Swamp cave changes.... what a joke.....

Thirel

3 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Its not that bad, actually makes it challenging rather than just a dragonfly slaughter fest. We used to run it on 2 imprinted frogs, but what we did now was take a 3rd frog unmounted an keep him at the front pulling aggro. When a centipede is in there it goes for the meat shield frog an we jus longneck the centipedes. Always keep a few sets of primitive gear on you as well and your laughing.

too much effort for rarely good rewards.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Oldskool said:

Its not that bad, actually makes it challenging rather than just a dragonfly slaughter fest. We used to run it on 2 imprinted frogs, but what we did now was take a 3rd frog unmounted an keep him at the front pulling aggro. When a centipede is in there it goes for the meat shield frog an we jus longneck the centipedes. Always keep a few sets of primitive gear on you as well and your laughing.

so we just need to sacrifice one dino each time we want to do the cave? thats nice

On 7/7/2017 at 4:47 PM, Thirel said:

what a joke placing arthropleuras inside the swamp cave.... They made the swamp cave almost impossible to be done, if u take a dino there to do the cave there´s a chance of 99.9% of it dying before u finish the first path because of bizarre amount of damage return from arthropleuras (i dont know if the amount damage return is based also on their lvl and not only the attackers damage) and thats not the only problem that arthropleuras brought, how are u gonna survive inside of the cave if every time u face an arthropleura theres a 90% chance of all ur gear get busted by their spit? the only way now is bringing like thousands of rockets to blow every single dino (im not kidding about the amount of rockets because of the amount of dinos and their lvl inside the cave is 200+), i know its a survival game and the cave need to be hard but placing arthropleuras there made it almost impossible and really expensive.

Sabertooths can do it ?

"It is not the strongest of the species that survivesnor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change." 

16 hours ago, Oldskool said:

an we jus longneck the centipedes.

^ look 

Someone took my advice and it worked :o

Why do u guys keep trying to melee the centipedes, they've been in other caves, u should know what they do O.o, like I run away from the low level ones just to save prim flak, definitely not gonna let it near my scuba/ghillie.

Op, why should a lvl 80ish(?) cave/dungeon take minutes to complete? U guys say I don't know what I'm talking about, but my experience clearing the cave on foot pre patch is soooooooo comparable to everything these other guys r saying clearing it post patch. It's slowed down, its strategic, theres pushing forward and falling back, like clearing dungeons in other games. Theyre using ranged to clear the centipedes which u cant melee, like I had to use ranged to clear the scorps on foot because I didn't want to melee those. Same tactic.

But I do hope the loot is balanced, should be guaranteed a good item every time imo, not necessarily the item u want tho.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:05 AM, Joebl0w13 said:

After you've gone and done it after the patch come back and let everyone know how it went. 

I'll try it in hardcore if I get the chance, I just re-rolled solo, if it happens it would be 3 weekends from now at the earliest, I work, but between the "official wipe" and dc's and PvP ,  can't even promise I'll get a chance to enter the cave. It is probably blocked.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:15 PM, Chewytowel said:

From what I could tell the xp you get from running the cave is dramatically less after the change.  So it is technically more dangerous now and gives less xp, but the drops inside do at least give you 2x loot from each so that is nice.  

One day i will see this mythical "loot crate" that this cave is supposed to have ha ha But I've been seeing them on S.E. Desert drops now have 4 items and its much better. Flying takes longer now and I have to not land on a death worm but at least the pay out is worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Rancor said:

One day i will see this mythical "loot crate" that this cave is supposed to have ha ha But I've been seeing them on S.E. Desert drops now have 4 items and its much better. Flying takes longer now and I have to not land on a death worm but at least the pay out is worth it. 

Yeah the SE drops are wonderful now!  I basically have a full set of riot bp's and tons of other free gear and bp's because of those amazing drops.  The loot in the swamp cave isn't too bad btw.  There should be at least red drops in the very last room.  I say drops as there are two red drop locations that spawn fairly quick once the other is looted.  So when or if you go in there make sure to wait a bit and go back and grab the bonus red drop and any others that have respawned in other rooms.  I've got some pretty nice things in there from those drops so it isn't too bad.

prep work for bosses takes more time. one cave, once the first 2 rooms are clear its not as hard.

minimal work Soloable: take 3 scuba 2 ghillie peices to handle the gas. 5 or more Bug repellent, 10+ medical brew. an AR, Fab sniper rifle, or xbow with flame arrows. flamethrower/o

Bring 2 direwolves with 5k health 400+ melee. preferred if they are imprinted. Or 1 wolf and one frog.

Outside have a daeodon for healing and 2 more wolves with similar stats on standby.

