Swamp cave changes.... what a joke.....

Thirel

what a joke placing arthropleuras inside the swamp cave.... They made the swamp cave almost impossible to be done, if u take a dino there to do the cave there´s a chance of 99.9% of it dying before u finish the first path because of bizarre amount of damage return from arthropleuras (i dont know if the amount damage return is based also on their lvl and not only the attackers damage) and thats not the only problem that arthropleuras brought, how are u gonna survive inside of the cave if every time u face an arthropleura theres a 90% chance of all ur gear get busted by their spit? the only way now is bringing like thousands of rockets to blow every single dino (im not kidding about the amount of rockets because of the amount of dinos and their lvl inside the cave is 200+), i know its a survival game and the cave need to be hard but placing arthropleuras there made it almost impossible and really expensive.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Lol last week was a topic about Ark being too easy and never dying to dinos. This week it's too hard... 

Oh man, just can't please everyone. 

nah dude, if we didnt had to use gas mask or scuba for the swamp cave we could deal with teh arthropleuras taking 2- 3 dinos to the cave, but since u need to use gear to survive the toxic gas inside the cave, how are u supose to do the cave if u get ur gear busted every 5 meters that u walk inside the cave? hard is something, the arthropleura made it almost impossible

27 minutes ago, Thirel said:

nah dude, if we didnt had to use gas mask or scuba for the swamp cave we could deal with teh arthropleuras taking 2- 3 dinos to the cave, but since u need to use gear to survive the toxic gas inside the cave, how are u supose to do the cave if u get ur gear busted every 5 meters that u walk inside the cave? hard is something, the arthropleura made it almost impossible

No I get it, there is a balance. I just thought that the juxtaposition of these threads was amusing and worth a chuckle. 

by swamp cave you mean redwood cave?(I call it swamp cave also and people get confused thinking I mean the one that's in the actual swamp lol). I honestly think its completely stupid. Because regardless of what quality items you have them stupid centipedes(despite being adorable) annoy the hell out of me with their aimbot acid spit that breaks even mastercraft items in a few hits. .

my solution? Make the damn gas mask actually useful. Instead of it having an actual durability(that only lasts like 2 damn minutes while on(even less if you get hit)), make the substrate things you put in it have a durability and allow us to change them on the fly.

2 hours ago, Thirel said:

Possible Reward: 2,000+ Cementing Paste, around 10,000 Chitin, opportunities at high level Blueprints for important items with around a 33% chance at an easy Red drop every hour. Over 25,000 XP after clearing it out safely. Able to get from Level 1 to Level 85 in less than 8 hours on Official rates.

I'm pretty sure the resource and time investment is WAY WORTH it, and at times was way too easy to satisfy. Especially since Ghillie and SCUBA tanks weigh almost nothing and you can bring multiple sets on you with your Beelzebufo (I usually bring 10 pairs) and with Two Level 150+ Beelze with Mate-boost and a non-stupid team member, it becomes somewhat of a chore rather than a challenge.

Prepwork Low, Reward SO SO SO HIGH <3 <3 <3 <3

But now there's Level 250+ Arthropleuras? OH NO, THEY MELTED MY GHILLIE AND SCUBA! I guess I'll just replace it with ONE OF MY TEN WEIGHTLESS PAIRS and suck down some Tonic. At least they finally added a creature that you have to plan and be strategic with before fighting.

(I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but don't Wooden Spike Walls instantly kill spitting Arthros?)

24 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Possible Reward: 2,000+ Cementing Paste, around 10,000 Chitin, opportunities at high level Blueprints for important items with around a 33% chance at an easy Red drop every hour. Over 25,000 XP after clearing it out safely. Able to get from Level 1 to Level 85 in less than 8 hours on Official rates.

I'm pretty sure the resource and time investment is WAY WORTH it, and at times was way too easy to satisfy. Especially since Ghillie and SCUBA tanks weigh almost nothing and you can bring multiple sets on you with your Beelzebufo (I usually bring 10 pairs) and with Two Level 150+ Beelze with Mate-boost and a non-stupid team member, it becomes somewhat of a chore rather than a challenge.

But now there's Level 250+ Arthropleuras? OH NO, THEY MELTED MY GHILLIE AND SCUBA! I guess I'll just replace it with ONE OF MY TEN WEIGHTLESS PAIRS and suck down some Tonic. At least they finally added a creature that you have to plan and be strategic with before fighting.

(I'm not sure if they fixed it or not, but don't Wooden Spike Walls instantly kill spitting Arthros?)

I don't even care about the paste, the chitin or the xp. Taking ten sets of gear is simply an absurd pre-requisite. Not to mention the obscene damage inflicted from high level 'Pedes.

Also, how are you even "usually bringing 10 pairs" if the update only just hit? Have you been doing nothing but raiding swamp cave since the update?

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel. I'm a relatively newcomer, but it seems like high-level BPs are basically always out of reach without huge amounts of assets already, me and the buddy I play with tried the cave after patch, both level 200+, and like mentioned, ran into the issue of our armor being shredded, and we don't have the luxury of 10+ sets of ghillie/scuba, we barely managed to put the two sets of ghillie/scuba together for our run (tanked some damage from gas using enduro stew, too, to save supplies). Prior to the changes, we managed to do it a couple times, but this is pretty rough for us.

1 hour ago, LilNastyGurl said:

srry but i have to desagree with u, i dont know how many times u have done that cave but 90% of the time the drop is crap, metal behemeote gate bp, ac bp, bullets bp, only crap useless bp´s, and honestly, CHITIN AND PASTE? lol thats bullpoop, it doesnt worth the time, theres almost no use for chitin, and paste u can easly farm on dams and achatinas, and now that they implemented the titanoboas, titanomyras and arthropleuras, the amount of meganeuras (the main source of xp on that cave) is even lower now, and i bet that with 150 tamed frogs u cant clean that cave like u are saying because u will take a huge time to kill the arthropleuras and before the half of the cave, even having like 10 sets u will get all of them busted.....

I have bears raised over there to do the cave easily because even using lvl 280 born wolves (lvl 340 now) its a raptoring pain to clean that cave before this patch, now is probably impossible, and using the bears lvl 330 born (the bear is lvl 380 now with 6khp 940 damage) i cant even finish the first part without having 2 sets totaly busted by the arthropleuras, and thats not the worst part, the bear cant keep going because he lost 5k health because of the return damage from arthropleuras, so yes, its a bad joke that change, arthropleuras lvl 200+ inside that cave is just dumb and made it impossible.

I was thinking of just trying out using all Ghillie, maybe enduro stew, and also bug repellent.  Perhaps I can just bounce past any arthropleura on a frog, but the density is definitely intense in the beginning.  With a full set of ghillie the damage taken should be reduced quite a bit, and if needed I could use medical brews and lamb chops to heal.  What do you guys think?

i dont know how much damage are u gonna take per sec by using only ghillie, but i dont think that medical brew can keep ur health up in the same speed as the poison gas damages u, and the problem of using a frog for that tatic, if u get stuck in a floating state because of the huge amount of dnos inside the cave u will be dead, the frogs doesnt attack in floating state.

1 hour ago, waterKeeper said:

I had to clear the swamp cave on official no tame, I'm sure you can figure it out. Adapt and overcome.

well if u are on a pvp server where u can build inside the cave, u can block all the main dino spawns making the cave really easy, but on pve is freaking impossible to do that cave without spend a poopload of resourcers and in the end get only useless and crap drops

50 minutes ago, Thirel said:

i dont know how much damage are u gonna take per sec by using only ghillie, but i dont think that medical brew can keep ur health up in the same speed as the poison gas damages u, and the problem of using a frog for that tatic, if u get stuck in a floating state because of the huge amount of dnos inside the cave u will be dead, the frogs doesnt attack in floating state.

Use a pike while mounted on the frog. Gets you out of being in jams like that. Not to mention scorpions were the #1 cause of getting stuck besides jumping, and those were removed. Primitive scuba and ghillie is dirt cheap and basically weightless. I've made boxes and boxes and boxes full of primitive ghillie just from spare organic poly while crafting structures, and could do pretty much the same with primitive scuba tanks.

6 minutes ago, Thirel said:

well if u are on a pvp server where u can build inside the cave, u can block all the main dino spawns making the cave really easy, but on pvp is freaking impossible to do that cave without spend a poopload of resourcers and in the end get only useless and crap drops

No i didnt block spawns, but yes pvp, I killed everything specifically for the xp, that was b4 the athropleura, but same idea, adapt to the change, switch tactics...

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, waterKeeper said:

No I killed everything specifically for the xp, that was b4 the athropleura, but same idea, adapt to the change, switch tactics...

So you have zero experience with what the OP and other people are talking about here.

Go do it after the patch. Then come back and comment.

1 minute ago, waterKeeper said:

No I killed everything specifically for the xp, that was b4 the athropleura, but same idea, adapt to the change, switch tactics...

well then try it now with a tamed dino before saying anything, is impossible because of the huge damage return from the arthropleuras and "adapt to the change, switch tactics" lol, are u kiding me? skiping the dinos with a frog is a "really nice" way to do the cave....
and using a pike and having like 237813781937192391738192378912 sets of scuba/ghilie to do the cave is really pathetic, its a poop way to screw up with that cave, the change on the snow cave was a nice idea with the purlovias to avoid the "cave runers" and the "polar" bears making it harder, this was a nice way to make the cave more challenge, but the swamp cave change in my opinion was a poop idea placing arthropleuras lvl 200+ over there

I think this change is because it was too easy with a wolf or baryonyx. There's a choke point near the entrance, signifying this isn't a cave that's intended to do mounted.

What I think they want us to do now is go on foot using guns, but maybe have a backup frog for the swarms of meganeuras.

Also... Has anyone seen how frequent arthros are in there? They may be a rare spawn.

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I think this change is because it was too easy with a wolf or baryonyx. There's a choke point near the entrance, signifying this isn't a cave that's intended to do mounted.

What I think they want us to do now is go on foot using guns, but maybe have a backup frog for the swarms of meganeuras.

Also... Has anyone seen how frequent arthros are in there? They may be a rare spawn.

u need to clean the old spawn that was there before the patch so the new spawn can come, if u think 4 -5 arthropleuras lvl 200+ in every spawn area on the swamp cave is rare, im srry but u are wrong, and if u are a solo player, it doesnt worth doing the cave anymore, dinos cant handle the damage from the "thorn ability" from the arthropleuras, and u are gonna spend alot of resource to get to the drops and find only crap loot like structures bp´s, bullets bp´s, gps bp´s and this kind of crap.
if u can get a small dino like a wolf, saber, baryonys inside the cave, so its intended to be done mounted too, and im 100% sure that u cant do that cave "easy" if u get there a perfect kibble 150 tamed frog/wolf/saber/ baryonys, u probably will lost at least 30 - 1 hour to clear the cave and get the drops because of this new change, offcourse its easier to do if u have strong high lvl end breed dinos (to have this kind of dinos it takes time and effort to make them)

Archived