PC & Xbox: Single Player & Dino Spawning

Jatheish

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the last few updates, I've had a repeated crash in single player, island, after taming, and trying to save. I'd hoped this latest update would solve it...

If I tame then exit the game using the menu, the game either exits to the XB dashboard immediately, or hard crashes with corrupted sound. This also happens if I dotame then saveworld. 

Thought it might be the size of my save file (several bases, each with a good number of tames and items in storage) so I killed off a few dinos at each base, but no luck there.  

This isn't happening on scorched Earth but I don't have nearly as much in that world.

I know this isn't what you're looking for, and I guess it's not happening to many others... But is there something I should know about limits on items/buildings/tames, or any idea what I did try so I can keep playing my single player game? 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Doss said:

-Xbox Titian and Giga spawing are working fine for me. I constantly have atleast one Titan and two Gigas on the Island. For the Center it's usually about two Titians and 3 Gigas.

For the the caves on the Island I barely have any spawing....like maybe a whole cave with two bats and a scorpion. On the Center it's the opposite. My game will drop to 2fps because there are so many spwans they are spawing on top of each other. Haven't played Scorched Earth in forever so I couldn't tell you too much about those caves. When I was they were about the same as the Island.

Good to know about the Titan and Giga. In regards to the cave spawn, are you noticing this after a couple hours of gameplay? It'll take 4 real life hours for things to respawn, or you could use cheat slomo for about 15 minutes.

2 hours ago, FreakendWarrior said:

Why was my post removed with out being answer it related to cave spawns? Why are arthropluera in the swamp cave it makes it impossible. Or so hard it's little to no point trying. 

This post isn't necessarily about the creatures that exist in the cave, but specifically spawning in general. The caves were adjusted to have more appropriate creatures, but yes we're aware that this does make the swamp cave quite difficult due to the armour breaking capabilities. It's something we're discussing internally. I am removing threads that don't pertain to the OP as I am looking for specific feedback, but you're welcome to create another thread discussing it.

2 hours ago, darthdamash said:

Cave spawns have been working on Island, but Artifact in Caverns of Lost Faith not re spawning.  Haven't been in other caves yet will try today.  Left cave for 20 mins or so came back still not there

It'll take an hour for those to reappear IIRC.

8 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

For the last few updates, I've had a repeated crash in single player, island, after taming, and trying to save. I'd hoped this latest update would solve it...

If I tame then exit the game using the menu, the game either exits to the XB dashboard immediately, or hard crashes with corrupted sound. This also happens if I dotame then saveworld. 

Thought it might be the size of my save file (several bases, each with a good number of tames and items in storage) so I killed off a few dinos at each base, but no luck there.  

This isn't happening on scorched Earth but I don't have nearly as much in that world.

I know this isn't what you're looking for, and I guess it's not happening to many others... But is there something I should know about limits on items/buildings/tames, or any idea what I did try so I can keep playing my single player game? 

Can you get a video of this happening?

On 7/7/2017 at 3:32 PM, Jat said:

Please only provide information if you're currently playing on PC / Xbox in Single Player or on Non - Dedicated Servers

Hey guys!

As of the latest update, we've made some additional changes to creature spawns in Single Player, most importantly: Cave Spawns, Giganotosaurus, and the Titanosaur. 

I am hoping to collect some feedback from players over the next 2 days. I'd like to know whether you run into issues where you do not see the Giga/Titan not spawning in the overworld (it'll take approximately 6 hrs, but it's possible to speed up your game with 'cheat slomo 15' which in essence will make it 15x quicker). 

Something I'm also curious about is your cave spawns, previously upon entering or exiting a cave, the creatures inside would immediately refresh. We've now made it so that cave spawns/creatures are saved on reloading and unloading the cave itself, as well as the game, and that they'll only respawn after about 4 hours of real life time. 

If anyone is experiencing any problems with spawns in single player, please let us know whether you're using mods, whether you've tried to wipe wild dinos using the admin command: cheat destroywilddinos and as much specifics about the problem you can provide, for example -> an over spawn in a particular area, a lack of spawns altogether, etc.

Thank you very much! All the feedback and information is much appreciated :)

I play on pc single player on Ragnarok right now and i have noticed a couple giggas and one or two titans, i do have ark eternal mod on along with quite a few other mods. Everything seems much better after this last update tell everyone to keep up the good work.

You ought to look at Spinosaurs spawnpoints. Due to introducing Redwood biome you removed 4 spawnpoints that were along side of the river in the middle of the map. You almost made that animal exctinct. Now I hardly ever see it spawing at the last remaining spawpoints that I'm aware off in the south and south west from green obelisks in the rivers. This issue applies to official servers too.

