. It regen your hp faster than the poison damages you

I ran it aftee the update and took a bunch of prim scuba frog carno and brews. It me hours to beat on hardcore. Thank god i to lvl 100 in the cave before this update lol

4 hours ago, TitiShu said:

You don't even need a breathing system or brews for the Swamp Cave. I used to run it with a scuba mask, scuba pants, scuba flippers, ghillie gloves, and a ghillie chestpiece. No damage and no constant degrading of a gas mask or scuba tank. It still works after the update but now we have to deal with those idiotic swarms of millipedes.

can also be done without scuba if you are on prim/ prim plus... but need at least 5 ghille sets, around 200 medical brew and lots of arrows... i do it with a wolf pack , but need to kill arthropleuras from far away.. their backslash is really hard if you do melee... 

shoot arthros from far away at start - they often got stuck in tunnel.. or fight in water. seems they cant spit if below water. if you cant hit - let pack attack them... 

but all in all not really worth it as others said.. 2x bad loot instead of 1x bad loot, at least for most drops in there... only red drop in big room near end CAN give nice stuff (obsidian pickaxe 211%, BP for 201% iron pick in 2 runs now) 

• 2 weeks later...

Gas mask should work like chainsaw and flame thrower, meaning it should not take damage from acid spit but u have to fuel it with the substrate used to make it. If necessary the devs can make the substrate spoil so u can't stock it long. This way u can keep gas mask as long as u prepped and brought substrate and the challenge is the DPS from spit. Still difficult, but not absurd as it is now.

• 3 months later...

I find it absolutely hilarious, it's like someone putting a 10ft brick wall in front of you yet you STILL run at it hoping it will move... use your brain for once, how about tame 3 megaloceros (7-8k hp) put 80+ arm saddle on them, wear simple ghille/scuba set up bring 1 extra set or 10 if you feel more comfortable and set them to aggressive, follow them down to those beautiful loot crates... because that's what I do on official, even have a tree house Base with berries a fabby and some snails for organic incase I get hit (extremely rare). I sit on one of the deers until I see an arthroscopic... then I gtf off and run the other way ?.

I really don't see how people can be wanting this nerfed? The swamp cave is incredibly easy as long as you don't go in just expecting to get all the way through. You have to be clever with it. I use 2 mate boosted tamed frogs. No imprint bonus or perfectly bred frogs, just two frogs I picked up in the swamp and tamed. All I take on me is 2 gas masks, med brews, food and some stimulant. No armour, no weapons. 

As long as you don't go rushing in all guns blazing, and just hold off a tight corridor whilst everything tries to funnel through it. More often than not you will not even see yourself be hit. Arthro's are simple. Dodge their spit then just pummel them. Rinse and repeat, the only danger they have if you approach with caution is their recoil damage and that is it...But rarely when there is both of us on our frogs we will not even get close to half health.

I can complete the swamp cave, all the way to the red drops, back all the way round to the blue drops, then repeat all the way back to red, then again back to the blues, then I leave. I only use half a gas mask. If that isn't cheap and easy for the great rewards you can pull from these crates then I don't know... I don't have anything special in my method, I just take it on smartly, let everything come to you in tight corridors and stuff so nothing can get behind you. Very easy concept. 

• 9 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Thirel said:

nah dude, if we didnt had to use gas mask or scuba for the swamp cave we could deal with teh arthropleuras taking 2- 3 dinos to the cave, but since u need to use gear to survive the toxic gas inside the cave, how are u supose to do the cave if u get ur gear busted every 5 meters that u walk inside the cave? hard is something, the arthropleura made it almost impossible

A year later, that cave is fun! love the revamps. Its time for another change. xD.

Hello, 

They changed the swamp cave (Island)about 45 days ago. I never noted when the actually changed it but I remeber some of the problems during that change.

I used the Bary or a Carno for this cave but I tested it out with the new Ravager.

On the Ravager you get more hits from Arthropluera so you need at least 250 health plus follow on low setting an other Ravager,  Neutral. The Ravager bug that is useful is the stamina regeneration with/during the secondary attack. The other bugs (not cavebugs) seem to go away by setting a different ordering group for the Ravager. But all the bugs might be because it is not built for the Island.

So good luck and yes the game changes all the time just people that refuses to see it and thinks it has been the same since day 1.

It is a hard cave so you need 100% imprints and a good dmg saddle. I got a 100ish dmg with crafting skill. You need to farm the red crates to get good stuff in this cave.

Regards,

Ariana 

I don't run caves on the island but it seems to me a good group of dimorphs,vultures or even featherlights would solve this problem. If the issue is mass arthros and the poison gas and assuming you don't have to swim underwater then a killer swarm of mini flyers should make quick work of them. You can stand back and whistle to attack target then laugh madly as your death swarm eats everything around you. I am building a squad of vultures to do just that , any reason it wouldn't work?

• 6 months later...

Archived