PC & Xbox: Single Player & Dino Spawning

Jatheish

On 7/8/2017 at 11:28 AM, cusko said:

We need spinosaurus sail. But on Regnorak map I can't seem to find any spino! And you can't transfer that from another map. Fix spino spawns on new map pls. Can you also boost speed from Quetzel a bit. They go to slow now! To get somewhere with a Quetzel on new map takes days! 

You'd have far better luck going on the Ragnarok Devs discord and bringing the problem to their attention directly. Wildcard has no hand in spawn counts for that map.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

xbox single player (centermap)

I dont know where to report this but its a horrid crash that seems to be related to taming the Plesiosaur

I tame a plesiosaur and then exit the game and it just crashes (closes down) and rolls me back.  I get horrid lag when i open the inventory of the plesiosaur and try to assign points to it.  I tried leaving it in the middle of the ocean and sailing back to me base and logging out on my base .. nope .. crash and rollback.  I then tried bringing it back to a shoreline where i know i dont crash and tried logging out there and nope .. crash and rollback.    

I did use the command "DoTame" but hey ho I dont think that it LOL.    

anyhow seems that something is wrong with this beast.  I  can move around with a shark and do whatever down deep there .. (the loading is nasty but.. it doesnt crash) and then i can return to my base (or wherever and logout just fine)

also i have only the newly tamed beast and one shark or maybe 2 with me when i do this so i am not knee deep in dinos.   I also tried "destroywilddinos" before logging out to wipe the area of dinos.. nope.. crash and rollback..

(i have already 60 tamed dinos .. scattered around but according to the info on the characters profile the limit is 600 sooo.. not that either..)

Hello again,

We finally did the snow cave v758.0 singleplayer and its the dead character body that goes into the roof or ceiling not to be found, we always found the bags, in reference to previous post. With the high difficulty and the high level dinos in the cave it became expensive and we ended spending a lot of time at the cave so for that reason I think that 4 hours until respawning of the dinos is short. Not to say how we did it and spoil things. I guess you know how many yeti there is in that cave and the levels to do a xp calc. We all are most impressed how you all work and make this game into a heartstopper :)

On 7/9/2017 at 4:32 PM, mleii said:

How about the farthest NE mountain near carno island?  That one always seemed to have Giga's on or near it when ever I ran around the dedicated I set up.  In fact there were 3 all there at one point.  I ran away as fast as I could as I was just starting out on the server.  LOL

EDIT, I haven't seen one yet in my single player world, though I haven't gone there since this last update on my single player instance.

I saw one last night on Frozen Tooth!

On 11.7.2017 at 1:50 PM, CyanicEmber said:

You'd have far better luck going on the Ragnarok Devs discord and bringing the problem to their attention directly. Wildcard has no hand in spawn counts for that map.

Are we supposed to get in touch with them about any problem regarding the Ragnarok map? and where is such a thread?

1 hour ago, SurvivalArtist said:

Are we supposed to get in touch with them about any problem regarding the Ragnarok map? and where is such a thread?

I believe we are supposed to report it to them directly, though I am not certain exactly how to get into their Discord, I know that I found a link on one of the Ark Forums, I think either here or Steam. If you just ask about it I'm sure someone will show you how to get in. ^_^

Sorry, this isn't about dino spawns. But it's a big problem.

Xbox ded, centre map

• Engrams will not open sometimes. I tried to unlock the harpoon last night, but it would not- the way I had to get it open was to unlock the tranc harpoon.

Also a new player on the server could not unlock campfire, it later unlocked when he unlocked something else- presumably in that 'branch'.

Cheers guys, will check out a cave later, all land spawns seem to be good.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Ded server xbox centre map.

Checked out Beaver dam cave, as we'd done it a few days past. Spawns do not seem to be correct.

Lack of dinos- esp anthro...? (centipedes) and spiders- there were only a few (one or two) this time- not the normal sways. 

But, there were other previously unseen dinos- the ones that sleep during the day and a very lost looking beaver .... (in entrance mouth section wandering around)

It could now be done very easily solo on foot- which doesn't seem at all right?

I hope this helps.

In my singleplayer on Xbox, on the Island map, I have recently been seeing Titanosaurs somewhat regularly. Gigas almost never spawn on the Island for me. I have about 13 days worth of play time and have only seen maybe 2 or 3 Gigas. I do see plenty on The Center map though. The last time I saw a Giga on the Island was several updates ago. Also, Equus do not spawn on the Island at all for me. I see them all the time on Scorched Earth and occasionally on The Center map.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been playing on the island and center maps on single player for the past 3 months. And when I logged onto my island my last week all my Dino's and structures were all gone. My character data was there but nothing else. Same thing just happened on my center map too. Another issue I'm dealing with is I beat the center bosses yesterday and it rewarded me with a gigs bionic skin. But the actual achievement never unlocked.

Archived