Hey so I've left a flew replies already. one thing I've noticed lately, and idk if this is an issue or if it's intended, but wild dino levels seem to be really low. I have max difficulty checked, done dino wipes but since a few patches ago the avaerage level of any dino is usually about level 20. I get finding a 150 shouldn't be super common but sometimes I spend hours looking for something to tame and I don't come across any dinos of any kind over 100. 

Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate everything you guys do! 

Xbox One V758

SinglePlayer

The Island

Since the last update, the game has become more laggy, even at some places there's no construction or tamed creatures. The textures of both tamed and wild creatures appears in polygon constantly. Here's a video i've made of this issue:

About the carvern of lost of faith, i've noticed there're less creature than the V757.1, i've encountered few Electrophorus, 2 Mantas and 1 Ichty. Also some Electrophorus have respawn on the land of the cavern near the artefact. 

However, the respawn of the Gigas and the Titans works correctly, i've encountered 2 Gigas in one session.

21 minutes ago, ChronicAmnesia said:

Hey so I've left a flew replies already. one thing I've noticed lately, and idk if this is an issue or if it's intended, but wild dino levels seem to be really low. I have max difficulty checked, done dino wipes but since a few patches ago the avaerage level of any dino is usually about level 20. I get finding a 150 shouldn't be super common but sometimes I spend hours looking for something to tame and I don't come across any dinos of any kind over 100. 

Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate everything you guys do! 

What do you have your difficulty level set to as well as the max difficulty checked?

4 hours ago, Jat said:

Can you get a video of this happening?

Ok got it.  Apparently there is no way I can I PM the YouTube link to you? 

Here, I'll take it down later - let me know if you need it up for longer:

Worth mentioning the bug only happened a few times, and then stopped occurring... even with the exact same dino that used to cause the crash *every time*, after a few attempts to get a better video, it tamed and saved fine, with no crash on exit. I'll play some more and see if it happens again. 

____

UPDATE: I got the crash again after trying to dotame a Wooly Mammoth - this is the original creature that first caused the crash back when you guys first fixed the Dire Wolf infestation in the North. Do you need a video of this too @Jat?

____

Also to feed back on your OP, a few patches ago the millions of wolves in the North were replaced by lots of creatures I hadn't seen in months. There are plenty of wolves too, but finally we have diversity and respawns again.  I'll check the caves next... They were almost all empty in the past.  

Update 2 - first cave I checked had creatures! Checking more.  

I can't learn any engrams because there are no in structions on how to do so on this new UI in the engram menu.  I see the bar at the bottom, but pressing "A" does absolutely nothing and neither does any other button.  So what exactly am I supposed to press to learn the engram???  I tried clicking on the engram, but once I move the cursor off of it, it doesn't be show selected.  This is seriously frustrating!!!!  Especially, since ALL of my engrams were reset!  Character is starving and I can't even learn an engram to cook meat!  Berries don't work too well long term.

FOR GODS SAKE my only 4 wyverns I had been raising for 3 days just died when I logged on because this dumb thing was added- Food consumption on dinos raised from 0.1 to 0.25 per unit Health regenerated

You have to feed a level 180 babie milk every 45 minuets! 

giving up pve official until this is fixed since I only have 1 Petra to get eggs with since I lost 2 in the raise.

Tried to run the swamp cave last night. Been through 25-30 times since breeding frogs on our pve official xbox server. Last night was a massacre. Friend and I both lost our frogs, and almost everything. He made it out with his gear, but I wasnt able to locate my bag with inventory, and death indicator wasnt functioning properly. I brought an extra set of gear to be on the safe side.. With more than 12 lvl 200+ anthropulera inside, we would have needed 5 x that many armor sets to clear. That or send bred frogs with top tier saddles to die, fighting on our whistled commands.

Worst part by far was the four deep anthro ambush on the way out... thats what really sealed the deal. And yes ee cleard it pn the way in. First spit hit me broke 2 ,pc of armor instantly. from then you have 30 seconds to make it out. Lol.. Through a tunnel packed solid with monster bugs. R.I.P frogs R.I.P. precrafted asc basil saddle. :(..

It shouldnt be easy. Agreed. A little to much though. The anthro spit needs to be reworked to say the least, and spawns shouldnt trap you in a cave you fought your way into...

I haven't seen any Rexes spawn on Scorched Earth in single player. I have not run the destroywilddinos command, but I had been manually running through and killing stuff in the badlands for a few hours in the hopes of getting one to show up. No luck so far.

I feel like metal / stone nodes are taking longer to respawn than I am used to, but I haven't actually gone and timed it or anything.

• Jatheish unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived