Swamp cave changes.... what a joke.....

Thirel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Kraken said:

If only there were some sort of thing that would make Arthropleuras not notice you. Some sort of repellant, for bugs...

o yeah, try out the cave with bug repelent, try to dodge 5 arthropleuras on the first spawn at the first tunel and then tell me how it goes ^^, the swamp cave is really tight and theres no way to avoid the arthropleuras, but plz, make a video using the bug repelent and dodging the arthropleuras and geting all the drops and artifact.

16 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Possible Reward: 2,000+ Cementing Paste, around 10,000 Chitin, opportunities at high level Blueprints for important items with around a 33% chance at an easy Red drop every hour. Over 25,000 XP after clearing it out safely. Able to get from Level 1 to Level 85 in less than 8 hours on Official rates.

I'm pretty sure the resource and time investment is WAY WORTH it, and at times was way too easy to satisfy. Especially since Ghillie and SCUBA tanks weigh almost nothing and you can bring multiple sets on you with your Beelzebufo (I usually bring 10 pairs) and with Two Level 150+ Beelze with Mate-boost and a non-stupid team member, it becomes somewhat of a chore rather than a challenge.

Prepwork Low, Reward SO SO SO HIGH <3 <3 <3 <3

But now there's Level 250+ Arthropleuras? OH NO, THEY MELTED MY GHILLIE AND SCUBA! I guess I'll just replace it with ONE OF MY TEN WEIGHTLESS PAIRS and suck down some Tonic. At least they finally added a creature that you have to plan and be strategic with before fighting.

(I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but don't Wooden Spike Walls instantly kill spitting Arthros?)

Omg, someone prepped and didn't go in blind, and was, *gasp*, rewarded for their intelligence.. 

Kudos for the simple and effective solution..

16 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Possible Reward: 2,000+ Cementing Paste, around 10,000 Chitin, opportunities at high level Blueprints for important items with around a 33% chance at an easy Red drop every hour. Over 25,000 XP after clearing it out safely. Able to get from Level 1 to Level 85 in less than 8 hours on Official rates.

I'm pretty sure the resource and time investment is WAY WORTH it, and at times was way too easy to satisfy. Especially since Ghillie and SCUBA tanks weigh almost nothing and you can bring multiple sets on you with your Beelzebufo (I usually bring 10 pairs) and with Two Level 150+ Beelze with Mate-boost and a non-stupid team member, it becomes somewhat of a chore rather than a challenge.

Prepwork Low, Reward SO SO SO HIGH <3 <3 <3 <3

But now there's Level 250+ Arthropleuras? OH NO, THEY MELTED MY GHILLIE AND SCUBA! I guess I'll just replace it with ONE OF MY TEN WEIGHTLESS PAIRS and suck down some Tonic. At least they finally added a creature that you have to plan and be strategic with before fighting.

(I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but don't Wooden Spike Walls instantly kill spitting Arthros?)

One day on an official server I'll get to see more than the entrance to the swamp cave xD

However I do feel the arthros are going to be a huge pain. They shred all types of armor pretty fast and everyone hates them. Plus once tamed they don't seem nearly as good.

Going to need many many sets of scuba gear to survive, you'll be needing to bring more then your usual ten i'm sure. 

Also do you need a gas mask now? Scuba tank tanks used to protect you from the gas. (I've yet to find enough subrate to try to make one on officials and if I will need multiples RIP) 

14 minutes ago, Thirel said:

o yeah, try out the cave with bug repelent, try to dodge 5 arthropleuras on the first spawn at the first tunel and then tell me how it goes ^^, the swamp cave is really tight and theres no way to avoid the arthropleuras, but plz, make a video using the bug repelent and dodging the arthropleuras and geting all the drops and artifact.

Repellent AND Cactus broth perhaps? Hmmm? :P

1 minute ago, Rancor said:

Repellent AND Cactus broth perhaps? Hmmm? :P

cactus broth......,so basically u are saying if u want to do the swamp cave (island cave) u need to buy the SE DLC and farm cactus broth to be able to do the cave? theres no room inside the swamp cave for u to dodge the arthropleuras, if u try to kill the arthropleuras with ur dino, well bad idea, ur dino will die because of the damage return from the arthropleuras, the only way possible i see is to bring a few hundreds sets (just in case u know.....) and a few hundred of rockets and blow up everything in the way. there u go, nice way to get everything u need like metal structures bp´s, hide set bp´s, bulllets and gps bp´s, all u ever dreamed, well if u dont need them, try again a few more time (like more 100 times) and u will get something decent from the swamp cave drop.

23 minutes ago, Thirel said:

cactus broth......,so basically u are saying if u want to do the swamp cave (island cave) u need to buy the SE DLC and farm cactus broth to be able to do the cave? theres no room inside the swamp cave for u to dodge the arthropleuras, if u try to kill the arthropleuras with ur dino, well bad idea, ur dino will die because of the damage return from the arthropleuras, the only way possible i see is to bring a few hundreds sets (just in case u know.....) and a few hundred of rockets and blow up everything in the way. there u go, nice way to get everything u need like metal structures bp´s, hide set bp´s, bulllets and gps bp´s, all u ever dreamed, well if u dont need them, try again a few more time (like more 100 times) and u will get something decent from the swamp cave drop.

From youtubers videos I hear metal arrows work really well in caves and cause no return damage. IF you do have SE you can just use flame throwers tbh. 

Okay I believe I found out how to do this now.  Just feed the frog bug repellent and also make sure you also have some on your character.  Same gear as before, and obviously same tame, but you have to kite things to you selectively to clear the cave better (It also won't take as long now since the scorpions typically took the longest to kill with a frog).  Keep a backup set of ghillie and scuba or more on your frog if things go sideways.  I'd also recommend good quality scuba and ghillie you can afford to repair that can take a few hits if things go bad that way you can at least hopefully take a hit or two from the arthro while trying to lose aggro.  

You can get away from the arthro but you have to be fast enough the second you get aggro you need to gtfo of their range and lose aggro on them quickly.  You can be pretty damn close to them on a frog with the repellent but don't push your luck.  Other than that just selectively pull the titanboa, araneo, and meganeura to you carefully and it's gg basically.  Not sure if the xp in the cave as nerfed though but I did notice plenty of meganeura still so it might still be good you just have to be far more careful in there now.

3 minutes ago, Rancor said:

From youtubers videos I hear metal arrows work really well in caves and cause no return damage. IF you do have SE you can just use flame throwers tbh. 

i dont know if u ever did the cave, but if WC want for us to spend a few hours farming and prepering ourselves to be able to do a swamp cave one time that will take like 30 min to 1 hour +, well yes sure, we can drop everything on the RL to be able to farm one time the cave. Probably the youtubers use asc compoud bow so the damage will be higher, but do u know how much an asc compoud bow is expensive to make? other thing is, do u have any idea the amount of dinos inside the cave and how many arrows u will need to take down lvl 200+ wild dinos? and flamethrowers are expensive as hell too and u need to be at close range to hit them so ur gear will get busted like in 2 secs, the thing is, looks like they want for us to spend even more time in game to do something that was fun to do, and this change only raptors up with pve players, alpha tribes from pvp will just block all the spawns, place beds and storages inside, fast travell to get the drops and get back to the base to do anything else, and even doing that wheres the fun of the cave on pvp? as i said, purlovias on the snow cave was really nice add, its harder now, u need to move more carefully otherwise u will die easy, the polar bear has a huge damage so u need to find good high spots to fight them, this is a nice change. not placing freaking arthroplueras 200+

7 minutes ago, Chewytowel said:

Okay I believe I found out how to do this now.  Just feed the frog bug repellent and also make sure you also have some on your character.  Same gear as before, and obviously same tame, but you have to kite things to you selectively to clear the cave better (It also won't take as long now since the scorpions typically took the longest to kill with a frog).  Keep a backup set of ghillie and scuba or more on your frog if things go sideways.  I'd also recommend good quality scuba and ghillie you can afford to repair that can take a few hits if things go bad that way you can at least hopefully take a hit or two from the arthro while trying to lose aggro.  

You can get away from the arthro but you have to be fast enough the second you get aggro you need to gtfo of their range and lose aggro on them quickly.  You can be pretty damn close to them on a frog with the repellent but don't push your luck.  Other than that just selectively pull the titanboa, araneo, and meganeura to you carefully and it's gg basically.  Not sure if the xp in the cave as nerfed though but I did notice plenty of meganeura still so it might still be good you just have to be far more careful in there now.

You did this and it worked out? Sounds like a WoW dungeon now (a good thing in my book, you can't jsut blindly run in and bite things).