Clear first room with just you and precision shots hitting just the centipedes and the 2 wolves/1 frog on neutral behind you to handle spiders and scorpions, and flies.

clear area either by mounting a frog or wolf. pull back if needed. Have one dino on passive. Just dismount if there is a centepede and pull back all dinos with passive/follow/move whistles to avoid major melee conflicts. keep sniping the centipedes and moving in with these same methods until its clear. the 2nd room should just have the normal creatures in it. You might find more centipedes as you go deeper into the cave.

bring a second set of gear and have it on you or one of the dinos. You will want to be mounted on frog when flies come in or on a wolf when there are a lot of spiders and scorpions while keeping an eye out for centipedes.

Been doing the cave today. I was the first on my official server so the first run contained scorps and just a pair of titanboas and a pair of artho only. Hours later I tried and lol. I was able to reach the end using a lot of low quality scuba/ghillie sets and my op wolf, probably faster than I used to before with my breeded frog, but really, does not worth the effort.

Like 8 prim sets broken for 2 c4 bps, one crap saddle and one behemoth bp? what a joke...

Also RIP frogs. It was good breeding frogs for the cave but now the frogs are completely useless.

On 7/9/2017 at 3:35 AM, Sphere said:

I swear the people saying "adapt and overcome" don't understand the situation. You have a dinosaur that can reflect your damage back into your face, and also destroys all your gear, every single step of the way. What kind of fight are they expecting people to take to the cave? A 40 man team with rocket launchers and thousands of shells?

arthropleuras do damage back? why?

16 minutes ago, raaazboy said:

arthropleuras do damage back? why?

they have kind of a thorn skin wich reflect damage to the dino who attacks the arthropleura or if u use a melee weapon against them it will easily break.

1 hour ago, arkark said:

Been doing the cave today. I was the first on my official server so the first run contained scorps and just a pair of titanboas and a pair of artho only. Hours later I tried and lol. I was able to reach the end using a lot of low quality scuba/ghillie sets and my op wolf, probably faster than I used to before with my breeded frog, but really, does not worth the effort.

Like 8 prim sets broken for 2 c4 bps, one crap saddle and one behemoth bp? what a joke...

Also RIP frogs. It was good breeding frogs for the cave but now the frogs are completely useless.

they increased the amount of loot on each drop but it doesnt matter, instead of needing to clean 100 times to get one decent drop, now u need to clean it like 50 times, they increased the amount of loot x2 and increased the amount of dificult x20, well if the arthropleuras max lvl was at least lvl 150, then it would be more aceptable, or at least make the spawn way lower than its now.

12 hours ago, Thirel said:

they have kind of a thorn skin wich reflect damage to the dino who attacks the arthropleura or if u use a melee weapon against them it will easily break.

they increased the amount of loot on each drop but it doesnt matter, instead of needing to clean 100 times to get one decent drop, now u need to clean it like 50 times, they increased the amount of loot x2 and increased the amount of dificult x20, well if the arthropleuras max lvl was at least lvl 150, then it would be more aceptable, or at least make the spawn way lower than its now.

Nope acid blood dude. Dossier is actually correct on this one. 

Arthropleura's blood has a very low pH, to the point that it can dissolve many materials. This acidic blood splashes back on anything that directly attacks it, weakening the durability of weapons and hurting attackers. Many creatures thusly refuse to prey on Arthropleura, fearing this unique defense. If that wasn't enough, Arthropleura also keeps a small reservoir of blood ready to spit at its prey.

Tried the cave at singleplayer with 10 spawned unlevelt dimorps around 1,5k hp and 300-400 dmg. if you put cooked meat at them take a bit more than 10 and disable harvest the cave should be possible the dimorph died after non stop fighting at blue crate chamber and there was a lot spiting annoing things.

i hoped after them with a frog. a little break to heal them at each chamber and it should be fine.

i also tried 5 hyanodons with medium armor meat packs, they never died but sometimes stand still looking up cause they couldn't reach some things at the air.

i have not tried it but if the dimoprh works the pteras should also work, they are a bit more annoing cause they can block you and you have to whistle a lot more, but they have high armor saddles. (did the cave with 5 Pteras(7x armorsaddle) before new dinos was added to the cave)

14 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Nope acid blood dude. Dossier is actually correct on this one. 

Arthropleura's blood has a very low pH, to the point that it can dissolve many materials. This acidic blood splashes back on anything that directly attacks it, weakening the durability of weapons and hurting attackers. Many creatures thusly refuse to prey on Arthropleura, fearing this unique defense. If that wasn't enough, Arthropleura also keeps a small reservoir of blood ready to spit at its prey.

Wow. I thought we were all just joking around. I, too, was under the impression it was their exoskeleton that was causing the damage although I never actually bothered to examine one closely. Even though I have one sitting in my barn.

This makes it even funnier.

Archived