Swamp cave changes.... what a joke.....

Thirel

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Thirel said:

u need to clean the old spawn that was there before the patch so the new spawn can come, if u think 4 -5 arthropleuras lvl 200+ in every spawn area on the swamp cave is rare, im srry but u are wrong, and if u are a solo player, it doesnt worth doing the cave anymore, dinos cant handle the damage from the "thorn ability" from the arthropleuras, and u are gonna spend alot of resource to get to the drops and find only crap loot like structures bp´s, bullets bp´s, gps bp´s and this kind of crap.
if u can get a small dino like a wolf, saber, baryonys inside the cave, so its intended to be done mounted too, and im 100% sure that u cant do that cave "easy" if u get there a perfect kibble 150 tamed frog/wolf/saber/ baryonys, u probably will lost at least 30 - 1 hour to clear the cave and get the drops because of this new change, offcourse its easier to do if u have strong high lvl end breed dinos (to have this kind of dinos it takes time and effort to make them)

How am I wrong? I said it was easy BEFORE. And ASKED if arthros are frequent. I didn't even make a statement as to the changes they made.

Learn to read please. I was inquiring about the changes.

32 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I think this change is because it was too easy with a wolf or baryonyx. There's a choke point near the entrance, signifying this isn't a cave that's intended to do mounted.

What I think they want us to do now is go on foot using guns, but maybe have a backup frog for the swarms of meganeuras.

Also... Has anyone seen how frequent arthros are in there? They may be a rare spawn.

a cave thats not intended to be doing mounted are the ones where u need to crouch to enter the cave, the swamp cave is intended for u to use frogs and small mounted dinos, even with a really good breed dino u would take at least 20 minutes to clean and get all the drops and now because of this change u wil take like what? 30min - 1 hour to finish a freaking cave? that was not a cave for begginer players, now its even impossible for "old" players with high lvl end breeds. "Has anyone seen how frequent arthros are in there? They may be a rare spawn." they are not a rare spawn and its funny guys coming to the topic and posting without even had tried the cave with the new spawn after the patch

12 minutes ago, Thirel said:

a cave thats not intended to be doing mounted are the ones where u need to crouch to enter the cave, the swamp cave is intended for u to use frogs and small mounted dinos, even with a really good breed dino u would take at least 20 minutes to clean and get all the drops and now because of this change u wil take like what? 30min - 1 hour to finish a freaking cave? that was not a cave for begginer players, now its even impossible for "old" players with high lvl end breeds. "Has anyone seen how frequent arthros are in there? They may be a rare spawn." they are not a rare spawn and its funny guys coming to the topic and posting without even had tried the cave with the new spawn after the patch

Clearly you don't think before posting. Again, I was ASKING if they are a frequent, being someone who HASN'T tried the new changes. I was ASKING YOU.

Also, I love every change that makes this game harder, I went into ark with the first impression that this was a survival game against nature, but it turned into a civilization sim, where people easily dominate the island, not the dinosaurs, go figure. Changes like this and the flier nerf and tame nerfs and bp nerfs, I look at them and see players getting knocked off the top of the food chain, nerfs like these are nerfs on the concept of an alpha tribe. The idea of people having such tight control over what goes on across the server.

I hope wildcard negan's this game with the nerf bat in these upcoming weeks.

You know, maybe hardcore will actually be hardcore when you can't mass produce lvl 80 chars in a day in the swamp cave. Yeah?

And maybe the mindwipe nerf will be more impactful and stick when u can't make alts in this cave so easy, and u know not completely nullified by an extremely op cave.

6 hours ago, Thirel said:

what a joke placing arthropleuras inside the swamp cave.... They made the swamp cave almost impossible to be done, if u take a dino there to do the cave there´s a chance of 99.9% of it dying before u finish the first path because of bizarre amount of damage return from arthropleuras (i dont know if the amount damage return is based also on their lvl and not only the attackers damage) and thats not the only problem that arthropleuras brought, how are u gonna survive inside of the cave if every time u face an arthropleura theres a 90% chance of all ur gear get busted by their spit? the only way now is bringing like thousands of rockets to blow every single dino (im not kidding about the amount of rockets because of the amount of dinos and their lvl inside the cave is 200+), i know its a survival game and the cave need to be hard but placing arthropleuras there made it almost impossible and really expensive.

It's like someone is going around ruining all things I like doing on this game. The swamp cave was a fun little cave to run a frog down n get Cp and maybe a good drop,  now it's just not fun or worth it to do. People will only run it for the artifacts now 

4 minutes ago, waterKeeper said:

Also, I love every change that makes this game harder, I went into ark with the first impression that this was a survival game against nature, but it turned into a civilization sim, where people easily dominate the island, not the dinosaurs, go figure. Changes like this and the flier nerf and tame nerfs and bp nerfs, I look at them and see players getting knocked off the top of the food chain, nerfs like these are nerfs on the concept of an alpha tribe. The idea of people having such tight control over what goes on across the server.

You know, maybe hardcore will actually be hardcore when you can't mass produce lvl 80 chars in a day in the swamp cave. Yeah?

And maybe the mindwipe nerf will be more impactful and stick when u can't make alts in this cave so easy, and u know not completely nullified by an extremely op cave.

u can change the "easy lvl" on the game by nerf the experience from meganeuras, or if its possible nerf the experience that the wild dinos gives on the swamp cave, not making it impossible of doing it by implementing arthropleuras lvl 200+, i agree that the game need to be harder in certain point because its a survival game, but i desagree making it hard even if u have high end lvl dinos and high end gear that took like alot of time to achiev this kind of lvl in the game, but im discussing about the broked idea of placing lvl 200+ arthropleuras on the swamp cave

The exp from the cave wasn't a problem,  there was still faster ways to level and it took an hour to respawn anyway. Most people are lvl 100 and run the cave for,  fun, Cp and red drops (asc flak), the changes make it so people will no longer just be able to spawn on a bed outside the cave,  hop on the frog and do it,  they will have to first grind weapons and about 10 sets of armour,  no one will run it for fun or Cp anymore as it won't be cost effective. WC have essentialy taken the fun out of the swamp cave. 

This is the problem WC has,  they think making something harder means making it less fun. Like the flyer nerf, and boss fights, and metal farming. Harder means a challenge not just more of a time sink or more annoying. 

It's a pointless change anyway because foundations block centipede spawns but not drop spawns,  im off to foundation the whole cave,  we can still get easy red drops,  it just won't be as fun and we will have to get Cp from the centre 

11 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

The exp from the cave wasn't a problem,  there was still faster ways to level and it took an hour to respawn anyway. Most people are lvl 100 and run the cave for,  fun, Cp and red drops (asc flak), the changes make it so people will no longer just be able to spawn on a bed outside the cave,  hop on the frog and do it,  they will have to first grind weapons and about 10 sets of armour,  no one will run it for fun or Cp anymore as it won't be cost effective. WC have essentialy taken the fun out of the swamp cave. 

This is the problem WC has,  they think making something harder means making it less fun. Like the flyer nerf, and boss fights, and metal farming. Harder means a challenge not just more of a time sink or more annoying. 

It's a pointless change anyway because foundations block centipede spawns but not drop spawns,  im off to foundation the whole cave,  we can still get easy red drops,  it just won't be as fun and we will have to get Cp from the centre 

on pve we cant place foundations to block spawns, so its quite nearly impossible to clean it without the need to expend a huge amount of resource to maybe (like 10% or less) on getting something usefull from the drops, the flyer nerf i kind agree but somethings on how it was done i desagree (i think the mov speed bonus from imprint should be applied and they could make more "expensive" to spend points into mov speed and each dino would have a mov speed cap that could be lvled) there are no threats on the sky and if u can fly non stop, all the main threats are just ignored. I think some things on the game need to change to be harder but this is a game, not a lifetime game/work and some changes makes the game unpleasant of playing, is not feasible u need to spend 1 hour or + to clean a cave to get an artifact/drops (95% of the time is a crap drop) (and im not counting the time u need to expend to farm and craft/repair the necessary gear to make it possible to do the cave)

3 hours ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Use a pike while mounted on the frog. Gets you out of being in jams like that. Not to mention scorpions were the #1 cause of getting stuck besides jumping, and those were removed. Primitive scuba and ghillie is dirt cheap and basically weightless. I've made boxes and boxes and boxes full of primitive ghillie just from spare organic poly while crafting structures, and could do pretty much the same with primitive scuba tanks.

Piking a Lvl 200+ Arthropleura is a good way to commit suicide.

Me and my Tribemate just took our Bred, 100% Imprinted, Max Exp Frogs with 126 Armor Saddles and Mate Boost into the Swamp Cave. Mine has 5k Health and 700+ MD. They got raptoring waxed at the very first Arthropleura spawn, and we were forced to flee on them. There was enough Arthropleura spit to block out the sun, 3 pieces of Ascendant Scuba/2 pieces of Ascendant Ghillie instantly melted under that onslaught. Before the v261 patch, those same two high-end Frogs would just curb stomp and teabag the Swamp Cave. Now, they get pwned like plebs in it.

The only possible way i can think of doing it now, is going in with Bug Repellant on you and the Frogs, and to just Rocket every damn Arthropleura you see.

6 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Possible Reward: 2,000+ Cementing Paste, around 10,000 Chitin, opportunities at high level Blueprints for important items with around a 33% chance at an easy Red drop every hour. Over 25,000 XP after clearing it out safely. Able to get from Level 1 to Level 85 in less than 8 hours on Official rates.

I'm pretty sure the resource and time investment is WAY WORTH it, and at times was way too easy to satisfy. Especially since Ghillie and SCUBA tanks weigh almost nothing and you can bring multiple sets on you with your Beelzebufo (I usually bring 10 pairs) and with Two Level 150+ Beelze with Mate-boost and a non-stupid team member, it becomes somewhat of a chore rather than a challenge.