Btw your username makes me chuckle xD

3 minutes ago, Ulta said:

You did this and it worked out? Sounds like a WoW dungeon now (a good thing in my book, you can't jsut blindly run in and bite things).

Btw your username makes me chuckle xD

I did this in single player and it seemed to work out great.  The arthro didn't bother me at all, but I am using ACM and it gets buggy at times.  I'd suggest trying this method in single player to verify, but yeah this looks to be the answer.  Again though you do have to be careful around the Artho and avoid landing on them or hitting them.  Might have to kite the Arthro out of the tunnel in the beginning by pulling them out and losing aggro if it's too dense in there.

56 minutes ago, Chewytowel said:

I did this in single player and it seemed to work out great.  The arthro didn't bother me at all, but I am using ACM and it gets buggy at times.  I'd suggest trying this method in single player to verify, but yeah this looks to be the answer.  Again though you do have to be careful around the Artho and avoid landing on them or hitting them.  Might have to kite the Arthro out of the tunnel in the beginning by pulling them out and losing aggro if it's too dense in there.

if this is the new way to do the cave well, this change just made the swamp cave the easiest cave and anyone can do it, even if u are a lvl 10 with a frog and bug repelent, this is really a poop way to spoil the fun on a cave.

14 hours ago, Spaxx said:

I tried the Cave 30 mins before and my lvl 360 Wolf died instantly from 3 arthropleuras lvl 350+ and they broke my full gear....

You brought a tame THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DAMAGE REDUCING SADDLE, to a cave with grossly overleveled enemies that reflect melee damage.

Did you go in alone too?

Probably didn't bring any partner to mate-boost either.

1 hour ago, LilNastyGurl said:

You brought a tame THAT DOESN'T HAVE A DAMAGE REDUCING SADDLE, to a cave with grossly overleveled enemies that reflect melee damage.

Did you go in alone too?

even with 2 bears 100% imprinted with 7k health both and 800+ damage wearing saddles with 90 armor, i got both losing like 5k health each during the first tunel of the cave from the arthropleura damage return, so it doenst matter

2 hours ago, Thirel said:

i dont know if u ever did the cave, but if WC want for us to spend a few hours farming and prepering ourselves to be able to do a swamp cave one time that will take like 30 min to 1 hour +, well yes sure, we can drop everything on the RL to be able to farm one time the cave. Probably the youtubers use asc compoud bow so the damage will be higher, but do u know how much an asc compoud bow is expensive to make? other thing is, do u have any idea the amount of dinos inside the cave and how many arrows u will need to take down lvl 200+ wild dinos? and flamethrowers are expensive as hell too and u need to be at close range to hit them so ur gear will get busted like in 2 secs, the thing is, looks like they want for us to spend even more time in game to do something that was fun to do, and this change only raptors up with pve players, alpha tribes from pvp will just block all the spawns, place beds and storages inside, fast travell to get the drops and get back to the base to do anything else, and even doing that wheres the fun of the cave on pvp? as i said, purlovias on the snow cave was really nice add, its harder now, u need to move more carefully otherwise u will die easy, the polar bear has a huge damage so u need to find good high spots to fight them, this is a nice change. not placing freaking arthroplueras 200+

Never had a chance to do the cave myself,  blocked off on a lot of official PvP servers, but sounds like it was to easy from these posts lol Swamp cave is supposed to be a hard cave and not an easy way to power level and get awesome loot 10 times a day. 

Think we can all agree arthros suck though.  

P.S. flamethrowers are in drops on S.E. easy to find. I keep a Ptera and alt character on S.E. and go to get oil and check drops for a little. Drop hunting is one of the fun things left to do...

1 hour ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Did you go in alone too?

Yeah, i noticed that too. Dire Wolves are pretty crap for most caves due to the lack of Armor. You could pull it off back when you could meat spam hundreds of meat in a few seconds, but now? No way.

Anyways, like i already posted before, even with high-end Bred, 100% Imprinted, Mate Boosted, Max Exp Frogs with 126 Armor Saddles, they can't handle the Arthropleuras either. You and a tribemate will both need to run Bug Repellant on yourselves as well as the Frogs, lure out the Titanoboas and kill them, then both of you simultaneously Rocket any Arthropleura you see. If there are multiple Arthropleura spread out among a room, and 1 Rocket hit doesn't insta kill the targeted Arthro, then you'll need to fall back as soon as you fire the Rockets, because as soon as that Arthro takes a hit and doesn't die from it, it'll aggro all the other Arthropleuras in the vicinity.

5 minutes ago, Rancor said:

Never had a chance to do the cave myself,  blocked off on a lot of official PvP servers, but sounds like it was to easy from these posts lol Swamp cave is supposed to be a hard cave and not an easy way to power level and get awesome loot 10 times a day. 

P.S. flamethrowers are in drops on S.E. easy to find. I keep a Ptera and alt character on S.E. and go to get oil and check drops for a little. Drop hunting is one of the fun things left to do...

well, it was never a easy cave,  new players would never have resource or dinos or lvl to do it because 150 perfect kibble tamed dinos doesnt have enought strenght to easily clean the cave and u would not have good saddles to make them strong enought, u would need at least 2-4 dinos to clean it (and u need at least lvl 81 to be able to craft the scuba set if anyone dont give to u for free), and yes, if u are an old player on pve or alpha tribe on pvp with high end breed dinos whats the problem on it being easy? u spent alot of time and hard work to manage to get those breed done to be able to clear the swamp cave without big problems, those high lvl end dinos wasnt given by anyone, u played a huge amount of hours to get them. Its funny a player who never did that cave, not even before this nonsense update saying anything about it, and when people cry like "oh, but it was easy for alpha tribes to do it" probably u didnt played enought to manage to have a dino strong enought to do the cave, do u guys think that took one day or two for alpha tribes on pvp and old players on pve to have those dinos or enought resource (like good saddles and good set)? stop crying and play the game, tame dinos, make ur own strong breeds or buy them on the forum if u want a easy way on pve..... this adittion of arthropleuras on the swamp cave made the cave really reatard for pve because on pvp u can clean it once and spread metal foundations all over the cave to block the dino spawns and will be able keep farming the artifacts and loots anytime (it will not have the fun on cleaning the cave with a dino anymore) but if this is what the WC wants, well then, the pve is getting worst and worst and losing the funny more and more, and on pvp u can dodge this changes without problem so alpha tribes will keep grinding the cave.

38 minutes ago, Rancor said:

From what I could tell the xp you get from running the cave is dramatically less after the change.  So it is technically more dangerous now and gives less xp, but the drops inside do at least give you 2x loot from each so that is nice.  

On 08/07/2017 at 9:47 AM, Thirel said:

what a joke placing arthropleuras inside the swamp cave.... They made the swamp cave almost impossible to be done, if u take a dino there to do the cave there´s a chance of 99.9% of it dying before u finish the first path because of bizarre amount of damage return from arthropleuras (i dont know if the amount damage return is based also on their lvl and not only the attackers damage) and thats not the only problem that arthropleuras brought, how are u gonna survive inside of the cave if every time u face an arthropleura theres a 90% chance of all ur gear get busted by their spit? the only way now is bringing like thousands of rockets to blow every single dino (im not kidding about the amount of rockets because of the amount of dinos and their lvl inside the cave is 200+), i know its a survival game and the cave need to be hard but placing arthropleuras there made it almost impossible and really expensive.

I dont see a problem with them making it more difficult or near impossible. that would make the game more fun!.

The real issue is the loot you get out of this cave is no longer worth the effort you need to put in. Previously we could farm it on frogs, with no damage, get an average amount of CP compared to a few dams and "occasionally" very good items. 4/5 times u would get a fridge blueprint or a metal BP. Now with the increased difficultly the rewards are no longer worth the entry price.

The solution for Wildcard would be to guarantee good loot out of both red drops EVERYTIME, and remove the metal BP's and the fridge BP's (all the junk items)

If we are guaranteed good loot, sure I would put in the effort to do this cave on foot if i had to, that would actually be fun!. in its current state, this cave is now a pointless waste of time, I can gather CP from dams and get better loot from other caves(West water cave etc), faster with less effort.

Its not that bad, actually makes it challenging rather than just a dragonfly slaughter fest. We used to run it on 2 imprinted frogs, but what we did now was take a 3rd frog unmounted an keep him at the front pulling aggro. When a centipede is in there it goes for the meat shield frog an we jus longneck the centipedes. Always keep a few sets of primitive gear on you as well and your laughing.

Archived