Prepwork Low, Reward SO SO SO HIGH <3 <3 <3 <3

But now there's Level 250+ Arthropleuras? OH NO, THEY MELTED MY GHILLIE AND SCUBA! I guess I'll just replace it with ONE OF MY TEN WEIGHTLESS PAIRS and suck down some Tonic. At least they finally added a creature that you have to plan and be strategic with before fighting.

(I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but don't Wooden Spike Walls instantly kill spitting Arthros?)

Do Arthropleuras still damage armour that is in your inventory?

8 hours ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Use a pike while mounted on the frog. Gets you out of being in jams like that. Not to mention scorpions were the #1 cause of getting stuck besides jumping, and those were removed. Primitive scuba and ghillie is dirt cheap and basically weightless. I've made boxes and boxes and boxes full of primitive ghillie just from spare organic poly while crafting structures, and could do pretty much the same with primitive scuba tanks.

Scorpions have glitchy af hitboxes, glad they were removed. But plueras? Lord help us all. 

7 hours ago, waterKeeper said:

nerfs like these nerfs only put the alphas at a better position. Now instead if doing 10 cave runs they do 5, but instead of you doing one you get killed at the door. Instead of taking 1 hour to haul 1300 metal back to base they use their 10 bred quetzies and take 20k instead of 25k. These kinds of nerfs nerf everyone, but alphas feel it the least because they have so many damn resources it doesn't matter. 

After trying the new swamp cave, I must say that this is the first time I've ever been disappointed enough with a change in ARK to lose a chunk of fun I've had with the game previously.

I'm playing on PvE with my girlfriend, we're essentially a two-person-tribe and we've spent hours and hours in prepping for swamp cave. First, we went together, on frog and bary and it was extremely hard and we couldn't do it. We came back with frog, bary, dimos and enduro stew and barely cleared it.

We decided to start breeding Baryonyxes, trying to make a mount strong enough that would help us clear the cave more easily. We've put countless hours in taming high-lvl Barys, breeding them in until we got one good enough that we could clear it with without major problems.

Sure, you still have to prep carefully - I forgot my Enduro Stew one time and I couldn't do it due to prim Scuba tank and ghillie armour. I have to go get fish meat beforehand to forcefeed the Bary. I had to make sure I walk backwards and bite forward when the Meganeuras came. I couldn't get stuck or dismount. I was super happy when we found a journeyman Bary saddle BP.  

But we could do it. We felt like we had accomplished something with what we worked for, we could now rest a bit, gather some good loot and EXP to tackle the next thing - Snow Cave.

I was the last one to clear it yesterday with Scorpions in still after the Patch. I was probably the first one in there this morning. I can't do it anymore and it feels like it's catapulted us right back to where we came from. I couldn't even finish the first wave, the arthropleuras one-hit destroyed my armour, their damage return hurt my Bary bad.

Not that being pushed back is bad in itself, this is a survival game after all, but it just took the fun out for me personally. I loved doing Swamp Cave, for us, it was exactly the right kind of mixture between imminent danger and the easy-breezy-status that we'd worked for.

After my initial down of about two hours, I now have a new mission - craft a million rockets and blast the Arthopleuras to hell where they belong, cute little bastards (which I'm gonna do once and then never touch Swamp Cave again).

I'd like for it to get changed again. Not to it's previous state, but maybe make it still doable with a little more work. Don't change ALL scorpions to arthopleuras, change SOME of them only. Reduce the EXP.

15 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

But now there's Level 250+ Arthropleuras? OH NO, THEY MELTED MY GHILLIE AND SCUBA! I guess I'll just replace it with ONE OF MY TEN WEIGHTLESS PAIRS and suck down some Tonic. At least they finally added a creature that you have to plan and be strategic with before fighting.

(I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but don't Wooden Spike Walls instantly kill spitting Arthros?)

Not sure if you got the memo, but a arthropleura thats lvl 250+ can pretty much one shot you off your mount even if your scuba/ghillie is all ascendant. 

Pretty sure i could do it the same, and i was on foot. My point is crying doesn't solve ur problems, think out new methods inst

Please, i'd love to see a video of you clearing the cave on foot on an official server. 

I swear the people saying "adapt and overcome" don't understand the situation. You have a dinosaur that can reflect your damage back into your face, and also destroys all your gear, every single step of the way. What kind of fight are they expecting people to take to the cave? A 40 man team with rocket launchers and thousands of shells?

People keep talkin about high quality BPs...I've completed that cave 25+ times and haven't gotten anything worth while.  If you want apprentice hide gear, take a right.  If you want a primitive rocket launcher or behemoth gate BP, take a left and head towards the artifact.

Chitin is useful the first 2 trips...and then you have vaults full.  Same with the CP...but my slugs produce enough that it is also essentially no value.  I'm lvl 100...so there really is no real value in one of the more challenging caves.

I want a reason to go in there, but I personally can't find one.

Archived